Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-09-28 Name: Kevin Sims
Location: Englewood, CO

"Cooper heating and cooling"
During the installation of the air conditioner, they were very professional and helpful and answered all questions. I liked where they put our unit in the backyard. Very happy with the unit so far.

Date created: 2014-09-03 Name: barbara brinlee
Location: Oklahoma City

"Compressor failed after less 2 years of purchase."
First Time air heating and air states it will cost nine hundred dollars for repair. Wow. My last system lasted years and repairs were not that costly. I cannot afford that kind of upkeep. First Time has not been helpful in any way of resolving my problem.

Date created: 2014-07-23 Name: Dan Dickerson
Location: st. Charles, Mo.63303

"7 years old and over $1000.00 repair"
I do not know the Lennox model, But I bought at the time 7 years ago the 2nd most efficient one they had, so it wasn't cheap. Here it is 7 years later and my a/c guy tells me he is sorry, but the parts were going to be over $1000.00 to fix. (Only 5 year warranty.) He told me he quit selling Lennox a few years ago because of all the problems!!! I tried to call Lennox to complain, but of course after 45 minutes on the phone twice I gave up. I will never buy another Lennox and will tell everyone I know to do the same!!!!

Date created: 2014-06-01 Name: M. Walberg
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

"Bad Experience with Lennox"
Have a newer home built in 2006, system is 8 yrs old last month. Decided to replace condensor coil in April due to leak in hopes that the condenser had at least a few more years of life into it. Well, that was a giant mistake, its May 31, and now I have a dead condensor/compressor and that needs to be replaced. I have a 5 ton r-22 system, not sure the model. I am spending $500 more to do this and quite frankly would never buy a lennox again. This unit was serviced regularly, so what did I waste that money for? Read the reviews of Lennox, they are overwhemingly disappointing. My advice is to go a different direction.......and for a side note, I notice Costco aligns themselves with dealers who sell Lennox, that is a huge mistake Costco

Date created: 2014-05-31 Name: amandasmith000
Location: atlanta, ga

"I'll never buy another Lennox product again."
Faulty coil caused leak on system less than 4 years old. Although it is still under warranty, Lennox will not cover the 900$ to repair. They implied that if I had gotten preventative maintenance that I wouldn't have had the leak. They refuse to accept responsibility for inferior product. Just Google or go to the BBB and you will see hundreds of customers complaining of this same issue. There are a couple of class action lawsuits in this as well, so certainly they are aware of the problem. This company's phrase is "We stand behind our products" but that's simply not true. They refuse to help. I'll never buy another Lennox product again.

Date created: 2014-05-06 Name: Howard Philips
Location: Orange Park, FL

"Ripped Off"
From the start this unit was insufficient to keep my house cool. Numerous complaints and service calls resulted only in me paying for service calls and hearing: "When it gets hot the unit isn't designed to keep up". I don't know if it is the air engineers or Lennox - but I am ripped off. I cannot recommend either of these!!

Date created: 2013-12-28 Name: Scott Stone
Location: Orlando, FL

"Lennox Merit 14HPX"
Lennox info needs serious updating - lots has changed. Replaced my 13 year old Trane 3.5 ton split system with the Lennox Merit 14hpx Heat Pump and Elite Air Handler taking it to 15.5 seer which definitely qualifies for Fed Tax Credit. Met with and got several bids, most smaller companies pushed Goodman & Amana. Btw, Lennox Merit does come with 10 year warranty on parts & compressor, not 5 as incorrectly noted elsewhere. Put it this way, the installer with 12 yrs experience and no brand commission (company I chose sells all) that Lennox was a much better choice than Goodman or Amana, they also liked Trane and Rheem. I paid $4891 including all new copper & drain lines, and a new box, got a great deal it being Dec in fl. Too early to say much on durability but very happy already with noise etc.

Date created: 2013-12-05 Name: kathleen adams

"Need to look"
I have owned my unit since 2002 and every year I have had a part replaced.Never fails -- right as it gets cold it shuts down. I most definitely don't recommend a Lennox Unit. I was not satisfied from the day I bought it. 2 months of buying it the motor was replaced.These units are not worth the $6,000.00 I paid. Forget about them doing anything because they don't care.

Date created: 2013-12-04 Name: Brenda Benner
Location: Gatesville, Tx

"Very Happy with my Lennox"
I am very happy with my Lennox heat & air unit. After spending 15 years trying to get a unit that would work right in my home I finally bought a Lennox from Schuman's Heat & Air in Gatesville, TX & finally have a unit that works properly for my home. Also their service was outstanding. I am 1 very happy customer!!!

Date created: 2013-08-08 Name: R. Ackerman
Location: So. Plainfield NJ

"Lemon AC System"
I replaced a 19 year old Whirlpool unit that was working and only needed a recharge once. I was sold on a Lennox brand because of their reputation. The unit is 6 years old. So far, I've had an electrical problem that required replacement parts, then the condenser fan motor burned out and now the coil needs to be replaced. The warranty on the coil was for only 5 years. The replacement cost is $1700.00. When Lennox was contacted, they advised there was nothing they could or would do since the warranty was up to five years. I will never recommend Lennox to anyone. They don't stand by their product and the quality of their product is horrible. They do a good job on marketing but are very poor when it comes to manufacturing and customer service.