Consumer Reviews of Kelvinator central air conditioners

Read more about Kelvinator central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-07-01 Name: D Hart
Location: Tinley Park, IL

"Piece of junk"
This unit will be 5 years old in 6 weeks. It worked well in the Chicagoland area for the past 4 years. Being that it was hardly used with our weather seasons, expected it to last awhile. Well...no. Six weeks before the warranty ends, the compressor dies. Covered....right? Just the part is covered - labor will be $1,000! Then to add insult to injury - it will take 10 days to get the part - as it is not in stock! Are you kidding me! I had the unit serviced yearly by the installer. No one has touched this unit otherwise. Have never ever had this experience and would not recommend this product or brand to anyone.

Date created: 2016-01-25 Location: Flowery Branch GA

"High price but highly satisfied"
The old air conditioner went out at my place of business about 6 months ago, so I had to break down and get a new one. I talked to a couple friends of mine and finally decided to get a Kelvinator at their recommendation. They were a little pricier than other brands, but I was looking for a quality product that would last. While I can not yet say how long it will last, I have had zero problems with this unit. It keeps my business very cool even in the dead heat of summer. I like how easy it is to change the filters. I would recommend to a friend. I am actually considering getting one for my home. The warranty was also a plus for this model. It should last a long time.

Date created: 2015-12-04 Location: Charlotte, NC

"Awesome unit and great performance"
My family and I recently moved to a new house and this was the unit we had installed when we moved about a year ago. We decided to buy Kelvinator due to good feedback we received from family members that used the same brand for their central air unit. We absolutely love this unit, it is very quiet compared to other central air units I have had before and it has a circuit breaker for heating applications. I really like how easy it was for our technician to install this unit, he said it was one of the easiest installations he had ever done. This central air unit is extremely powerful and provides great cooling for its size, we can totally recommend this to anyone looking to replace a unit or looking for something new for a house. We have had nothing but great experiences with this unit so far!

Date created: 2015-11-16 Location: Aurora IL

"Best Central Air Unit I've Ever Owned"
Last year I had to replace my central air conditioning unit. A friend had recommended the Kelvinator 3 Ton 13 SEER R-410A split system central air conditioning system, she had hers installed the previous summer. This is the best central air unit I've ever had. A lot of times air conditioning will shoot your electric bill through the roof. With this unit though, I've only noticed a few dollar raise in the bill. I've had the unit for three years now, and there have been no problems. It cools the whole house (I have a two-story home) without any variation in room temperatures. I'm so glad I traded in for the Kelvinator, as I have had no issues nor had to invest any money into the unit for repairs. I recommend this to anyone I come across who's having problems with their unit, or too pricey of an electric bill from their unit.

Date created: 2015-10-12 Location: Olathe, KS

"Central Air Conditioner that Cools house fast"
I have owned my central air conditioner for about one year from when I purchased my first house. I am the type of person that does a ton of research on big item purchases before I buy and this AC unit has fit its reputation. The thing I like the most is how quickly it can cool my home in the dead of summer. I can leave for an hour and have my home cooled by at least 2 degrees during the middle of the day. What I don't like about it is that it has raised my monthly costs, but only a little. I have not had to get any repairs on it yet, but it came with a warranty from the company I purchased it from. I would definitely buy this brand again and would recommend it to a friend.

Date created: 2015-05-29 Location: oak park, IL

"My lovely air conditioner."
I have owned my air conditioner for about 6 months now and it runs like a champ, it has been my greatest investment I have ever made and I will never regret my decision no matter how much my wife and my wallet antagonize me about it. It was really expensive so it works really well and cools the house down fast and efficiently. The only thing I dislike about the air conditioner is that is was really costly and I am still making up for the money I spent on it. I have not had to make any repairs or replace my air conditioner, it runs great. I would buy this brand over and over and already have recommended it to multiple friends. One of my friends actually went out and bought one because I had such high regards to mine. He has also had no problems with his Kelvinator and he is more financially secure than I am so he is more than happy with his purchase. I do highly suggest this brand to anybody that is looking to invest in an air conditioner. It will cost you a pretty penny but in the long run it is worth it because if you go off and invest in a cheap air conditioner the costs will eventually add up to you having to repair it repeatedly or buy a new one.