Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-06-22 Name: Crawford

"NOT VERY HAPPY"
I have had my a/c and heat all replaced in April of '08 and already have had the compressor go out on me and just today have had who knows what wrong with it. It's leaking some kind of oil out of the unit outside and we have kids with asthma......and it's 90 degrees out. I agree with a majority of everyones reviews....it's a lemmon instead of a lennox.

Date created: 2009-06-19 Name: RITA

"LENNOX-NEVER AGAIN"
I purchased an ac/furnace in july 2006 and since then a switch has to be replaced, the mother board and just this week the fan motor locked up. all I can say is they don't build the like they use to....live and learn...should have gone with the rheem....

Date created: 2009-06-18 Name: Martin

"Lennox garbage"
I bought a 4 ton Lennox air conditioner last year from Arpi's industries. I paid extra for the higher end unit that is more enrgy efficieant. I now know why it uses less energy, it doesn't work. I went to turn it on the first hot day of this year and nothing, I then called Arpis and they informed me that I'd have to wait 2 weeks for a service person and that since it had been 1 year and 2 weeks that the unit was not warrantied. The tech came over found the problem and said he'd have to order the part, a week went by with no updates so I called and they found out the part is in and that I get to wait for 3 weeks to have it installed. Summer is short here so I may get a chance to use it in the fall. I'm having similar issues with the Lennox furnace I had installed 3 years ago.

Date created: 2009-06-14 Name: Gary

"4-Ton AC Unit"
Installed a new 4-Ton, seer 15 rated unit in 2006. The coil in the air handler went bad in the first year and they had to replace it under warranty. Every Spring, the system seems to be low on freon, so not very well made. Would never buy a Lennox system again....very expensive and not very reliable...you are better of with a Carrier or Rheem for far less money.

Date created: 2009-06-14 Name: David H

"Could be better, Could be worse"
This is the original unit that was installed it the house when we built it in 1999. No choice, that's what the builder picked. In general, it works well. We have a 2,567 sq.ft 1 story and the Lennox is a 5 ton, 12 seer unit. We had a condensor replaced for about $150 after 3 years in the house. The temperature sensor in the furnace had built up and would not fire the furnace 2 winters ago. We had Mr. Cool of Plano come out and they repaired it for $80. I replace a burned out fan motor last winter for about $130 myself. On Friday, I had Mr.Cool come out again to check the system. It was 3 lbs low on R22. The service call was $165. It was hot and humid yesterday, the unit wasn't cooling great and ran constantly. They came out again today and checked it out again. It has a refrigerant leak in the evaporator coil and they recommend at least replacing it. I'm still reviewing brands and getting quotes. We'll see.

Date created: 2009-06-09 Name: K. Ruley

"Our system is a lemon"
We built a house and closed on it in Nov. 2006. We have had nothing but trouble with this unit. We have a heat pump and ac unit. In the past 4 months we have had three major repairs on this unit that is only a couple years old. We have had to have the outdoor motor replaced, a leaky service valve replaced and now the motor in the inside unit is out. It's 85 degrees where we are and we can't use our ac. We've tried to contact Lennox about their system but they want us to go to ta Kaiser who installed the unit. All ta Kaiser wants to do is charge us money. The parts are warranted but ta Kaiser wants to charge us an arm, leg and our first born child to repair a unit that is a lemon. This is absolutely ridiculous. Horrible business practices. Highly recommend you run from buying a Lennox unit.

Date created: 2009-05-19 Name: Dede

"Happy"
My house was built in 1959 and that is when my Lennox a/c was installed. It just quit working this month and I have to replace the poor thing. My bills have not been expensive and I really hate shopping around for a new a/C. I am looking for a new Lennox for sure

Date created: 2009-05-05 Name: T. Mason

"Nightmare!"
Our Lennox ac is only 4 years old yet we have spent over $1200 in repairs in the last 3 years getting this piece of junk to work. It seems like every summer something else goes wrong with it. We are really disappointed considering what we spent on this system that was sold to us as a "premere" ac. Nothing but a piece of junk! Even when it does run, it's very noisy and cannot keep our home cool when it's over 90 degrees outside. Don't throw away your money on a Lennox.....they should rename it "Lemmon", because that's exactly what we got!

Date created: 2009-04-26 Name: LENNOX

"Bad smell"
We had a new Lenox heating and cooling system installed 11 months ago. When we first used the air conditioning it blew air that smells like vomit. How nice is that? I am afraid it is somthing that will make us sick. a service man came and checked and said there was nothing wrong. We have not used the air since last Sept. and all winter the heating was fine and no smell. We turned on the air yesterday, 4-25-09 and the same horrible vomit smell is gushing out. If we don't have this taken care of we are going to court. This was an expenseive unit.

Date created: 2009-04-17 Name: LENNOX

"Beatrice"
System noisy and undersized. Dealer will not admit own error or give any credit towards a larger unit. Sold and installed wrong furnace at same time. Lennox no help at all. Never buy lennox. Dealer sold wrong equipment and we are stuck with replacement of brand new equipment.