Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-09-26 Name: CIndy
Location: CLovis, CA

"Lennox 10 seer"
I purchased a new house 4 yrs. ago and my AC by Lennox is already broken... i need to have it replaced and will cost me an arm and a leg. I wouldnt recommend Lennox to anyone!!

Date created: 2010-09-20 Name: Tracey
Location: Memphis, TN

"Don't use Lennox....."
I have had problems every summer with my Lennox air conditioner. I finally contacted Lennox directly and the field guy told me that it is not his job to fix the problem. The unit is not even 5 years old and I have had to replace the compressor twice, install 2 hard start kits, replace the pressure switch, replace the contactor and replace the capcitor. Out of pocket in 4 years has totaled $2253. Lennox does not care about their products. They are just trying to run the warrenty out.

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: A. Fornal
Location: Plant City, FL

"Bring on Summer!"
I have had my Lennox A/C carrier for 6 years now. It has never needed to be serviced and the air, coming from my vents, is always ice cold. I live in FL and the heat in the summertime can be overwhelming. The humidity here is thicker than pea soup. When I walk into my home, the air is so cool and refreshing.

Date created: 2010-09-15 Name: Jessica Riffle
Location: Cape Coral, FL

"Efficiency!"
We are very pleased with our new Lennox high efficiency equipment and are extremely happy with it. This is the 2nd Lennox system that we have purchased and will never purchase another. The efficiency of their equipment is phenomenal!

Date created: 2010-09-06 Name: Dissatisfied
Location: Dallas, TX

"RUN AWAY FROM LENNOX !!! - JUNK"
JUNK !!!! The one word to describe Lennox. I am on my 6th summer with 3 Lennox units which have been nothing but trouble. There is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE with Lennox. They are very energy efficient because they never work. They have stood behind none of their units. I just replaces 5 units in my office building with Trane and am much more satisfied. The most expensive piece of equipment is the one that does not work and has to be replaced. Lennox qualifies as the most expensive !!!

Date created: 2010-09-06 Name: Jason
Location: Lewisville, tx

"Poor quality"
My home is three years old. Had to replace my 3 ton unit under warranty last year. Now my four ton unit just went out. Repairs to the units every year. Lennox quality control is very poor. If Drees Custom homes builds your house in dallas, insist on a different brand. The sub out to frymire.

Date created: 2010-08-23 Name: christine
Location: houston tx

"Lennox air condition systems"
We had 2 Lennox A/C. The first one had problem on the third year (mother board was broken). Now on the fourth year, the second A/C also gave us problem. We are waiting to be fixed. The labor and the part are jacked up on Lennox; we have to pay $425 for the mother board while it costs under $100 on the internet!

Date created: 2010-08-21 Name: Chris Horsefield
Location: Missouri

"Lennox 6 years new"
Lennox is horrible. The fan motor and compressor went out right after the warranty. What a waste of money.

Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: M

"Poor construction"
Newer units are poorly constructed, builder installed three units at my residence, home is only a few years old and I've had two fans motors go out, two of the systems needed recharging last year and this year the third unit went out, estimates to repair it are $3,000+. I'm going to go with either Trane or American Standard. I've never sen such a poorly constructed unit, seems like their is always a repair technician in our neighborhood. Funny thing is when i did the home's walk through the builder rep noted they use to install Carrier, but switched to a different installer that installs Lennox, this should tell you something about Lennox, Lennox is not the same company they were 20 years ago, do yourself a favor and find a reputable dealer and go with another manufacture.

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: K. C.

"Bad install from Lennox dealer"
Our Lennox is only 3 years old and every summer we have had trouble with it. Everything has been replaced and still not working. I gave up calling our Lennox dealer and called another company to check it out and wow it had been installed all wrong, even the heating system is not vented right and gas fumes were coming back into the house. Seems like the Lennox dealers dont know how to install or repair their own units. So now we are out more money to have it fixed right. 7000.00 unit and this is what we get for it.