Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: M

"Poor construction"
Newer units are poorly constructed, builder installed three units at my residence, home is only a few years old and I've had two fans motors go out, two of the systems needed recharging last year and this year the third unit went out, estimates to repair it are $3,000+. I'm going to go with either Trane or American Standard. I've never sen such a poorly constructed unit, seems like their is always a repair technician in our neighborhood. Funny thing is when i did the home's walk through the builder rep noted they use to install Carrier, but switched to a different installer that installs Lennox, this should tell you something about Lennox, Lennox is not the same company they were 20 years ago, do yourself a favor and find a reputable dealer and go with another manufacture.

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: K. C.

"Bad install from Lennox dealer"
Our Lennox is only 3 years old and every summer we have had trouble with it. Everything has been replaced and still not working. I gave up calling our Lennox dealer and called another company to check it out and wow it had been installed all wrong, even the heating system is not vented right and gas fumes were coming back into the house. Seems like the Lennox dealers dont know how to install or repair their own units. So now we are out more money to have it fixed right. 7000.00 unit and this is what we get for it.

Date created: 2010-08-06 Name: R. Leonard

"Don't Buy Lennox A/C"
We put an addition on our house and a Lennox unit was put in. The compressor on it just broke and it's only 5 1/2 years old. Of course it's just 6 months out of warranty. This broken unit sits next to our 25 year old Trane unit which is still running like a charm. Don't by Lennox! I waited 1/2 hour on the phone to talk to someone in there consumer affairs department and they were of no help. Buy Trane.

Date created: 2010-08-05 Name: R. Martin

"Poor Performance - Lennox A/c"
I see that many consumers are having the same types of problems that we have encountered. Faulty valve, bad compressor, fan motor - all replaced on a unit that is just 2 yrs old - $2000 out of pocket expense. Lennox Quality Control is non-existent. Does anyone know what you have to do to get the Consumer Agency to review these units? While not hazardous to my health, (although it was 103 yesterday) to me it just looks like too many of the same issues.

Date created: 2010-07-28 Name: M. M.

"Buy another product!"
I have paid out over $1100 in repairs to my Lennox a/c unit. The first problem involved the a/c fan and then last month I needed to replace a shorted compressor. My a/c unit is only 4 years old. The $1100 was for labor as only the parts were covered under the warranty.

Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: Pete M.

Complete junk. I have two of these and have to have them serviced every few months. Who cares about efficiency when you have to pay the repair man $200 4-6 times a year. Lennox = Lemon. Never again.

Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: Nick

"Wonderful proucts so quiet"
My house was built in 1990 and was installed with 2 Lennox 5 ton ac units and have worked great ever since but one failed last week but I really can't complain because it lasted for so long. Also, don't listen to the majority of these reviews because most of the people reviewing here just because they are mad that their piece of equipment failed. Not many people think about their ac if it has been working properly for many years and will not do any research on it. Take it from my experience and my family experience. They have never given us any problems. All together, my family has about 21 Lennox's. Also, if you need a really quiet ac, Lennox is the way to go. All you can hear is the fan, not that loud buzzing noise like you hear from other brands if it's under your windows etc.

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: Ann Lilly

"Poor quality equipment"
Our unit was installed by Drees Homes, our builder, in May of 2006. The compressor just went out after only four years of use! The worst part is that our model has been discontinued, and the replacement will take three weeks to manufacture. It's 100 degrees outside! Warranty will cover the parts, but it will cost us $1400.00 to install and for coolant. We bought a "new" house to avoid surprises. Wouldn't recommend a Lennox!

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: C. Ganczarz

"Read reviews"
I am so glad I read the reviews. I will not be purchasing one now. Reviews on older units are very good. New ones? Wow, I haven't seen a product with that many negative responses. I wonder if the newer products are made in China.

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: Thingsrcrazy

"Ms"
We too had the problem when the a/c kicked on it, smelled like old gym lockers. Was told the problem was the a/c unit we put was much larger than the old one, so we did not have a large enough air return. We put in another one on the ceiling in another part of our home. Problem fixed.