Consumer Reviews of KENMORE central air conditioners

Read more about KENMORE central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-10-04 Name: M. Bryant
Location: East Texas

"Master Protection Plan"
I bought a central air and heating unit from Sears Home Improvement back in March of 2015, and the AC unit is no longer cooling. After 4 days of dealing with Sears on this issue, I have been told that the manufacturer warranty is good for only 1 year. And that time has passed. No warranty at all, even though I had bought the Master Protection Plan. I finally got in touch with one of the employees that did find that I had the protection plan, and they will fix my AC under this plan. If you intend to buy from Sears please be sure that you buy the Master Protection Plan.

Date created: 2016-07-05 Name: Anthony provenzano
Location: Farmingdale, NY

"Complaint"
Never use Sears for central air. They gave me a price by one guy and when he came to install it they raised up the price. I will never buy from Sears again.

Date created: 2016-06-09 Name: Maggie Peoples
Location: Dallas, TX

"Lost $7,000 on Sears AC unit"
I purchased a complete AC unit from Sears. The Sears sales person convinced me that my home built in 2008 needed a new unit when I doubt that it did. The sales person convinced me that the unit in my home could not be repaired so I purchased a new one, $7,000. The unit stopped working within the third month and after five service calls, unit still does not work.

Date created: 2016-05-11 Name: Nelson Chow
Location: Independence, OR

"Nice AC unit, very quiet"
I wanted a good AC unit. I always liked Kenmore products, so I bought one back in 2007 one year after we bought our brand new house. I am a retired Army veteran and wanted to reward myself from all those hot years in the field. I felt I got the best. It's now 9 years later and it's still going strong. I get it serviced once a year. Thank you Sears. Signed : An Old Solider :)

Date created: 2016-04-20 Name: Dan Miller
Location: Naperville, IL

"Excellent basic central air unit"
Bought this in spring 2002 as furnace/AC unit to replace an old Lennox. It's now spring 2016 and the AC unit has never required any service. Once or twice a year I use a broom to clear off the cottonwood seeds that collect on the outside unit and that's all it seems to ever need, it just runs. It kept the house very cool when it was over 100 degrees out. This has been a great unit for us.

Date created: 2016-04-08 Location: West palm Beach, fl

"The best air conditioning unit that you could buy plus its very affordable to buy."
I have had this unit for 4 years now. Since i bought it I have never had a problem with it. It keeps my home very cool especially over the hot summer. I would recommend this unit to everyone. I have never had to fix it or repair it. I just make sure I keep it well maintained. The only thing I don't like is that I wish it was bigger.

Date created: 2015-11-02 Location: Orlando, Florida

"We LOVE our Kenmore Central Air Conditioner!!"
We love our Kenmore central air conditioning unit with heat pump and located outside. We have had our unit for several years now. We read a lot of reviews before deciding on this model. Kenmore has an excellent reputation. Since we purchased our unit we have not run into any major repairs. The thermostat is very responsible, and the unit seems to use electricity very efficiently. We did replace the air filter on 2 separate occasions but that was to be expected. We purchased our system directly from Sears, and we found them to be very helpful and the salesman had a lot of good information to share. We live in a two story home located in Florida and before we had this new model installed we really could not afford the electric bills we received. This unit does such a better job of cooling the house. We would recommend this unit to everyone, and we would positively purchase a Kenmore again.

Date created: 2015-09-23 Location: Pittsburg, PA

"Wow factor with new Kenmore unit"
We have had this central air conditioning unit for about a year now and no problems have occurred. We have only had to replace the air filter and that's it! I am so very pleased with the way this air conditioner has turned out and saved us money in the long run instead of using an air conditioner in every room on full blast. I would recommend this brand for anyone with a home that is hard on energy and hard to cool in the summer months. When you turn the air unit on it's amazing how fast it cools down and is noticeably greater than anything I have ever tried before, ever.

Date created: 2015-09-14 Name: J McCulligh
Location: London ON Canada

"Lousy service and poor advice given."
Furnace was installed in the wrong location for what we asked. We were specifically concerned with the location selected because we owned two dogs and had family members who owned dogs coming over to our home. We asked the salesperson if dog pee would affect the durability of the system. We asked the same question to the installers. Both were very firm in stating that dogs urinating on the system should pose no problem so we proceeded with installing the air conditioner inside our fence. The next summer we noticed that the evaporator fins were literally breaking down. A service person came and within a minute or so determined it was because of our dog or dogs urinating on it. No warranty issue. We would never have put the system where it is if we had not been reassured that our dogs posed no problems. As far as cooling our home, well, that is less than expected even though we were assured that the system recommended was more than good enough for an 1100 square foot home. We had other service calls on some parts that were defective so our experience with Sears is, well, less than poor. I would never buy another Sears furnace and air conditioner.

Date created: 2015-07-27 Name: wont buy again

"Warranty book states service covered when it's not"
Sad when you buy an air conditioner with a 5-year warranty for a sealed refrigerant unit. The book states 'will repair free of charge' then when you call Sears they tell you a service call for $109.00 and parts are free. This is why there are so many class action lawsuits, just waiting for the lawyers to get ahold of this one.