Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-06-28 Name: Ted Newhook
Location: Florida

"NOISY START UP"
Less than 3 months old and they have been there 3 times for the noise and each time they added something else and said the guy before put the wrong item in. Still noisy on start up. They said they will have a factory person call me. Still waiting. Also, still waiting for a rebate from Lennox. Hope that it is not a smoke and mirror item. I would like this fixed as summer gets hot here in Florida.

Date created: 2010-06-24 Name: F. Landry

"Crappy Support"
My compressor died seven days ago and I am still waiting for a replacement Lennox compressor to be delivered to the company that is supposed to be doing the repairs. Ugh!

Date created: 2010-06-23 Name: Bill

"older unit is better"
We are now finally replacing a 30 year Lennox unit. You can't beat that. However, about 10 years ago, the other Lennox unit failed. Based on the 20 years, I got another Lennox. a big mistake, it was a problem for a number of years with leaks and failed parts. As pointed out by others, the installers were incompetent. I am doing most of the repairs myself, such as, condensate pump replacement.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: M. Stevens

"LENNOX IS TERRIBLE"
This air conditioning unit began having trouble after only three years, and although the five-year warranty covered parts, the labor cost me $450-500. Of course after five years, I was on my own for parts and labor. Every year since its third year, I have had to spend an average of $500 to fix something. It's now been eight years and the compressor has gone out. That means this job will cost at least $1,500 to have it fixed. Needless to say, I am opting to put in a whole new unit, and it's only eight years old! I have written, called and emailed Lennox to get some help from them. Three weeks now, and they have completely ignored me. It is clear that they have no intention of doing anything, so now I am forced to spend at least $6,000 to buy a new unit. It won't be a Lennox!!

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: J. Wood

"Buyer Beware"
My five ton unit went out today. Although, it was still under warranty, the company that installed it said it will cost me $1,7600 cash to replace the condenser. I am already in financial difficulty which is why I couldn't qualify for their financing...six months at an additional $600.00 dollars. I have been using Metro Energy Savers for everything since I bought this house 23 years ago. They have sold me heaters and air conditioners and I call them any time I have trouble. After reading your posts, I definitely think I'm being screwed and not kissed.

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: Joey

"Lennox"
Hey, I found my a/c to be running all day on the thermostat setting and call after call the bills just started to add up. Now, it's another part needs replacing. If it wasn't for the cooler air in the basement, there would be high temperatures into the house. This seems to be the air conditioning unit I bought. Not happy with the huge bills for nothing. So if your unit gives cool air but runs all day then suspect the air in your basement is doing the job and not the actual unit.

Date created: 2010-06-19 Name: R. Pearce

"Lennox Never Again"
Bought a Lennox because of the name and the reputation of the installation company that had been in business for over 20 years. Installation company went under last year. System has been installed less than two years ago. Last summer had to replace fan motor. Today, I was just informed the refrigeration compressor has to be replaced because it is a fire hazard. The warranty will cover the parts but will not pay for any labor costs.

Date created: 2010-06-18 Name: Kristin

"Piece of Garbage"
We got our Lennox with our new house 3 years ago and every time it gets hot outside (every June), it breaks, for three years in a row now. The company that installed it came out the first two summers and "reset it" and replaced the thermostat. But it just went out again, another year later! And in the desert at 102 degrees today, I actually need my ac. Now the installation company claims they have no record of ever coming out and wants to charge us for a piece of garbage unit that never worked in the first place! I will never buy a house with a Lennox again! Run far, far away from this brand.

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: Al Knauf

"Defective coils in "Signature" SEER 21"
I paid for the absolute best, I thought. The evaporator coils in these two units have both been replaced due to leaks in the first 3 years of use. Surprise! The "warranty" does not cover refrigerant, although it was lost due to the defective parts! It did not include labor. The last coil cost $600 to replace plus $190 for a leak check, which was a rip off! I called the Lennox CEO and got his secretary who was snippy and had me e-mail her my complaint. No reply. Then, the thermostat light went out on one unit. Labor cost to replace this "warranteed" part: $177, when I can buy the part over the internet for $150! Do your homework and consult this site before you buy!

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: D.

"Awful system"
Lennox air conditioners are awful. Our entire town home community had Lennox air conditioning systems installed, and they have caused problems nonstop in most of the homes. My own home is 4 years old, and I have spent over $2000 on repairs already. Keep in mind that this money is in labor charges only, as the parts are under warranty. Now the condenser coil is leaking, and Lennox expects me to pay $1700 up front for the part and have me submit the warranty claim to get the money back afterwards. The bottom line is that Lennox manufactures ac units of terrible quality and do not cover labor costs on systems under warranty. I will probably have my entire unit replaced.