Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-02-11 Name: Henk Haitjema
Location: Bloomington, IN

"Lennox Humiditrol unit"
I have owned a Lennox dehumidification system (Humiditrol) since 2009. It is designed to return heat to the home in cooling mode to offer a dehumidification function. First of all, it does not work as promised. Not enough heat is returned, so that the unit lowers the temperature in the home quickly below the thermostat setting and then cuts out. Secondly, the unit costs $1800 and has only one serviceable part which costs under $1400. Of course, that part broke and the installer advised me to leave it broken or buy a completely new unit. I contacted Lennox, but they were not interested in working with me to resolve this issue. Needless to say, I will not purchase any Lennox equipment in the future.

Date created: 2015-01-15 Name: D. Weissguy
Location: Dallas, TX

"It's likely your contractor!"
Read all of these reviews very carefully. There is a common thread that runs amok in all manufacturers' reviews alike - the contractors and the home builders. You should spend a lot more time scrutinizing the contractor that you hire than the brand of equipment you choose. When I read reviews across the web, it is clear that 70% or more of the complaints floating around are directly associated with contractor error(s). If the equipment (any brand) is installed wrong, you are almost guaranteed to have issues with it. Do a search for the contractor's physical address. You'll be alarmed at how many work out of their homes or apartments. Many have few or no employees, let alone inventory and know-how. Do they have worker's compensation insurance? If not, you may be at risk if they got hurt on your property. Good contractors have licenses, insurance, employees, a physical address that is obviously a business and a long standing relationship with a reputable manufacturer. As for home builders, they have one interest - selling houses. Granite, trim, cabinets and hardwoods are their primary interests, because that's what sell homes. The mechanical side (HVAC/Electrical/Plumbing) of the home is typically vomitous and offensive, because the builder left nothing in the budget for that. After all, you can't see it, so just throw it in as cheaply as possible and make it work. Homebuilders budget approximately 50% of what they should for proper hvac in their new homes. Custom homes are typically worse than the track homes. Don't think that just because your home is being built "custom", just for you, that it's going to be right. That's how it is in Texas anyway. With all that being said, I can speak from my own experience with Lennox (20 years personally/50 years where I work). Lennox is a quality company with quality people and quality equipment. For me, the people are the most important part of the equation. Good people deliver good support and customer service and Lennox has always been among the best. As far as failure rates go, we have fewer failures with Lennox that any other brand that we service and we work on all brands. That's largely due to the fact that we installed most or all of the Lennox systems that we service. We actually read the installation instructions (no joking) and get the training necessary to deliver a trouble- free installation. What a difference that makes. I know that sounds silly but it's the absolute truth. Research the contractor, not the brand. If you go with the "low price leader" contractor, I wish you the best of luck. Lennox is a fine company with fine equipment. The same can be said for other manufacturers as well. If your contractor is not up to speed, you and your equipment will suffer.

Date created: 2014-12-25 Name: C. Perez
Location: Leesburg, FL

"Worst unit I have ever purchased"
This is the worst air conditioner I have ever seen on the market. Not even a month after it was installed, the unit started having problems. The service people charged for every visit to do repairs. The guarantee does not exist. After two years of continuous repairs, I need to buy another A/C system. This is unbelievable.

Date created: 2014-11-24 Name: A Greer
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Don't buy Lennox"
Purchased the unit new on 9/23/14 and have had nothing but issues. 3 days after the installation, I called for service because my house filled with smoke. 3 months later, the unit was not cooling; the tech came out 4 times to repair the unit. The unit required replacement of the pressure switch, thermostat, and all the new duct work. Now it is November, and the heating worked for a few days and then started blowing cold air. I called for service, and the pressure switch had to be replaced again. I was told it was a manufacturing defect. I had a Rudd that lasted 15 years without any problems. I will never buy a Lennox again.

Date created: 2014-09-28 Name: Kevin Sims
Location: Englewood, CO

"Cooper heating and cooling"
During the installation of the air conditioner, they were very professional and helpful and answered all questions. I liked where they put our unit in the backyard. Very happy with the unit so far.

Date created: 2014-09-03 Name: barbara brinlee
Location: Oklahoma City

"Compressor failed after less 2 years of purchase."
First Time air heating and air states it will cost nine hundred dollars for repair. Wow. My last system lasted years and repairs were not that costly. I cannot afford that kind of upkeep. First Time has not been helpful in any way of resolving my problem.

Date created: 2014-07-23 Name: Dan Dickerson
Location: st. Charles, Mo.63303

"7 years old and over $1000.00 repair"
I do not know the Lennox model, But I bought at the time 7 years ago the 2nd most efficient one they had, so it wasn't cheap. Here it is 7 years later and my a/c guy tells me he is sorry, but the parts were going to be over $1000.00 to fix. (Only 5 year warranty.) He told me he quit selling Lennox a few years ago because of all the problems!!! I tried to call Lennox to complain, but of course after 45 minutes on the phone twice I gave up. I will never buy another Lennox and will tell everyone I know to do the same!!!!

Date created: 2014-06-01 Name: M. Walberg
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

"Bad Experience with Lennox"
Have a newer home built in 2006, system is 8 yrs old last month. Decided to replace condensor coil in April due to leak in hopes that the condenser had at least a few more years of life into it. Well, that was a giant mistake, its May 31, and now I have a dead condensor/compressor and that needs to be replaced. I have a 5 ton r-22 system, not sure the model. I am spending $500 more to do this and quite frankly would never buy a lennox again. This unit was serviced regularly, so what did I waste that money for? Read the reviews of Lennox, they are overwhemingly disappointing. My advice is to go a different direction.......and for a side note, I notice Costco aligns themselves with dealers who sell Lennox, that is a huge mistake Costco

Date created: 2014-05-31 Name: amandasmith000
Location: atlanta, ga

"I'll never buy another Lennox product again."
Faulty coil caused leak on system less than 4 years old. Although it is still under warranty, Lennox will not cover the 900$ to repair. They implied that if I had gotten preventative maintenance that I wouldn't have had the leak. They refuse to accept responsibility for inferior product. Just Google or go to the BBB and you will see hundreds of customers complaining of this same issue. There are a couple of class action lawsuits in this as well, so certainly they are aware of the problem. This company's phrase is "We stand behind our products" but that's simply not true. They refuse to help. I'll never buy another Lennox product again.

Date created: 2014-05-06 Name: Howard Philips
Location: Orange Park, FL

"Ripped Off"
From the start this unit was insufficient to keep my house cool. Numerous complaints and service calls resulted only in me paying for service calls and hearing: "When it gets hot the unit isn't designed to keep up". I don't know if it is the air engineers or Lennox - but I am ripped off. I cannot recommend either of these!!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>