Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-11-06 Name: K. Thomas
Location: Camp Verde, AZ

"Loud oscillating rumble"
This roof package unit was installed in late August, 2015 and has been a problem from day one due to its deep pulsating oscillating rumble. It vibrates pictures on the walls, or a ladder leaning up against the house (1460 square foot house). The thought of having to endure this noise and inner ear disturbance for the next twelve years, winter and summer, is unbearable! You cannot sit anywhere outside the house without being disturbed by it, and you can also hear it from down the street. Lennox Corp. feigns concern, but to date has not been at all helpful; the local dealer has been paid their $10,960.00 so it is of no concern to them .

Date created: 2015-09-14 Name: L. Gustafson
Location: Winter Garden, FL

"Very unhappy"
I bought a brand-new house from Lennar. It had a Lennox furnace. I had problems from the beginning. Just found out that I need the evaporator coil replaced. Lennox will give me the coil but I need to pay for the labor. The labor will be around $1000. It is just shy of two years of owning the furnace. The coil should last longer than that. There are multiple leaks in the coil. I will never buy nor recommend a Lennox furnace. I called the company with my complaint and was told there was nothing they could do. I told them I thought this was an inferior product.

Date created: 2015-08-05 Name: Winston
Location: Raleigh, NC

"Coompletely failed to function after 4 years"
The unit, recommended & installed by Weather Master of Knightdale, North Carolina, completely shut down only after 4 years of service. My previous one by Trane worked for 22 years (1989-2011) without any problems.

Date created: 2015-07-20 Name: Peggy fDykes
Location: Lawton, OK

"It's been a hot weekend in my house!"
We had our unit installed less than 4 years ago. We have maintained preventive maintenance and have enjoyed our cool house until Friday! The company who installed our unit sent a young technician out for a simple filter system change and cleaning of the outside unit. After he left, the unit never worked again! Now I know this may sound like a technician problem, however, we bought our unit because of the Lennox name and reputation for quality. What we are hearing is that they can't find the parts to fix it. In the meantime, we are confined to the bedroom of our home with an upright portable unit. The rest of the house is 86 degrees. We are very unhappy with the lack of service after the sale.

Date created: 2015-07-05 Name: s. Cranston
Location: Newton, KS

"Serial #5169M11254, it's about 20/30 years old, it was well worth whatever they paid for it."
Model # illegible. It's that old good luck finding one that will make it 20/30 years. Keep 3 things in mind: 1. Size matters; 2. Get one that Energy Saver gives your state or city a rebate for saving energy; 3. Take care of the central air unit - change filters often, (1) time a month, clean the compressor and cover it in the winter! A little preventative maintenance will make the unit last well past the warranty!

Date created: 2015-06-10 Name: JERRY
Location: Pearland, TX

"Disappointed homeowner"
We bought our house new about 8 years ago. When I saw that the builder was putting a Lennox AC unit in, I thought I was going to finally get a good unit, since I thought they were supposed to be top notch. Just had a repair guy out last night, which is the 3rd time in eight years, to have it fixed! Years ago the AC units would normally last about at least 15 years or so, now they are crap!

Date created: 2015-05-20 Name: Mike Barton
Location: Houston, TX

"Coil problems"
I built a house in June 2011 and it has 2 Lennox systems covering the home - one 5 ton unit and another 2.5 ton unit. The system was inspected in April 2015 and we were advised that both coils were leaking and would have to be replaced. The technician told us that the coils were copper and that they had had nothing but problems with these coils rusting and leaking. He said that Lennox recognized the problems and had redesigned the coils with aluminum rather than copper. The coils generally have a 5 year warranty so I was covered for the coils but the installation estimates ranged from 1500 to 3000 dollars to install. Unbelievable that an AC system won't last even 4 years.

Date created: 2015-05-01 Location: College Station, Tx

"Impressive AC Unit"
We purchased this air conditioner about one and a half year's ago. Our original AC with the home was not good and only lasted almost 5 years. We have been pleased with the energy savings we have noticed with this new unit. It only operates at 100% capacity on a rare occasion so it is nice and quiet at the lower settings providing cool air for our home. We live in central Texas so the summer time can be pretty hot and humid and this new unit has been amazing. We also have enjoyed the digital thermostat that came with it. It is really easy to use and it is fun to customize with pictures of our family. Our neighbors have commented on how quiet the outside unit is when it is on, especially compared to our previous unit. We have not had to repair this unit yet which is nice. The company that installed it comes out two times a year for free maintenance as well which is a really nice benefit for us.

Date created: 2015-04-06 Name: Robert Fischer
Location: Florida

"Garbage!"
My Lennox a/c unit is five years old. The air handler is in the best possible location, it's in a large closet that is air conditioned. Well, year three the fusible link that should blow when there is an electrical problem, which there wasn't, didn't and it went up in flames, filling two rooms with smoke. The $2.00 link and wiring harness was covered by the warranty, I ate the $400.00 labor charge to install it. This is now year five, 2015. The evaporator coil failed, which is under warranty. Guess who's eating a $600.00 labor charge. I have two units that are serviced twice a year with my maintenance contract, $250.00 to service both units. I've called the Lennox people to complain with no success.

Date created: 2015-02-11 Name: Henk Haitjema
Location: Bloomington, IN

"Lennox Humiditrol unit"
I have owned a Lennox dehumidification system (Humiditrol) since 2009. It is designed to return heat to the home in cooling mode to offer a dehumidification function. First of all, it does not work as promised. Not enough heat is returned, so that the unit lowers the temperature in the home quickly below the thermostat setting and then cuts out. Secondly, the unit costs $1800 and has only one serviceable part which costs under $1400. Of course, that part broke and the installer advised me to leave it broken or buy a completely new unit. I contacted Lennox, but they were not interested in working with me to resolve this issue. Needless to say, I will not purchase any Lennox equipment in the future.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>