Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-04-27 Name: Michael Derossett

"Compressor went out after 2.5 years! Buyer Beware!"
My air conditioner went out after 2.5 years and although the warranty covered the compressor, that's all you get and there is no support! I have tried repeatedly to speak to someone at the company, but they send me to voice mail and do not return calls. I will never buy any product from this company again! Buyer beware! They don't stand behind defective products!

Date created: 2010-04-27 Name: A.P.

"Lennox central ac"
Unit has never cooled correctly. Came with new house. Have already had compressor go out and all of my coolant replaced. Now, I have to pay 700 dollars in labor to replace compressor. Don't know whether to replace compressor or replace unit.

Date created: 2010-04-16 Name: Doug W.

"Should rename Lennox "LEMON"!"
I see I'm not alone here with major issues regarding Lennox AC units. Must be a very common problem for the coils to leak after awhile then the unit quits cooling. Lennox is no help whatsoever. They sell a product they claim is "premiere" but is nothing more than junk and they do not cover the warranty for coils leaks or the labor to have it repaired. Buyer beware! If you want to keep poring your $$$ into a bottomless money pit, then go ahead and buy a Lennox. Just don't say that you weren't warned!

Date created: 2010-04-16 Name: Tim Cunningham
Location: Denver, CO

"Horrible mistake"
I will forever regret buying a Lennox AC system. We purchased a 15 seer model about two years ago and have had nothing but headaches from day one. In less than 2 years of service, we've had the repair company out five times for various issues and this piece of junk still does not cool our house down. First, the coil leaked out, then a fan motor seized up only 2 months after it was installed. At the beginning of the next summer, the compressor went out and had to be replaced. Shortly after, all the gas again leaked out. I am warning you, no, make that imploring you, do not buy one of these worthless AC'S. We are in the process of trying to get our money back but having to pull teeth to even get Lennox to listen to our problems. Never again will we consdier this inferior product. Tim Cunningham, Denver CO

Date created: 2010-04-14 Name: W. McVadon

"Two systems worked well"
In 1994, we built this house with a 5 ton and a 1,5 ton Lennox. It is the deep south and we run these units 9 months or more a year. Yes, there were breakdowns, but nothing you could not expect or understand. I am replacing both with new Lennox because it's time. We'll see if the new can compare to the old. I got 16 Seer vs.12 in old one and two stage compressor (3.5 runs until full 5 is needed) and variable speed fan.

Date created: 2010-04-08 Name: Julie

"Very Unhappy with Lennox"
I thought that I was the only one that was unhappy with Lennox but reading all the reviews, I'm not alone. I had to pay $1500.00 for a bad coil and 2 service charges. My warranty just ran out when we had problems and of course I had to pay all of the charges. I wrote to Lennox and the response back was "that is why we offer extended warranties". But now with all of the other customers with the same problem, I think it's time to get the BBB involved. If Lennox has on going problems with the bad coils and from the reviews, it is a slow leak and doesn't show up for 2yrs then maybe there should be a recall. Someone needs to pressure them to cover these ongoing issues. I didn't spend 7000.00 to have problems. I would have kept my 20 year old unit that was working fine! It's time for Lennox to care about their customers.

Date created: 2010-02-10 Name: James

"Lennox sucks"
I have only had my house/unit for 2 years and right from the start it seemed not to cool very good. I had a service person out twice within the first year home warranty. The repair man told me nothing is/was wrong and everything is working great. I thought maybe it is just me. Lennox repair contractor came today to replace bad coils and informed me that the surs valve is faulty and it is leaking freon. I called Lennox and they informed me that I would have to pay to get it fixed. I should not have to pay for something that was faulty. This makes me very unhappy with Lennox and I will never buy any of their products again, but unfortunately I am stuck with this one for quit awhile. Beware!!!

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: Dale Alan

"Lennox AC"
The unit has been pretty much trouble-free except for a circuit board replacement and a bad Lennox thermostat. The pan is now leaking into the emergency pan in the attic. Why would a company make an AC with a metal pan that would rot out? We live in a world of stainless steel and plastic or fiberglass. It is stupid and gives the technician a reason to replace the whole unit, with all kinds of bs reasons. Replace the pan, it is $300 for a small pan and you can't just slide it out. Labor, at least another $300. Of all the problems that would be easy to eliminate, this pan would be at the top of the list using materials that do not rust out. This is a true sign of a poor product by a poor company. It eliminates any good feeling for the 15 years of pretty good service. Will I buy another Lennox? No way! Lennox

Date created: 2009-10-08 Name: Ann Mitchell

"Conspiracy Theory ?????"
My outside a/c unit blew exactly 1 month and 1 week after warranty expiration of 5 years. Prior to this, it has had service for two other mishaps. I am terribly disappointed in this company. Often products far outlive their warranty period - not just 5 weeks later.

Date created: 2009-08-23 Name: R BOWER

"HOME OWNER IN HOT FL KEYS"
My unit is a dual stage compressor unit with electric coil heat. it is still working even though the outdoor compressor unit aluminum parts around the copper tubing has corroded almost into nothing [white powder], I guess lennox ac's were built better back in 1985. over 28 years I have replaced a "compressor interlock", an "evaporator fan motor" and several "fan belts", and 2 electric heater "contactors" relays. last year the low capacity compressor stopped working, but the hi capacity still cools my home [ac runs mid may to mid oct, 93 day hi temp 82 night lo temp]. I am a diy electrical tech and do repairs myself. I am now trying to figure out what is wrong with the electrical parts. I will post later my findings. after reading all the previous review I would use trane or goodman if I replaced this lennox top of the line unit.