Consumer Reviews of Keeprite central air conditioners

Read more about Keeprite central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-06-24 Name: Mark W.

"Satisfied So Far"
Replaced our a/c Aug 09 with a new Keeprite and so far it's performing well. I've had Keeprites in the past and have always been very satisfied with them, but they have also been affected by industry consolidation so I was unsure if the reliability would still be there. Many of the "pros" around will tell you that it's lesser quality equipment than Trane, Lennox, Carrier, etc. but my own research shows that many of Keeprites standard units use the highly regarded Copeland Scroll Compressor (vs. a typical reciprocating compressor) which you typically only find in higher end units of their competitors. Keeprite doesn't have a dealer network so just about any Joe with a contractor's license can purchase and install one. The upside is that prices can be lower. The downside is that the Joe you get to install it could be a rank amateur.

Date created: 2010-06-04 Name: S. Bernard

"Poor Support"
Customer support has proved itself absolutely terrible. I'd be happy to provide copies of e-mails from some support flunky that shows he knows nothing about the products he's to help the customer with. I'll be very surprised if there's even a response for these comments. I will be posting the e-mails in question absolutely everywhere I can.

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: Bob Hopkinson
Location: Toronto, Canada

"2 ton keeprite central air conditioner"
We purchased a Keeprite central A/C from Sears Canada in 1975 and it is still running well. As of May 2010, we have had virtually no problems with the same. We live in Toronto, Ontario and experience very warm summers. We know that this unit has served us well, however we feel that it may soon expire, probably during a heat wave and therefore are doing our home work to know what next to buy. I have reviewed the furnace compare website and can't find any worthy products with good repair histories to replace our unit. Any worth while suggestions?