Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2013-12-05 Name: kathleen adams

"Need to look"
I have owned my unit since 2002 and every year I have had a part replaced.Never fails -- right as it gets cold it shuts down. I most definitely don't recommend a Lennox Unit. I was not satisfied from the day I bought it. 2 months of buying it the motor was replaced.These units are not worth the $6,000.00 I paid. Forget about them doing anything because they don't care.

Date created: 2013-12-04 Name: Brenda Benner
Location: Gatesville, Tx

"Very Happy with my Lennox"
I am very happy with my Lennox heat & air unit. After spending 15 years trying to get a unit that would work right in my home I finally bought a Lennox from Schuman's Heat & Air in Gatesville, TX & finally have a unit that works properly for my home. Also their service was outstanding. I am 1 very happy customer!!!

Date created: 2013-09-20 Name: S SACKS
Location: HUNTINGTIN, NY

"19 Year Old HS26-411 Just Died!"
My 1994 Lennox 3-ton AC unit just died. That being said, it was never cleaned, never serviced, never touched since it was installed in 1998 as a 1994 leftover. After the heat wave in July, it stopped. I replaced the blown out capacitor and contactor and now it will turn the blade motor and compressor on if I manually click the contactor switch. It leaks oil and thus freon. A Lennox dealer came out and gave me quotes to replace of 6,000, 8,000, and 12,000. I can't afford. Did not tell me about dry charge units cost $896 from HVAC.com. But, 19 years of trouble free use. The unit does not owe me anything. Builders grade Aire-Flo may be the answer. If you can afford it and can pay a reputable installer, get the Lennox new latest and greatest 25 seer. If not, Aire-Flo sells for half but it is made cheaper. You can get a ten-year warranty with the Lennox but only 5 years with Aire-Flo for a reason.

Date created: 2013-08-08 Name: R. Ackerman
Location: So. Plainfield NJ

"Lemon AC System"
I replaced a 19 year old Whirlpool unit that was working and only needed a recharge once. I was sold on a Lennox brand because of their reputation. The unit is 6 years old. So far, I've had an electrical problem that required replacement parts, then the condenser fan motor burned out and now the coil needs to be replaced. The warranty on the coil was for only 5 years. The replacement cost is $1700.00. When Lennox was contacted, they advised there was nothing they could or would do since the warranty was up to five years. I will never recommend Lennox to anyone. They don't stand by their product and the quality of their product is horrible. They do a good job on marketing but are very poor when it comes to manufacturing and customer service.

Date created: 2013-07-03 Name: David Thompson
Location: Kansas City

"3 Ton Lennox"
I certainly don't like the fact that a name as big as Lennox makes claims of standing behind their unit and claiming they are built to last, then turn around not cover a 6 year old unit with a bad compressor. I just bought my 2 year old house equipped with a 2007 model Lennox 3 ton 5807C34239, so it must have started the warranty before the house was built. I called Lennox and the rep told me the warranty expired last year. They were sorry and informed me their units are built to last. That means absolutely nothing to someone with a burn up AC just outside a warranty. Now if you sympathize with a customer, try extending the warranty to show gratitude or at least acknowledge the fact that the customer got screwed by a less than par unit you manufactured and offer some type of incentive to get them into a new unit at a discount. That is standing behind your product. Not just counting the days until the warranty expires. This comes at a huge expense by me, the customer. I will always recommend to everyone to stay away from Lennox and you can bet your ass I'll never purchase one. I'll add that the unit had to have a running start from morning just to half way cool our home through the summer. You can blame the issue on any number of things, but it's a new house and the AC is dead after 6 years. I'll be adding a video to Youtube showing my complete review which will include a brief inside view of the duct work and unit itself. I checked with several contractors and manufacturers. I found no one who would recommend installing a Lennox. In fact, I was told by multiple HVAC pros in the area that they like Lennox for one reason. Lennox keeps them in business. After calling Lennox last, I heard exactly what I expected to hear. I decided to go with the Trane XB14 for price and a top rated installer held by the highest standards. Fingers are now crossed.

Date created: 2013-04-17 Name: B. T. Thompson
Location: Temple, TX

"Don't buy a Lennox!"
I have had 4 units/ compressors/ fan motors between my office and house and they all go bad for various reasons. None of the units lasted more than 6 years before serious problems. I will never install one of these again.

Date created: 2013-03-11 Name: Colleen sindenCollsinden
Location: Lilydale Victoria

"Always later in the day the cool air stops and it's hot air coming through"
My Lennox heating and cooling comfort series is new. It was put in November 2012 and from day one always in the afternoon hot air comes through. It's so bloody annoying On a 35 degree day. I had two people look at it and say they fixed it but it keeps doing it it cost me $13,000 dollars. I'm taking them to vcat I have had enough. Has anybody had trouble like me?

Date created: 2013-01-22 Name: J. Simmons
Location: Denver, CO

Lennox is the most over-priced, over-hyped equipment on the market. Their units consistently have the highest failure rate among all brands. What they are good at is marketing.....they convince consumers that their product is "elite".....I've been a contractor for over 25 years and Lennox keeps my pockets lined with repair calls on their garbage products. Keep up the good work Lennox...HVAC Repair contractors love your products!

Date created: 2013-01-08 Name: Randall Dalton
Location: Kansas City

"Lennox POS"
We bought our Lennox 6 years ago and it has been a money pit. Replaced the compressor, thermostat, 2 controller boards, ignitor. Our old furnace was 18+ years old and worked flawlessly.

Date created: 2012-11-03 Name: E Brandlen
Location: Houston, TX

"Horrible"
Bought a Lennox condensor (model lcs13dc-042) less than two months ago to replace the 20-year old Carrier unit that cooled my down strairs after it failed. As of today the Lennox condensor is broken. The 20-year old Carrier unit that cools the upstairs is still running. I had planned to replace that old Carrier condensor with a new, matching, Lennox condensor this coming spring...not so sure I'll do that now.