Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-05-22 Name: TJ Machado
Location: Mississauga, CA

"Nine Years Service and then leaks"
Gave good service for 9 years then seems to have sprung a leak. Replaced refrigerant after 9 years and then again it seems to need 2.5 lbs of refigerant implying a leak in the coil. I was expecting at least 15 years of trouble free service given I maintain it well.

Date created: 2011-05-21 Name: Crcil Turner
Location: danville, Ga.

"Home package a/c and heat pump"
Bought in Aug. 2009, started having problems in 2010 wouldn't cool to outside temp. 77 degrees is as far as it would bring down inside temp.and that is continously running 24 hrs a day. Freon had leaked out of coil. even though there was a warranty on coil, Lennox would not pay to replace bad component or poor workmanship, whichever caused problem.
Date created: 2011-04-22 Name: Mike C
Location: Greensboro, NC

"Lennox's Dual Zone System Has Problems"
Just spent $839.00 yesterday for a bad control board. I've replaced the fan, had trouble with the furnace, and have a freon leak somewhere. The system is good when it's running well but a piece of junk when it's not. I hope it will keep running another 7 years without costing too much money!
Date created: 2011-04-22 Name: Cecil Turner
Location: Danville Ga.

"Model no. 15chpxa-48-230-1A pkg unit"
I have owned a Lennox air conditioner heatpump pkg unit for 1year and about 8 mo. It is the sorriest unit I have ever had. It started going bad at the end of the first summer, quit cooling like it should, had water in air duck replaced. Started up second summer, wouldn't cool at all. Freon had leaked out of the evaporator coils. Coils had frozen up, causing the drain pan to freeze and bust . All around bottom of cabinate on cooling side had rusted up. Contacted Lennox, warranty on coil and compressor, but you had to pay all shipping, all labor, Labor is twice as high as their used parts. DO NOT BUY A LENNOX. IT IS A PEICE OF GARBAGE AND SHOULD BE PULLED FROM CONSUMERS.
Date created: 2011-04-18 Name: Mark Wahlmeier
Location: Adair, OK

"Poor Quality Products"
Own 2 units .... both had to be repaired day 1 ... major repairs every 6 months since. Poor quality from day one! Poor quality parts! Slow to react to lemon product. Will never own a lennox again!
Date created: 2011-04-13 Name: Sherry Steinway
Location: Atlanta, Ga.

"5 Lennox units in new house"
We have 5 units in a new house - 3 years old. Extremely unsatisfactory. Four of the five units major repairs, condensers, freon leaks, boards - terrible service from Lenox and their rep in Atlanta - Peachtree Services. We have paid out over $2500 in repairs already and have two more units leaking freon. We are looking at $1500-$2000 more in repairs. I'm ready to throw away units and GET A DIFFERENT BRAND. I will never buy Lennox again.
Date created: 2011-02-16 Name: mike
Location: sarasota fl

"Don't think its worth it"
I've had mine for 8 years. 2 capacitors replaced, and 1 fan motor. $300 each. Now the compressor. $1,700. i change my filters monthly, good 3m ones not cheap ones. i wet vac the condensation monthly. So it has cost me $2,600. I will give this one last try, if it breaks, I'm done with lennox.
Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: art modesto
Location: Apopka, Florida

"Mr"
I thought I bought the best 5 ton A/C unit. In fact it is the worst unit I ever purchase. It is almost 6 years old and I had to repair it more than 7 times at the cost of 800 plus a repair. I use to have a Trane a/c unit that was 18 years old and had to repair it only 3 x. I will never buy a Lennox a/c again. I am ready to replace it with a Trane unit
Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: J Hineman
Location: Scottsdale, AS

"DO NOT BUY A LENNOX UNIT!"
Had two 14 seer, 4 ton units installed in 2007. I have had to repair them every year since. As of this writing, I have to spend $1500.00 in repairs in the last 30 days, as the TXV valve on both units stopped working (at different times). The valve is a covered part, but the labor isn't. I tried calling Lennox, and was put on hold for over an hour, and when I did get a rep, he didn't get back to me as promised. I called Corporate in Texas, and even though I asked for a manager to talk with, they stuck me back in the call loop for another hour. I had to give up. There units are crap and the customer service is worse. Get a Trane........
Date created: 2011-01-04 Name: Rose Dean
Location: Columbus Tx,

"Dean"
The sound out of this system has been a nightmare. They have had problems in the past and are still installing the systems with old recall parts. It has been a nightmare, no one calls back they state they are busy teaching classes due to slow times. Well, what about helping the customer. I have had my system for 2 months now and I dont know what the big deal of the Lennox System is.
<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>