Consumer Reviews of Keeprite central air conditioners

Read more about Keeprite central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-06-16 Name: Ruth Mills
Location: Pembroke, Ontario, Canada

"Not working most of the time and this is since the day I bought it."
You asked the question--what do I not like about this air conditioner? I don't like that it doesn't work and your guys are inept at finding the problem. Bought it new 16 years ago and it has never worked right. It wants to start, but can't. Sometimes it goes and other times not. Seems like a charging problem but then I wouldn't know. As far as I am concerned this should have been dealt with under warranty. Very frustrated as my husband has health issues and needs it for his breathing. Guess he is out of luck. Right now it is 30 C and of course, it's not working again. I have been dealing with this insanity for 16 years.

Date created: 2014-09-05 Name: S anta
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada

"Waiting for parts"
Have an ac unit for just over two years and three components die. One part has to come from States. Five Business days and counting. With heat wave, it's 30 degrees in my house. Never again, Keeprite. Should be Keepwrong!!!!!

Date created: 2013-05-24 Name: Bill Macaulay
Location: Toronto Canada

"R-410A Split System Air Conditioner"
Do not in way buy KeepRite a/c had this one for three years and lucky if it`s ran a month without needing service (which is now becoming harder to get). Constantly leaking refrigerant, and from day 1 has been a lemon. Every time it`s turned on it needs refrigerant. Call to installer, yes we`ll put you on our list for service and we`ll get there sometime.

Date created: 2013-04-21 Name: C. Peri
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

"Don't Buy Keeprite, No-one helps with a problem"
We did a large addition. Our HVAC contractor and family friend suggested Keeprite; he was not a newbie (triple threat certified electric, gas fit and plumber). We said "OK". Furnace is a two stage unit and is great but the a/c broke after 5 years of service. My contractor friend had passed away since install. I looked for a Keeprite dealer to help when our a/c went down. They all wanted to tear it out and start new, even their dealers were trying to switch brands on us. They all wanted to sell us again instead of fixing our problem. When I asked Keeprite direct for help, i.e. send me someone to repair unit, they turned their back saying their warranty did not apply to seal failures on condenser; too bad, so sad. Well, this is no way to maintain a brand. Crappy service means no confidence in the product. ITW sold to United Technologies. Hope they do better.

Date created: 2012-08-19 Name: d. chapel
Location: powerview,pinefalls, mb

"Central air and furnace"
Very satisfied Keeprite was put in 1978 no problems. Today I hear noise like a bearing, turned fan by hand seems ok ???

Date created: 2012-05-23 Name: Disgruntled
Location: Markham, On.

"Don't expect it to last much past the the warranty"
We purchased a new furnace and air conditioner 9 years ago, both with standard 5 year warranties. Last year, after 7 years we had problems with both the furnace and air conditioner. Now after 8 years the air conditioner is done and leaking coolant. There is no guarantee of finding the leak and the process is costly so we are burdened with replacing the entire air conditioning system. You'd think an air conditioning unit would last longer than 8 years. I've done research and needless to say I'm not impressed with Keeprite nor any of the other consumer bands on the market.

Date created: 2011-10-05 Name: s smith
Location: Brantford, ontario

"22 years and counting!"
Came across this site as looking for furnace however couldn't pass up opportunity to pass on my experience with our Keeprite Air conditioner. It's old but have had no problems at all with it and it is still keeping us cool!

Date created: 2011-09-06 Name: Juergen Mueller
Location: Kamloops, Britixh

"Pray it never breaks down or you have to get parts"
The best time to determine whether equipment is worth buying is when it breaks down and has to be replaced or repaired during the warranty period. Keeprite fails this test with flying colors. We had our unit for less than a year and only used it for about a month when it was determined that there was a pinhole in the condenser coil outside. It was determined that this was a factory defect. Rather than replacing the entire unit which should have been done, Keeprite would do no more than authorize replacement of the condenser, even though the compressor has been compromised by being run with no Freon in the system. To add insult to injury it has been almost three weeks and the part has still not arrived. Apparently is in stuck in Customs. Word of advice if you live in Canada is don't buy Keeprite!

Date created: 2011-05-29 Name: K. Pellegrino
Location: Monmouth County, NJ

"It Must Be Almost 40 Years Old and it's STILL Goin'"
In 1999, when my parents moved into this house, the unit was deemed to be 25 to 30 years old by the HVAC tech that serviced it that year. Yes, it should be replaced with an energy efficient unit and this is the year for that new unit. My point is the quality of this Keeprite unit cannot be denied. I only hope that as a previous reviewer stated "they have also been affected by industry consolidation so I was unsure if the reliability would still be there". I certainly hope the reliability is as good and will be looking for the "highly regarded Copeland Scroll Compressor (vs. a typical reciprocating compressor) which you typically only find in higher end units of their competitors" that was also mentioned.

Date created: 2011-03-29 Name: Jean L
Location: Ottawa, ON

"Satisfied so far"
We bought this brand without much research just because it is cheap. But luckily, it has been there for 6 years. We never had any problem with it. Is it just lucky?