Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: P.L.

"29 years and still going in Oklahoma"
Bought our home new in 1979 and it came with the Lennox A/C and gas heat. We never had maintenance done, but did use the water hose to clean out leaves and dirt a few times over the years. We are not good at replacing filters, sometimes not replacing over the entire summer season, and we have indoor pets. After 15 years, we had a small leak which was repaired for very little cost. Since then, we've had Freon added a few times, and this year after a severe ice storm, we had to have a repairman out which cost around $260. Total cost on this unit hasn't reached $600 in 29 years! The furnace has never had any repair work done at all! However, we've begun looking for new A/C heating because we've heard how great and cost effective new units are. After reading the reviews, we'll stick with our old Lennox, even if our electric and heating bills are a bit higher than our neighbors with their new units. It will take some outrageous bills to equal the $8,000 average price they have paid for their new units only to have repair costs after a short time.

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: David Elias
Location: Bethlehem, PA

"Lennox Central Air Unit"
We built a new home and the builder (Deluca Homes) installed a Lennox A/C unit. Our fist day of hot weather came so we turned the unit on and it failed to cool the house. The builder had a service tech come out an diagnose the problem. The compressor needed to be replaced! What kind of junk is Lennox pushing on people. Based on other reviews and this experience, I would advice anyone not to buy a Lennox unit. What a piece of junk.

Date created: 2008-06-06 Name: Cheryl

"Lennon Air Conditioner"
I am being nickel’d to death with the cost of replacement parts. First $500, then another $500 and now I am told I need to spend another $500 to repair the unit....all in less than a month. I should have just bought another system. I am very disappointed in the service and in the short time I have had the unit. I keep my thermostat high so it has not been overused.

Date created: 2006-09-06 Name: Craig
Location: Los Angeles, CA

With a warantee of five yars, my compressor died after only three years. So I am very disatisfied with the quality of the product, but the reason why I give them such a bad review is because I spent hours securing a replacement part--and shipping was not part of the warantee. Horrible customer service. Would not wish this experience on my enemies, a sad but true evaluation. If you look at the BBB website, you'll see many complaints against this company; I am not the only one. Don't buy anything from Lennox--and don't trust a HVAC contractor that promotes their product.