Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: Nick

"Wonderful proucts so quiet"
My house was built in 1990 and was installed with 2 Lennox 5 ton ac units and have worked great ever since but one failed last week but I really can't complain because it lasted for so long. Also, don't listen to the majority of these reviews because most of the people reviewing here just because they are mad that their piece of equipment failed. Not many people think about their ac if it has been working properly for many years and will not do any research on it. Take it from my experience and my family experience. They have never given us any problems. All together, my family has about 21 Lennox's. Also, if you need a really quiet ac, Lennox is the way to go. All you can hear is the fan, not that loud buzzing noise like you hear from other brands if it's under your windows etc.

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: Ann Lilly

"Poor quality equipment"
Our unit was installed by Drees Homes, our builder, in May of 2006. The compressor just went out after only four years of use! The worst part is that our model has been discontinued, and the replacement will take three weeks to manufacture. It's 100 degrees outside! Warranty will cover the parts, but it will cost us $1400.00 to install and for coolant. We bought a "new" house to avoid surprises. Wouldn't recommend a Lennox!

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: C. Ganczarz

"Read reviews"
I am so glad I read the reviews. I will not be purchasing one now. Reviews on older units are very good. New ones? Wow, I haven't seen a product with that many negative responses. I wonder if the newer products are made in China.

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: Thingsrcrazy

"Ms"
We too had the problem when the a/c kicked on it, smelled like old gym lockers. Was told the problem was the a/c unit we put was much larger than the old one, so we did not have a large enough air return. We put in another one on the ceiling in another part of our home. Problem fixed.

Date created: 2010-07-11 Name: Judith N. Erickson

"Wet socks odor"
My central air is only 15 months old and every time it kicks on it smells like old wet gym socks. My installer says the only way to 'get rid' of the odor is purchase a $400 uv light to keep the condensation off the coils. Give me a break!!! What kind of system doesn't allow for air circulation????? Try to get hold of the Lennox company for help!! Oh, and my warranty does NOT cover this problem!!!

Date created: 2010-07-04 Name: H. Pohl
Location: Quebec

"Lennox AC & heat pump"
I bought a Lennox AC & heat pump last year and the AC quit after the first week. Since then, I had it break-down 3 times in 12 months. The repair service is slow and difficult to get a technician to show up. Had I known what a piece of crap this product was, I would have bought a Carrier or Amana. Sweltering in Quebec.

Date created: 2010-06-28 Name: Ted Newhook
Location: Florida

"NOISY START UP"
Less than 3 months old and they have been there 3 times for the noise and each time they added something else and said the guy before put the wrong item in. Still noisy on start up. They said they will have a factory person call me. Still waiting. Also, still waiting for a rebate from Lennox. Hope that it is not a smoke and mirror item. I would like this fixed as summer gets hot here in Florida.

Date created: 2010-06-24 Name: F. Landry

"Crappy Support"
My compressor died seven days ago and I am still waiting for a replacement Lennox compressor to be delivered to the company that is supposed to be doing the repairs. Ugh!

Date created: 2010-06-23 Name: Bill

"older unit is better"
We are now finally replacing a 30 year Lennox unit. You can't beat that. However, about 10 years ago, the other Lennox unit failed. Based on the 20 years, I got another Lennox. a big mistake, it was a problem for a number of years with leaks and failed parts. As pointed out by others, the installers were incompetent. I am doing most of the repairs myself, such as, condensate pump replacement.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: M. Stevens

"LENNOX IS TERRIBLE"
This air conditioning unit began having trouble after only three years, and although the five-year warranty covered parts, the labor cost me $450-500. Of course after five years, I was on my own for parts and labor. Every year since its third year, I have had to spend an average of $500 to fix something. It's now been eight years and the compressor has gone out. That means this job will cost at least $1,500 to have it fixed. Needless to say, I am opting to put in a whole new unit, and it's only eight years old! I have written, called and emailed Lennox to get some help from them. Three weeks now, and they have completely ignored me. It is clear that they have no intention of doing anything, so now I am forced to spend at least $6,000 to buy a new unit. It won't be a Lennox!!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>