Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-08-16 Name: rod scales
Location: Dallas, TX

"Lousy quality"
Ml180uh110p60c-s3 5 ton sysytem. Paid more for so called better quality. Installed new system in 2015, Circulation fan motor failed in 2016. Cooling coil and condenser fan motor failed in 2017. A disgrace

Date created: 2017-06-12 Name: Mala Palut
Location: Palatine

"Lennox AC Poor"
Very poor. How can a Lennox a/c considered top of the line breakdown within three years on the hottest day and we don't even have it turned low. Really bad.

Date created: 2017-05-01 Name: B. BRADSHAW
Location: Conroe, TX

"LENNOX AC IS HORRIBLE"
Lennox air conditioners are the worst product for new homes or old ones. Ours is less than 5 years old and we are already replacing the coil to the tune of over $900. Village builders needs to stop cheaping out and put in a quality product in their homes. We are not the only person that has a problem with their air conditioner.

Date created: 2016-08-22 Name: Ralph Scott
Location: Houston, TX

"Crap, crap, crap"
This company is a piece of crap, the worst service ever. Do not buy anything from this company, nothing.

Date created: 2016-08-18 Name: N Peterson
Location: Katy, TX

"Very bad units"
Bought new home in 2012 with two Lennox units (upstairs and downstairs). In 4 years I am on the 5th evaporator coil (downstairs unit has been replaced twice in 4 years and upstairs has been replaced once). I have also had to replace one compressor and one compressor fan. These are lemon units. I would not a buy a Lennox product if they paid me.

Date created: 2016-07-14 Name: DG
Location: Michigan

"Water leak"
New furnace and air conditioner installed in March. When the air was turned on, I noticed water sitting on the unit. Called the company who installed it and they "fixed" it....not. Tubing is leaking outside of the pan.

Date created: 2016-06-16 Name: oliver jackson
Location: Lakeland, FL

"I had the same unit for 29 years"
Long service with little or no problems.

Date created: 2016-05-11 Name: D. Wilson
Location: Matthews, NC

"Awful units / Worst customer service"
I recently purchased a Lennox AC coil Model Serial number (6011C45307) on 5/21/16 and used a licensed AC company for the installation. The unit failed in early May 2015, slightly less than 5 years. The unit was purchased with a 5-year warranty and installed using a licensed AC company. I replaced the unit with an identical unit in early May of 2016 and called Lennox regarding reimbursement for the unit with failed. Lennox proceeded to tell me that the part that failed really did not have a 5-year warranty. And since I bought the replacement part already, they would not reimburse me for the cost of the unit which clearly failed in less than 5 years. I am a degreed Mechanical Engineer and would say, you should never consider buying a Lennox product. They do not honor their warranties that are clearly written in their documents.

Date created: 2015-11-06 Name: K. Thomas
Location: Camp Verde, AZ

"Loud oscillating rumble"
This roof package unit was installed in late August, 2015 and has been a problem from day one due to its deep pulsating oscillating rumble. It vibrates pictures on the walls, or a ladder leaning up against the house (1460 square foot house). The thought of having to endure this noise and inner ear disturbance for the next twelve years, winter and summer, is unbearable! You cannot sit anywhere outside the house without being disturbed by it, and you can also hear it from down the street. Lennox Corp. feigns concern, but to date has not been at all helpful; the local dealer has been paid their $10,960.00 so it is of no concern to them .

Date created: 2015-09-14 Name: L. Gustafson
Location: Winter Garden, FL

"Very unhappy"
I bought a brand-new house from Lennar. It had a Lennox furnace. I had problems from the beginning. Just found out that I need the evaporator coil replaced. Lennox will give me the coil but I need to pay for the labor. The labor will be around $1000. It is just shy of two years of owning the furnace. The coil should last longer than that. There are multiple leaks in the coil. I will never buy nor recommend a Lennox furnace. I called the company with my complaint and was told there was nothing they could do. I told them I thought this was an inferior product.