Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2009-08-12 Name: Cindy

"Very satisfied"
Our house was built in 1990 and once the ac is turned on in early June, we don't turn it off until late Sept, so it's been getting alot of use for 19 years. We've had 3 service calls in 19 years time to top off the freon one of which was today. The Lennox furnace was replaced after 16 years and so far we've had no problems with the furnace. We are extremely satisfied but based on the reviews I've read, I question if the newer models will last as long.

Date created: 2009-08-08 Name: K. Ducharme

"Lennox =POOR QUALITY PRODUCT"
Like many others, I moved into a newly built home that had a Lennox ac. We have had the repair guy out here at 5 times within that year and 1 month after our warranty expired he tells us we need a new coil that will cost approximately $900.00. I would never recommend Lennox to anyone.

Date created: 2009-07-30 Name: Jerry Gladson

"Homeowner"
I have just received word that the compressor has failed in my 7-year- old Lennox Elite 11 unit! This unit has caused trouble ever since installation. At least 2-3 times per summer it breaks down. a/c people have told me that Lennox is not a quality unit; now I realize they are correct. I will never buy another Lennox.

Date created: 2009-07-23 Name: FC
Location: Summerlin, Las Vegas

"Class Action Lawsuit"
I live in Summerlin, Las Vegas, a very nice area. Every afternoon I walk the neighborhood and amazingly I hear the familiar loud sound of Lennox Ac's that were installed by the builder. At first I thought I was the only one who had had bad luck with the unit. As I talk to the other neighbors I find out that we are all in the same boat that Lennox has sailed. The house is 2 years old and we have spent days without cool air. Luckily I purchased home owner warranty when I bought the house against my wife's wish. Boy was I right. Fortunately so far the home warranty has paid for the repairs less $60.00 per visit. I am looking into interviewing lawyers regarding a class action lawsuit against Lennox.

Date created: 2009-07-08 Name: Mrs James

"Not Satisfied"
It seems that from this site the old Lennox equipment works well, but the newer units not so much. I have been in my Townhome 2.5 years. It was new when I purchased. Last week my unit motor stopped working. When I called Lennox they said that it was under warranty for 5 years. So I called my air conditioning expert. He come out to look at what needed to be done. He told me that I needed to replace the motor. The problem with the warranty he said was that in our area a lot of the distributors do not like to help with honoring the Lennox parts because Lennox takes to long to refund based on the warranty. In fact I had to pay for the repairs and the new parts in full and I will get a reimbursement sometime after the Lennox company send the repair company the reimbursement. THis could be several weeks. I will never buy another house with a Lennox.

Date created: 2009-07-06 Name: Tawnya H

"Lennmox not same quality as 20yrs ago"
We bought our home in the fall 05. Grand Homes our builder choose Lennox. Our home came with 1 Lennox 13acc 5 ton unit and one 3.5 ton unit for the upstairs. We have had to replace in the 5 ton unit first the capacitor, then 9 months later the compressor which automatically included the capacitor again, then the condensor coil leaked and evaporator coil leaked which cause the compressor to lock up. While Lennox come with manufacture warranty, you must still pay for the labor which totaled over 5 thousand dollars. We are now having our units changed to Carrier with a 10 yr warranty and 400.00 insurance plan for all labor over the next 10 year. Hard lesson learned.

Date created: 2009-07-04 Name: C Weisler

"Don't buy this brand"
Two of these 3 ton units came with the house. From the first year one unit always seemed to be on the verge of collapse. It never worked right and the service man was at our house so often I now ask how his wife and kids are by their names. Last week the compressor went out. Should I decide to fix it, it's a $1500.00 repair and the company will only warrant it for 3 months. If I decide to spend approximately $3000.00 on a new unit it won't be a Lennox. I thought these units were supposed to last twenty years.

Date created: 2009-06-30 Name: J. Thomas
Location: Tucson

"Lennox Sucks"
I bought this unit 11 years ago and have had to make a repair almost every one of those 11 years. I have it inspected twice a year but that didn't help because it seems to break down every summer. That is where I am now, another breakdown and it's 100 here in Tucson. I am thinking about replacing it because I am sick of worrying when it's going to break next. I will never recommend a Lennox and will never buy another one.

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: marion

"Lenox"
2 week old unit . dose not work , should hane kept old unit . was better then ne

Date created: 2009-06-22 Name: Crawford

"NOT VERY HAPPY"
I have had my a/c and heat all replaced in April of '08 and already have had the compressor go out on me and just today have had who knows what wrong with it. It's leaking some kind of oil out of the unit outside and we have kids with asthma......and it's 90 degrees out. I agree with a majority of everyones reviews....it's a lemmon instead of a lennox.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>