Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: D.

"Awful system"
Lennox air conditioners are awful. Our entire town home community had Lennox air conditioning systems installed, and they have caused problems nonstop in most of the homes. My own home is 4 years old, and I have spent over $2000 on repairs already. Keep in mind that this money is in labor charges only, as the parts are under warranty. Now the condenser coil is leaking, and Lennox expects me to pay $1700 up front for the part and have me submit the warranty claim to get the money back afterwards. The bottom line is that Lennox manufactures ac units of terrible quality and do not cover labor costs on systems under warranty. I will probably have my entire unit replaced.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: Shame
Location: Northern California

"Lenox a/c, what a junk!"
Oh, for the second time, there is a leak! What is the point of having an a/c if you can't use it when you need it the most? We live in Northern Cal where we only need a/c all total of 2-3 months tops (from somewhere Mayish to Septemberish). Right before 3 year anniversary of having this installed, the compressor went out along with leakage. Got it fixed with the emergency service crew (with weekend extra charge!!) A year later, the summer is back and we turn the a/c and guess what? It's not working again!!!!! Have a repair guy looking at it as I'm writing this and he says there is leakage once again!! What a piece of junk! The local store we purchased and installed from recommended this saying, this was the top of the line. Top of the line my brick! Why does it take an hour to just drop one degree in the temperature of the house? (I'm only trying to keep the house in 72 degrees. It's not like I'm using to make my house a southpole or anything) I have no idea and how they can be called the energy efficient product! Never again. I should have read the review before purchasing this!! What was I thinking????

Date created: 2010-06-05 Name: D. Liss

"Lennox Problems"
I agree with the complaints. Our Lennox now has a significant refrigerant leak but the warranty does not cover the problem. Based on complaints here, this is a prevalent problem. The tech acknowledged that others have had the same issue with Lennox systems. Why hasn't Lennox made an effort to address this problem? Waste of money and lots of unhappy consumers.

Date created: 2010-06-03 Name: W. Lane

"Dissatisfied in Florida"
I have a commercial grade unit that was new in November 04. In March 2010, I had to replace the condensing coils. The unit was only 4 months out of warranty. Today, June 3, 2010, I am having the leaking coils repaired in the air handling unit. Even though the construction industry has collapsed, I have many connections and have every intention on letting them know what poor quality this product is and should not be installed in new homes.

Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: Dennis Gaggini

"Lennox"
I have a Lennox furnace and air-conditioner that is now three years old. From day one the furnace shut down. After 10 or 15 service calls, I'm still not sure the furnace will work. On May 15, 2010, I found out that my complete AC system was broken. The entire system was contaminated by black oil, metal shavings. My unit has a five year warranty, covers parts not labor. The labor will be over $1500. In our condo plan, unit owners are already having multiple visits on their units. We were sold a pile of junk with a terrible warranty.

Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: Steve Davis

"Leaks refrigerant"
Has to be charged with r22 every even numbered year. Now in summer of 2010, I understand R22 is twice as expensive in 2010 as it was in 2008 when I had my last biennial refrigerant refill. Don't know if this is normal to have to charge every other year but most experts say they should never need refrigerant unless they leak??

Date created: 2010-05-29 Name: Raymn

"Great units but over priced"
Our Lenox ac and heater was installed in 1975 when our house was built. Great units but now replacing with Amana because of the price difference. Double is not always the best. If Lennox was comparable with other brands, we would not be switching.

Date created: 2010-05-28 Name: J. Gulecas

"Ours has been fine"
Our house has had a Lennox 10 seer unit for 15 years. No real problems until just lately (blown capacitor). Just getting old. Not too noisy. We are looking to replace with a new, more efficient unit.

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: M. James

"I have been burned by Lennox"
I replaced the builder installed AC (it was undersized) with a top of the line Lennox unit 9 years ago and have nothing but problems every year. It needed additional freon every year, from 1st year on and now it is out and technician said it is a problem they don't normally see for the condenser coil almost never leaks. They are working up a price but he said "it's the worst thing to go wrong on a unit" Yes, it's out of warranty, but I am calling Lennox corporate office and won't get off the phone until I talk with someone in authority. I will share with them, if they don't take care of it. I will use my influence on a job that I started in a month that will have a big impact on their commercial sales.

Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: W. Trybulski
Location: Orlando

"Mr"
My house has had a Lennox Central air conditioning installation since 1985. It was a 5 ton heat pump with variable speed on both the blower and the outside heat pump. 5 years ago, I needed to replace the blower and recently the exterior heat pump. Ever since the new products were installed, there have been continous problems; compressor blow outs, oil in the refrigerant, lack of availablity of a two speed heat pump and lack of parts to keep the installation working. My original very satisfied opinion is now---NEVER Lennox -it's an unsupported product in Orlando with shoddy installers and service techs.