Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: J Hineman
Location: Scottsdale, AS

"DO NOT BUY A LENNOX UNIT!"
Had two 14 seer, 4 ton units installed in 2007. I have had to repair them every year since. As of this writing, I have to spend $1500.00 in repairs in the last 30 days, as the TXV valve on both units stopped working (at different times). The valve is a covered part, but the labor isn't. I tried calling Lennox, and was put on hold for over an hour, and when I did get a rep, he didn't get back to me as promised. I called Corporate in Texas, and even though I asked for a manager to talk with, they stuck me back in the call loop for another hour. I had to give up. There units are crap and the customer service is worse. Get a Trane........

Date created: 2011-01-04 Name: Rose Dean
Location: Columbus Tx,

"Dean"
The sound out of this system has been a nightmare. They have had problems in the past and are still installing the systems with old recall parts. It has been a nightmare, no one calls back they state they are busy teaching classes due to slow times. Well, what about helping the customer. I have had my system for 2 months now and I dont know what the big deal of the Lennox System is.

Date created: 2010-12-13 Name: Mark
Location: Apex, NC

"Piece of poop"
I have the same story as most of the people who have written reviews here. I have a four year-old house with a Lennox AC unit and it has failed on me every year. I've had to recharge twice, replace a coil, capacitor and mother board. I feel better after reading these reviews, though, because I've only spent about $1400 so far.

Date created: 2010-11-08 Name: Ann Thomson
Location: Victoria, British Columbia

"Fan"
My HVAC unit is just over six years old and the fan gave out- fair enough. But it has been three weeks now and the Honeywell guys that do the servicing have not been able to get the new fan from Lennox (who have the worse reputation for customer service here). Eventually the fan was sent (by Lennox) to the wrong city in the wrong province...and when this was pointed out to them, they refused to send it rush to correct their mistake...so we had to just wait til it came....THIS MORNING! Then it was found that they SENT THE WRONG ONE. Again, instead of expediting the sending of the RIGHT one, they said we just had to wait until it arrived...whenever this will be. Between the Honeywell guy and myself, we have wasted hours on the phone with each other and with Lennox (who also has a ridiculous phone system- try it sometimes! You are instructed to enter the same number over and over and no one ever comes on!) trying to deal with this situation. We have had no heat or air conditioning for weeks now- all because of the poor service of Lennox. (And their employees who answer their phones for the technicians could not care less either.) The worst service I could possibly imagine.

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: Jan
Location: Houston, TX

"Houston TX Homeowner"
Two A/C units were installed in our new house in 2006. Replaced coils after 18 months (paid $800 for labor), and need a new compressor now after four years. Have not been able to get Lennox to agree to provide parts, will cost $3800. Have owned homes with Trane units, and never had a problem. Will never buy Lennox again.

Date created: 2010-10-26 Name: B Sopchak
Location: Williamsburg, VA

"Not worth the price"
Spent $5K on a new a/c unit 3 years ago. Now spending $500 more to get a factory weld repaired. Considering the Lennox product was twice as expensive, I expected better quality. Next time I'll spend half as much for the same non-existent peace of mind. Massive waste of money.

Date created: 2010-10-17 Name: D. Green
Location: Houston

"Leaky Coils."
We had 3 brand new a/c units installed in our house during remodeling 2009 and as of August 2010, all three units had leaky coils that had to be replaced. Lennox provided new coils but would not pay for the labor to replace which cost $2,000. When you have three new units all having leaky coils, how can they not call that a "Defect"?? If anyone is doing something legally about this, I would like to be included. If a company is making a defective product, they need to be held accountable. Especially with the price you pay for this "quality" brand!

Date created: 2010-10-12 Name: H. Green
Location: Houston, TX

"Poor customer service"
I have had this uint about 5 yrs. It broke down the very first year I had it, and I have spent hundreds of dollars in repairs since.I have had a number of qualified people try to fix it but it just keeps breaking down. They tell me they get litle to no support from Lennox. It was repaired 6 wks ago is already broken, and I have been told their is no way to fix it.

Date created: 2010-10-03 Name: J. Lujan
Location: riverside, ca

"Dont buy Lennox"
Unit is a piece of garbage. I have had problems approximatley 2 years after I bought it. two compressor leaks and now heat exchanger warped. dont buy Lennox!

Date created: 2010-10-01 Name: S. Steinway
Location: Atlanta, Ga.

"Undependable and UnReliable A/C units"
I have five 20 sear units, supposed to be top of the line. What a joke! Four of the five units have all had major repairs and they are only 3 years old. The repairs started when the units were a year old. We have replaced capacitors. expansion valves, water pumps, switches and now 3 of the 5 units are leaking freon. We have to find the leaks, cannot refill again with freon to the tune of $600 per unit. I am about ready to throw out these units and buy a reputable brand.