Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-08-17 Name: Richard Hickman
Location: Lenexa, KS

"Lennox XC-14 Air Conditioner"
This unit was installed two years ago. It's never worked right. The utility bill for electric is 40% higher than the old unit - It was 25 years old. It also doesn't remove the humidity from the air and has caused the carpeting to buckle in the house. Now the service company that installed the unit wants me to replace the low side service port condenser and fill it back up with freon. The unit is two years old!!!! Both Lennox and "Service Experts" of Overland Park, ks should be ashamed of themselves.

Date created: 2012-08-06 Name: Janet
Location: Toms River , New Jersey

"Lennox 16 Seer Compressor"
Our old Coleman condensor crapped out after 20 years of service. This central a/c system cooled our upper floor. The Lennox tech came out to service the old Coleman and recommended we change out the Coleman condenser with a high energy Lennox condenser. After said and done, we did not have a high efficency Lennox condenser compatible with the old Coleman air handler. WHY? We later found out that the old Coleman was not compatible with the new Lennox. Word of caution to anyone with Central A/C system over 15 years old crapping out. Whenever in doubt, Go to Amana Technical support when changing over Cental A/C. If not for our Amana tech we would not have known it was time to cash in and have a total change out with our entire system. We picked the new Amana ASX18 high efficency 18 Seer Air Conditioner with air handler in our home. Thanks Amana. Your have the honest and Best Techs.

Date created: 2012-08-04 Name: Ihab El-Zoghbi
Location: Brossard, Quebec, Canada

"XP-15-036 Lennox heat pump"
The worst product I have ever bought. It breaks down twice per year starting the first year of purchase. When I call for service "air fortier" company, they charge for everything they do. I do not understand what type of warranty it comes with. My advice is to never buy from Lennox products. Ihab

Date created: 2012-07-06 Name: Bob Moulton
Location: Waukesha wi

"No AC again!"
In 2009 we replaced our old ac unit that was working but older. In 2010 the dealer replaced the outside part under warranty. The unit was not working. Now in 2012 the outside unit is not working again. We never had a problem with the old unit. But this one... We use ac very little a few weeks a year.

Date created: 2012-07-05 Name: Inge Patton
Location: Bowling Green KY

"Very poor"
We moved from the desert to Kentucky. We rarely had any issues with our AC in those high desert temps. But here in Kentucky we had the unfortunate event of buying a new home with a brand new Lennox AC. We have had constant problems with the unit and as of now it is still not resolved. In short, it is garbage.

Date created: 2012-07-02 Name: J Salinas
Location: Simpsonville, SC

"I would never buy another Lennox"
Our 5 year old Lennox air conditioner's compressor went. Since it is over 5 years old, it is not covered under warranty. It will cost 1900.00 to replace outside unit with another Lennox. I will never buy another Lennox even if it cost me more. An expensive air conditioner should last more than 5 years.

Date created: 2012-06-24 Name: Steve T

"My unit"
Lennox Product... I am satisfied ,, Bought my home in 99 unit was 4 years old. Heat, A/C and air scrubber... all are serviced by me, and only one issue in all this time, with research. I repaired it my self for low dough, 17 year old unit, works better than my buddy's brand new construction home w/ a carrier unit he has already called twice for service.

Date created: 2012-06-21 Name: Darin Sidwell
Location: St. Louis, MO 63010

"Great System"
We have had our Lennox System for a few years & find our system has not given us any problems. We do regular maintanance and this system works great. This was a new custom home and we did our research & hired the right contractor to design the system and it has been the correct thing to do. Our utilties on 2800 square foot on budget billing are $180.00 a month. So the ones with bad reviews either bought cheaper systems or did not have the right contractor. We would have had the same results with Carrier or Trane. I believe its all in how its installed and the quality of the product you buy.

Date created: 2012-06-13 Name: sharon
Location: west chicago ,il.

"Lennox air conditioner"
My Lennox is less then a week old and doesn't work. Would never buy again.

Date created: 2012-06-13 Name: M. Reynolds
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

"Piece of crap"
I bought a brand new two story house four years ago. Since then, both the upstairs unit and downstairs unit has been diagnosed with leaks and both compressors needed to be replaced. The 10 year warranty covers the cost of a new compressor and other parts, but the cost of labor is absolutely ridiculous! In the past 4 months, I have put $1400 dollars worth of freon ( $41 per pound) and labor into just the downstairs unit alone with 2 different visits. Don't buy, especially if you live in a state where air conditioning is not a luxury, but a necessity...