Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-07-23 Name: FC
Location: Summerlin, Las Vegas

"Class Action Lawsuit"
I live in Summerlin, Las Vegas, a very nice area. Every afternoon I walk the neighborhood and amazingly I hear the familiar loud sound of Lennox Ac's that were installed by the builder. At first I thought I was the only one who had had bad luck with the unit. As I talk to the other neighbors I find out that we are all in the same boat that Lennox has sailed. The house is 2 years old and we have spent days without cool air. Luckily I purchased home owner warranty when I bought the house against my wife's wish. Boy was I right. Fortunately so far the home warranty has paid for the repairs less $60.00 per visit. I am looking into interviewing lawyers regarding a class action lawsuit against Lennox.

Date created: 2009-07-08 Name: Mrs James

"Not Satisfied"
It seems that from this site the old Lennox equipment works well, but the newer units not so much. I have been in my Townhome 2.5 years. It was new when I purchased. Last week my unit motor stopped working. When I called Lennox they said that it was under warranty for 5 years. So I called my air conditioning expert. He come out to look at what needed to be done. He told me that I needed to replace the motor. The problem with the warranty he said was that in our area a lot of the distributors do not like to help with honoring the Lennox parts because Lennox takes to long to refund based on the warranty. In fact I had to pay for the repairs and the new parts in full and I will get a reimbursement sometime after the Lennox company send the repair company the reimbursement. THis could be several weeks. I will never buy another house with a Lennox.

Date created: 2009-07-06 Name: Tawnya H

"Lennmox not same quality as 20yrs ago"
We bought our home in the fall 05. Grand Homes our builder choose Lennox. Our home came with 1 Lennox 13acc 5 ton unit and one 3.5 ton unit for the upstairs. We have had to replace in the 5 ton unit first the capacitor, then 9 months later the compressor which automatically included the capacitor again, then the condensor coil leaked and evaporator coil leaked which cause the compressor to lock up. While Lennox come with manufacture warranty, you must still pay for the labor which totaled over 5 thousand dollars. We are now having our units changed to Carrier with a 10 yr warranty and 400.00 insurance plan for all labor over the next 10 year. Hard lesson learned.

Date created: 2009-07-04 Name: C Weisler

"Don't buy this brand"
Two of these 3 ton units came with the house. From the first year one unit always seemed to be on the verge of collapse. It never worked right and the service man was at our house so often I now ask how his wife and kids are by their names. Last week the compressor went out. Should I decide to fix it, it's a $1500.00 repair and the company will only warrant it for 3 months. If I decide to spend approximately $3000.00 on a new unit it won't be a Lennox. I thought these units were supposed to last twenty years.

Date created: 2009-06-30 Name: J. Thomas
Location: Tucson

"Lennox Sucks"
I bought this unit 11 years ago and have had to make a repair almost every one of those 11 years. I have it inspected twice a year but that didn't help because it seems to break down every summer. That is where I am now, another breakdown and it's 100 here in Tucson. I am thinking about replacing it because I am sick of worrying when it's going to break next. I will never recommend a Lennox and will never buy another one.

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: marion

"Lenox"
2 week old unit . dose not work , should hane kept old unit . was better then ne

Date created: 2009-06-22 Name: Crawford

"NOT VERY HAPPY"
I have had my a/c and heat all replaced in April of '08 and already have had the compressor go out on me and just today have had who knows what wrong with it. It's leaking some kind of oil out of the unit outside and we have kids with asthma......and it's 90 degrees out. I agree with a majority of everyones reviews....it's a lemmon instead of a lennox.

Date created: 2009-06-19 Name: RITA

"LENNOX-NEVER AGAIN"
I purchased an ac/furnace in july 2006 and since then a switch has to be replaced, the mother board and just this week the fan motor locked up. all I can say is they don't build the like they use to....live and learn...should have gone with the rheem....

Date created: 2009-06-18 Name: Martin

"Lennox garbage"
I bought a 4 ton Lennox air conditioner last year from Arpi's industries. I paid extra for the higher end unit that is more enrgy efficieant. I now know why it uses less energy, it doesn't work. I went to turn it on the first hot day of this year and nothing, I then called Arpis and they informed me that I'd have to wait 2 weeks for a service person and that since it had been 1 year and 2 weeks that the unit was not warrantied. The tech came over found the problem and said he'd have to order the part, a week went by with no updates so I called and they found out the part is in and that I get to wait for 3 weeks to have it installed. Summer is short here so I may get a chance to use it in the fall. I'm having similar issues with the Lennox furnace I had installed 3 years ago.

Date created: 2009-06-14 Name: Gary

"4-Ton AC Unit"
Installed a new 4-Ton, seer 15 rated unit in 2006. The coil in the air handler went bad in the first year and they had to replace it under warranty. Every Spring, the system seems to be low on freon, so not very well made. Would never buy a Lennox system again....very expensive and not very reliable...you are better of with a Carrier or Rheem for far less money.