Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-08-01 Name: karen swinford
Location: Tennessee

"Review of a Lennox Package unit"
I purchased a Lennox package unit which was installed 1/13/2016. The first year was not a very cold year in Memphis, and since I burn with a wood fireplace, it wasn't used a lot. It was used more in the summer. I turned the unit on the first time on Mother's Day of 2018 because my children were coming out for Mother's Day. It came on working, but as the day progressed, it kept getting hotter and hotter in the house. When the repairman came out, he said my condenser coil had a leak. He couldn't find the leak, so he had to use a dye to find it. It was not found. He then put Freon in it because some had leaked out. This was almost $700.00. We argued over the cost because I said the dye was a part not labor. He finally gave in on the argument, however I had to pay almost $300 to pay for the diagnostic charge and Freon and part of the dye. On 2/20/18, the fan was working outside on the unit, but no air was coming through the registers, nor was any air being pulled into the unit. I called them again. This time the blower unit, as well as the coils, are shot. Of course Freon has leaked too. I would never have purchased a Lennox, except for the fact that Trane and Carrier were way too expensive. I have had the service manager out here to let them know I don't want the piece of junk and that it is a lemon. They finally told me that I could either pay $5000.00 more to get a Trane, which I had already paid $7200.00 for the Lennox junk. I told him no way was I going to pay more for a Trane, since that would be over $1200.00 and the Trane would not have cost me that much in the beginning. They are going to fix it for no labor charge. I still don't want this piece of junk. Lennox will not take their equipment back under any circumstances. I have a second unit for the rest of the house that is 20 years old and no problems.

Date created: 2018-06-10 Name: Cindy Demos
Location: Pensacola, FL

"Don't make the mistake I did"
I paid 8800.00 for a new Lennox unit. Needless to say that after 2 years this unit has stopped working. The dealer that sold me this unit said that a "valve" was the problem. Fixed the valve, still not working. I have asthma and live in Florida and needless to say it is hot. I have been without air for about a week now while they are trying to figure out what is wrong with this unit. To make things even worse I have to pay the service company that is fixing it 600.00 because the parts may be covered but the service isn't. I have never dealt with such a not so nice company. Beware and really do your homework when buying an ac unit.
Date created: 2018-05-17 Name: Laurie Block
Location: Dublin, OH

"They Stink"
Do not buy an air conditioner from this company. Many years ago I sold new construction and the company at that time had a good reputation. Our local heating and cooling company, Care in Columbus Ohio, recommended them and we bought a unit. I did not work properly from day one. All it has done is run up our electric bills, and empty our bank accounts for work that never fixed anything. The local company was just as bad as Lennox. If you live near Columbus Ohio do not use Care Heating and Cooling. They could care less about the work only about your check book.
Date created: 2018-01-05 Name: Linda
Location: Florida

"Donít Buy"
We purchased Lennox Ac/ heat central air for my elderly parents so they would be compfortable in both summer and winter. The unit was installed in June 2017 they live in Fl so the heat was never used until late Nov. 2017 the installers had came out noticed the Rebersal Valve wasnít working properly we were informed the part is covered under warranty however to change the part the Freon had to be emptied and to replace the Freon would cost about $160 (money which they do not have). I called Lennox and was told they only covered the part I told them the unit came defective and is less then 6 months old they shouldnít pay anything out of pocket . Lennox then told me the units are checked before shipping so if something happens to them during transport itís not there responsibility and thatís why they offer a warranty on parts. That is bs to have to pay for something that if it worked properly in the first place they wouldnít be in this situation now. The customer service line you have to wait on hold for 11/2 hours for them to do nothing except read you the warranty information no exceptions.
Date created: 2017-10-24 Name: rod scales
Location: Dallas, TX

"Lennox failure"
Regarding prior posting...The conclusion to the Lennox complaint. Lennox reimbursed me $650 of my $750 out of pocket labor charges after complaining in a letter to the president of Lennox I still feel uneasy about whether these early failures will continue.
Date created: 2017-10-17 Name: John sweet
Location: Sun Lakes, AZ

"Quality"
I purchased our Lennox ac unit 3 years ago from Costco and now I'm told by Collins ac who installed it that the coil is leaking and needs to replaced at a cost of $600 plus for labor as the coil is under warranty. If I recall wasn't there a class action suit against Lennox for faulty tubing in their coils? What became of that suit and how was it settled ?
Date created: 2017-09-25 Name: Jennifer turner
Location: Waco, TX

"2017 model has issues"
Terrible unit complete crap. Can't believe I wasted 5,000 dollars on this garbage
Date created: 2017-08-16 Name: rod scales
Location: Dallas, TX

"Lousy quality"
Ml180uh110p60c-s3 5 ton sysytem. Paid more for so called better quality. Installed new system in 2015, Circulation fan motor failed in 2016. Cooling coil and condenser fan motor failed in 2017 a disgrace
Date created: 2017-06-12 Name: Mala Palut
Location: Palatine, IL

"Lennox AC Poor"
Very poor. How can a Lennox a/c considered top of the line breakdown within three years on the hottest day and we don't even have it turned low. Really bad.
Date created: 2017-05-01 Name: B. BRADSHAW
Location: Conroe, TX

"LENNOX AC IS HORRIBLE"
Lennox air conditioners are the worst product for new homes or old ones. Ours is less than 5 years old and we are already replacing the coil to the tune of over $900. Village builders needs to stop cheaping out and put in a quality product in their homes. We are not the only person that has a problem with their air conditioner.
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>