Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-06-14 Name: David H

"Could be better, Could be worse"
This is the original unit that was installed it the house when we built it in 1999. No choice, that's what the builder picked. In general, it works well. We have a 2,567 sq.ft 1 story and the Lennox is a 5 ton, 12 seer unit. We had a condensor replaced for about $150 after 3 years in the house. The temperature sensor in the furnace had built up and would not fire the furnace 2 winters ago. We had Mr. Cool of Plano come out and they repaired it for $80. I replace a burned out fan motor last winter for about $130 myself. On Friday, I had Mr.Cool come out again to check the system. It was 3 lbs low on R22. The service call was $165. It was hot and humid yesterday, the unit wasn't cooling great and ran constantly. They came out again today and checked it out again. It has a refrigerant leak in the evaporator coil and they recommend at least replacing it. I'm still reviewing brands and getting quotes. We'll see.

Date created: 2009-06-09 Name: K. Ruley

"Our system is a lemon"
We built a house and closed on it in Nov. 2006. We have had nothing but trouble with this unit. We have a heat pump and ac unit. In the past 4 months we have had three major repairs on this unit that is only a couple years old. We have had to have the outdoor motor replaced, a leaky service valve replaced and now the motor in the inside unit is out. It's 85 degrees where we are and we can't use our ac. We've tried to contact Lennox about their system but they want us to go to ta Kaiser who installed the unit. All ta Kaiser wants to do is charge us money. The parts are warranted but ta Kaiser wants to charge us an arm, leg and our first born child to repair a unit that is a lemon. This is absolutely ridiculous. Horrible business practices. Highly recommend you run from buying a Lennox unit.

Date created: 2009-05-19 Name: Dede

"Happy"
My house was built in 1959 and that is when my Lennox a/c was installed. It just quit working this month and I have to replace the poor thing. My bills have not been expensive and I really hate shopping around for a new a/C. I am looking for a new Lennox for sure

Date created: 2009-05-05 Name: T. Mason

"Nightmare!"
Our Lennox ac is only 4 years old yet we have spent over $1200 in repairs in the last 3 years getting this piece of junk to work. It seems like every summer something else goes wrong with it. We are really disappointed considering what we spent on this system that was sold to us as a "premere" ac. Nothing but a piece of junk! Even when it does run, it's very noisy and cannot keep our home cool when it's over 90 degrees outside. Don't throw away your money on a Lennox.....they should rename it "Lemmon", because that's exactly what we got!

Date created: 2009-04-26 Name: LENNOX

"Bad smell"
We had a new Lenox heating and cooling system installed 11 months ago. When we first used the air conditioning it blew air that smells like vomit. How nice is that? I am afraid it is somthing that will make us sick. a service man came and checked and said there was nothing wrong. We have not used the air since last Sept. and all winter the heating was fine and no smell. We turned on the air yesterday, 4-25-09 and the same horrible vomit smell is gushing out. If we don't have this taken care of we are going to court. This was an expenseive unit.

Date created: 2009-04-17 Name: LENNOX

"Beatrice"
System noisy and undersized. Dealer will not admit own error or give any credit towards a larger unit. Sold and installed wrong furnace at same time. Lennox no help at all. Never buy lennox. Dealer sold wrong equipment and we are stuck with replacement of brand new equipment.

Date created: 2009-02-12 Name: Eric Wright
Location: Newark, Ohio

"Eric"
The whole neighborhood is 35-40 years old and had Lennox equipment in it and the dealer is still in business and everyone I know will continue to use this company and stick with Lennox. Some have tried Armstrong, Goodman or Trane with regrets. Luikart knows what they are doing.

Date created: 2009-01-12 Name: K. Blackburn
Location: Garland, TX

"Lennox 1965 Unit"
I have the original Lennox Air - Heat Unit in my house. I have lived there 17 years and only have had to have it serviced a couple of times with minor problems. I would say that in the 60's, this unit was built to last. I am very happy with my Lennox. I have very small electric bills year round. Hats off to the older units.

Date created: 2008-11-18 Name: N.Ray
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Never Again"
I actually owned the unit just barely a year, as in no more then 13 months. We bough a new house, and the next year the A/C broke, and leaked all our coolant. Turns out there's a copper tube that is supposed to have space around it. Well, it didn't, rubbed against the drier filter, and wore a hole through it. After speaking with the A/C tech, as well as several others, it's clearly a manufacturing defect. These things happen, but apparently not to Lennox who refused to even consider it was their fault, insisted that it was the fault of the installer (despite the fact that's it highly unlikely it would have ben noticed), and denied any reimbursement to us (it cost us approx $650 to fix the hole, and replace the coolant). I contacted a local new station, and Lennox wouldn't budge for them. I contacted the BBB, and still nothing. I am resigned to the fact that I will never be reimbursed for this, yet determined to make sure everyone possible knows how horrible the customer service is. For that reason I will never buy a Lennox again. No matter how great their AC units might be, it is not worth the hassle, and the lack of any regard for the customer if/when something does go wrong.

Date created: 2008-10-25 Name: Lisa
Location: Arkansas

"Will never have another"
We have had our unit for 3 years and every summer and winter we have a $300-$400 service call. It is always something different. I am so sick of this unit that we are debating on getting a new one very soon. I will never buy a Lennox unit again and I would advise anyone to never have one in their home....oh yeah everything that has had to be replaced has not been covered under the warranty.