Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-05-05 Name: T. Mason

"Nightmare!"
Our Lennox ac is only 4 years old yet we have spent over $1200 in repairs in the last 3 years getting this piece of junk to work. It seems like every summer something else goes wrong with it. We are really disappointed considering what we spent on this system that was sold to us as a "premere" ac. Nothing but a piece of junk! Even when it does run, it's very noisy and cannot keep our home cool when it's over 90 degrees outside. Don't throw away your money on a Lennox.....they should rename it "Lemmon", because that's exactly what we got!

Date created: 2009-04-26 Name: LENNOX

"Bad smell"
We had a new Lenox heating and cooling system installed 11 months ago. When we first used the air conditioning it blew air that smells like vomit. How nice is that? I am afraid it is somthing that will make us sick. a service man came and checked and said there was nothing wrong. We have not used the air since last Sept. and all winter the heating was fine and no smell. We turned on the air yesterday, 4-25-09 and the same horrible vomit smell is gushing out. If we don't have this taken care of we are going to court. This was an expenseive unit.

Date created: 2009-04-17 Name: LENNOX

"Beatrice"
System noisy and undersized. Dealer will not admit own error or give any credit towards a larger unit. Sold and installed wrong furnace at same time. Lennox no help at all. Never buy lennox. Dealer sold wrong equipment and we are stuck with replacement of brand new equipment.

Date created: 2009-02-12 Name: Eric Wright
Location: Newark, Ohio

"Eric"
The whole neighborhood is 35-40 years old and had Lennox equipment in it and the dealer is still in business and everyone I know will continue to use this company and stick with Lennox. Some have tried Armstrong, Goodman or Trane with regrets. Luikart knows what they are doing.

Date created: 2009-01-12 Name: K. Blackburn
Location: Garland, TX

"Lennox 1965 Unit"
I have the original Lennox Air - Heat Unit in my house. I have lived there 17 years and only have had to have it serviced a couple of times with minor problems. I would say that in the 60's, this unit was built to last. I am very happy with my Lennox. I have very small electric bills year round. Hats off to the older units.

Date created: 2008-11-18 Name: N.Ray
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Never Again"
I actually owned the unit just barely a year, as in no more then 13 months. We bough a new house, and the next year the A/C broke, and leaked all our coolant. Turns out there's a copper tube that is supposed to have space around it. Well, it didn't, rubbed against the drier filter, and wore a hole through it. After speaking with the A/C tech, as well as several others, it's clearly a manufacturing defect. These things happen, but apparently not to Lennox who refused to even consider it was their fault, insisted that it was the fault of the installer (despite the fact that's it highly unlikely it would have ben noticed), and denied any reimbursement to us (it cost us approx $650 to fix the hole, and replace the coolant). I contacted a local new station, and Lennox wouldn't budge for them. I contacted the BBB, and still nothing. I am resigned to the fact that I will never be reimbursed for this, yet determined to make sure everyone possible knows how horrible the customer service is. For that reason I will never buy a Lennox again. No matter how great their AC units might be, it is not worth the hassle, and the lack of any regard for the customer if/when something does go wrong.

Date created: 2008-10-25 Name: Lisa
Location: Arkansas

"Will never have another"
We have had our unit for 3 years and every summer and winter we have a $300-$400 service call. It is always something different. I am so sick of this unit that we are debating on getting a new one very soon. I will never buy a Lennox unit again and I would advise anyone to never have one in their home....oh yeah everything that has had to be replaced has not been covered under the warranty.

Date created: 2008-10-20 Name: Dan Moll

"Never seems to die"
My lennox air conditioner was installed in the summer of 1977. For the first 20 years we had a service policy from the installer, Prudential in Louisville, Ky. They serviced it every year in accordance with the contract. I did not renew in 1999 because of its age. Well, Itís 2008 and this darned thing seems to out to want live me. It's incredible! I shudder everytime the thing starts because oh.... it's gonna blow. But it keeps going and going like the energizer bunny and is as quiet today as the day it was installed. Remarkable.... thats all I can say

Date created: 2008-09-10 Name: M. Ross
Location: DFW, Texas

"No problems"
Our home came with Lennox equipment when built - 2 3.5 ton units and one 2.5 ton (for the upstairs). The only service I've had to do on them was to top off the freon during the 2nd summer of use. The service guy told me (and showed me) that the units were apparently not filled completely when installed. He put in the recommended amount of refrigerant and all has been perfect ever since. I've had FAR less trouble with these units than the Carrier/Day & Night units at my previous house, which had to serviced and freon added every single year (to the tune of $300 or more). I would recommend Lennox to anyone.

Date created: 2008-09-10 Name: Greg Mason
Location: Carnesville, GA

"Lennox poor quality"
A Lennox unit was installed by my builder in Jan 04 and within a year had to have a freon charge, the next year another charge was required. This year had a "surprise" another charge, then the outside unit cooling fan gave out. Not covered by Lennox. What a piece of crap. I am going to replace this nightmare and it will not be a Lennox.