Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: Dennis Gaggini

"Lennox"
I have a Lennox furnace and air-conditioner that is now three years old. From day one the furnace shut down. After 10 or 15 service calls, I'm still not sure the furnace will work. On May 15, 2010, I found out that my complete AC system was broken. The entire system was contaminated by black oil, metal shavings. My unit has a five year warranty, covers parts not labor. The labor will be over $1500. In our condo plan, unit owners are already having multiple visits on their units. We were sold a pile of junk with a terrible warranty.

Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: Steve Davis

"Leaks refrigerant"
Has to be charged with r22 every even numbered year. Now in summer of 2010, I understand R22 is twice as expensive in 2010 as it was in 2008 when I had my last biennial refrigerant refill. Don't know if this is normal to have to charge every other year but most experts say they should never need refrigerant unless they leak??

Date created: 2010-05-29 Name: Raymn

"Great units but over priced"
Our Lenox ac and heater was installed in 1975 when our house was built. Great units but now replacing with Amana because of the price difference. Double is not always the best. If Lennox was comparable with other brands, we would not be switching.

Date created: 2010-05-28 Name: J. Gulecas

"Ours has been fine"
Our house has had a Lennox 10 seer unit for 15 years. No real problems until just lately (blown capacitor). Just getting old. Not too noisy. We are looking to replace with a new, more efficient unit.

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: M. James

"I have been burned by Lennox"
I replaced the builder installed AC (it was undersized) with a top of the line Lennox unit 9 years ago and have nothing but problems every year. It needed additional freon every year, from 1st year on and now it is out and technician said it is a problem they don't normally see for the condenser coil almost never leaks. They are working up a price but he said "it's the worst thing to go wrong on a unit" Yes, it's out of warranty, but I am calling Lennox corporate office and won't get off the phone until I talk with someone in authority. I will share with them, if they don't take care of it. I will use my influence on a job that I started in a month that will have a big impact on their commercial sales.

Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: W. Trybulski
Location: Orlando

"Mr"
My house has had a Lennox Central air conditioning installation since 1985. It was a 5 ton heat pump with variable speed on both the blower and the outside heat pump. 5 years ago, I needed to replace the blower and recently the exterior heat pump. Ever since the new products were installed, there have been continous problems; compressor blow outs, oil in the refrigerant, lack of availablity of a two speed heat pump and lack of parts to keep the installation working. My original very satisfied opinion is now---NEVER Lennox -it's an unsupported product in Orlando with shoddy installers and service techs.

Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: Steve Mitchell

"New home with Lennox 13 SEER"
Have paid for maintenance each year and have had no problems.

Date created: 2010-05-18 Name: Carl Schmidt

"Very Unhappy"
I see that I'm not alone here. Wished I had researched Lennox before wasting my money. Like an idiot, I just trusted the Lennox name and believed the bs the dealer fed me. Same issues as others; coil leaks (twice), bad compressor, noisy operation. Total junk!

Date created: 2010-05-05 Name: R. M. Hyllested

"Get it in writing"
Thought I had a deal with one of the Lennox people but they said that I misunderstood our phone conversation. They asked if I would be willing to agree to a certain deal and then said that no definite deal had been made. Will never deal with Lennox again because they are people who do not keep their word.

Date created: 2010-04-27 Name: Michael Derossett

"Compressor went out after 2.5 years! Buyer Beware!"
My air conditioner went out after 2.5 years and although the warranty covered the compressor, that's all you get and there is no support! I have tried repeatedly to speak to someone at the company, but they send me to voice mail and do not return calls. I will never buy any product from this company again! Buyer beware! They don't stand behind defective products!