Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-10-17 Name: D. Green
Location: Houston

"Leaky Coils."
We had 3 brand new a/c units installed in our house during remodeling 2009 and as of August 2010, all three units had leaky coils that had to be replaced. Lennox provided new coils but would not pay for the labor to replace which cost $2,000. When you have three new units all having leaky coils, how can they not call that a "Defect"?? If anyone is doing something legally about this, I would like to be included. If a company is making a defective product, they need to be held accountable. Especially with the price you pay for this "quality" brand!

Date created: 2010-10-12 Name: H. Green
Location: Houston, TX

"Poor customer service"
I have had this uint about 5 yrs. It broke down the very first year I had it, and I have spent hundreds of dollars in repairs since.I have had a number of qualified people try to fix it but it just keeps breaking down. They tell me they get litle to no support from Lennox. It was repaired 6 wks ago is already broken, and I have been told their is no way to fix it.

Date created: 2010-10-03 Name: J. Lujan
Location: riverside, ca

"Dont buy Lennox"
Unit is a piece of garbage. I have had problems approximatley 2 years after I bought it. two compressor leaks and now heat exchanger warped. dont buy Lennox!

Date created: 2010-10-01 Name: S. Steinway
Location: Atlanta, Ga.

"Undependable and UnReliable A/C units"
I have five 20 sear units, supposed to be top of the line. What a joke! Four of the five units have all had major repairs and they are only 3 years old. The repairs started when the units were a year old. We have replaced capacitors. expansion valves, water pumps, switches and now 3 of the 5 units are leaking freon. We have to find the leaks, cannot refill again with freon to the tune of $600 per unit. I am about ready to throw out these units and buy a reputable brand.

Date created: 2010-09-26 Name: CIndy
Location: CLovis, CA

"Lennox 10 seer"
I purchased a new house 4 yrs. ago and my AC by Lennox is already broken... i need to have it replaced and will cost me an arm and a leg. I wouldnt recommend Lennox to anyone!!

Date created: 2010-09-20 Name: Tracey
Location: Memphis, TN

"Don't use Lennox....."
I have had problems every summer with my Lennox air conditioner. I finally contacted Lennox directly and the field guy told me that it is not his job to fix the problem. The unit is not even 5 years old and I have had to replace the compressor twice, install 2 hard start kits, replace the pressure switch, replace the contactor and replace the capcitor. Out of pocket in 4 years has totaled $2253. Lennox does not care about their products. They are just trying to run the warrenty out.

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: A. Fornal
Location: Plant City, FL

"Bring on Summer!"
I have had my Lennox A/C carrier for 6 years now. It has never needed to be serviced and the air, coming from my vents, is always ice cold. I live in FL and the heat in the summertime can be overwhelming. The humidity here is thicker than pea soup. When I walk into my home, the air is so cool and refreshing.

Date created: 2010-09-15 Name: Jessica Riffle
Location: Cape Coral, FL

"Efficiency!"
We are very pleased with our new Lennox high efficiency equipment and are extremely happy with it. This is the 2nd Lennox system that we have purchased and will never purchase another. The efficiency of their equipment is phenomenal!

Date created: 2010-09-06 Name: Dissatisfied
Location: Dallas, TX

"RUN AWAY FROM LENNOX !!! - JUNK"
JUNK !!!! The one word to describe Lennox. I am on my 6th summer with 3 Lennox units which have been nothing but trouble. There is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE with Lennox. They are very energy efficient because they never work. They have stood behind none of their units. I just replaces 5 units in my office building with Trane and am much more satisfied. The most expensive piece of equipment is the one that does not work and has to be replaced. Lennox qualifies as the most expensive !!!

Date created: 2010-09-06 Name: Jason
Location: Lewisville, tx

"Poor quality"
My home is three years old. Had to replace my 3 ton unit under warranty last year. Now my four ton unit just went out. Repairs to the units every year. Lennox quality control is very poor. If Drees Custom homes builds your house in dallas, insist on a different brand. The sub out to frymire.