Consumer Reviews of Kenmore central air conditioners

Read more about Kenmore central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-07-27 Name: Joe Batres
Location: Arizona

"Dissatisfied to say the least"
I've been doing air conditioning all my life and my neighbor's air conditioner has been out for 10 years. He finally sprung the money to get a Sears Kenmore unit. It was a condensing unit and coil change out from the day this thing started up it made horrendous noises like I've never heard before out of a condensing unit. The tech came back and discharged a bunch of Freon out of the unit. Unfortunately, he didn't know I was watching, but that's besides the point. The unit is now cooling the house because it wasn't cooling the house to start with. After the installation was done, the text that it would take 3 days for the house to cool off. Now it is making an even more horrendous noise all of the time and this is supposed to be Sears Kenmore good quality. I ask my neighbor if he would call you guys and get this rectified because it's driving me crazy. I can hear it even when I'm laying in bed watching tv and we live on 1 acre parcels. That means we each have one acre. It was done here in Tucson, Arizona by Sears company. The text name was Zach. When he was done, he forgot to even turn the gas on or light the water heater. The gentleman had no gas for 2 days and asked me to come see what was going on. I found that the gas valve outside was shut off completely and nothing was real. I went to the furnace or he slid in the new coil and the gas Flex was left unattached, which is actually an extreme fire hazard. I cannot believe that Sears puts out this kind of quality. My friend tells me, which would be my neighbor, that bought this new system he chipped them down in price so he didn't get a warranty on it, but now he takes the chances of having his whole house burned down by Sears. I cannot believe they're not turned into the Better Business Bureau. This kind of workmanship is totally unacceptable. It doesn't matter that I've been doing this for over 10 years, it matters that they left him unsafe and I had to resolve the problems. I will not be responsible for what Sears is not capable of. They should inspect their technicians' work. The work was done very clean, but none of the safety aspects were done, and now it is extremely noisy. And, just so you know, Sears, I just tightened the gas Flex correctly and soap tested it to make sure there was no safety issue for my poor neighbor. He had to go out there and light is on water heater because he refused to call you guys or let me do it at the age of 66. I do not suggest buying a 410a split system from Sears. That was the most unsafe work I've ever seen. Plus, I watch the gentleman Zack lift a condensing unit by himself in a dangerous manner and put the old one in his van by himself. Unfortunately that's the reason I'm laying here. I'm a disabled man now at the age of 49. I hope the world does not find this acceptable I rectified what I could and now all I do is listen to the unit scream and whine and make a hideous noise like I've never heard. So very sad Sears.

Date created: 2017-05-06 Name: Pauline Brown
Location: Sacramento, CA

"Totally unhappy."
After two summer seasons had to add refrigerant and again after the 3rd season. Since I did not buy the Master Protection Plan I have to pay to find out why (what the problem is). There went $9,190.00 down the drain! Will I buy anything from Sears again? No!
Date created: 2016-10-04 Name: M. Bryant
Location: East Texas

"Master Protection Plan"
I bought a central air and heating unit from Sears Home Improvement back in March of 2015, and the AC unit is no longer cooling. After 4 days of dealing with Sears on this issue, I have been told that the manufacturer warranty is good for only 1 year. And that time has passed. No warranty at all, even though I had bought the Master Protection Plan. I finally got in touch with one of the employees that did find that I had the protection plan, and they will fix my AC under this plan. If you intend to buy from Sears please be sure that you buy the Master Protection Plan.
Date created: 2016-07-05 Name: Anthony provenzano
Location: Farmingdale, NY

"Complaint"
Never use Sears for central air. They gave me a price by one guy and when he came to install it they raised up the price. I will never buy from Sears again.
Date created: 2016-06-09 Name: Maggie Peoples
Location: Dallas, TX

"Lost $7,000 on Sears AC unit"
I purchased a complete AC unit from Sears. The Sears sales person convinced me that my home built in 2008 needed a new unit when I doubt that it did. The sales person convinced me that the unit in my home could not be repaired so I purchased a new one, $7,000. The unit stopped working within the third month and after five service calls, unit still does not work.
Date created: 2016-05-11 Name: Nelson Chow
Location: Independence, OR

"Nice AC unit, very quiet"
I wanted a good AC unit. I always liked Kenmore products, so I bought one back in 2007 one year after we bought our brand new house. I am a retired Army veteran and wanted to reward myself from all those hot years in the field. I felt I got the best. It's now 9 years later and it's still going strong. I get it serviced once a year. Thank you Sears. Signed : An Old Solider :)
Date created: 2016-04-20 Name: Dan Miller
Location: Naperville, IL

"Excellent basic central air unit"
Bought this in spring 2002 as furnace/AC unit to replace an old Lennox. It's now spring 2016 and the AC unit has never required any service. Once or twice a year I use a broom to clear off the cottonwood seeds that collect on the outside unit and that's all it seems to ever need, it just runs. It kept the house very cool when it was over 100 degrees out. This has been a great unit for us.
Date created: 2016-04-08 Location: West palm Beach, fl

"The best air conditioning unit that you could buy plus its very affordable to buy."
I have had this unit for 4 years now. Since i bought it I have never had a problem with it. It keeps my home very cool especially over the hot summer. I would recommend this unit to everyone. I have never had to fix it or repair it. I just make sure I keep it well maintained. The only thing I don't like is that I wish it was bigger.
Date created: 2015-11-02 Location: Orlando, Florida

"We LOVE our Kenmore Central Air Conditioner!!"
We love our Kenmore central air conditioning unit with heat pump and located outside. We have had our unit for several years now. We read a lot of reviews before deciding on this model. Kenmore has an excellent reputation. Since we purchased our unit we have not run into any major repairs. The thermostat is very responsible, and the unit seems to use electricity very efficiently. We did replace the air filter on 2 separate occasions but that was to be expected. We purchased our system directly from Sears, and we found them to be very helpful and the salesman had a lot of good information to share. We live in a two story home located in Florida and before we had this new model installed we really could not afford the electric bills we received. This unit does such a better job of cooling the house. We would recommend this unit to everyone, and we would positively purchase a Kenmore again.
Date created: 2015-09-23 Location: Pittsburg, PA

"Wow factor with new Kenmore unit"
We have had this central air conditioning unit for about a year now and no problems have occurred. We have only had to replace the air filter and that's it! I am so very pleased with the way this air conditioner has turned out and saved us money in the long run instead of using an air conditioner in every room on full blast. I would recommend this brand for anyone with a home that is hard on energy and hard to cool in the summer months. When you turn the air unit on it's amazing how fast it cools down and is noticeably greater than anything I have ever tried before, ever.