Consumer Reviews of Keeprite central air conditioners

Read more about Keeprite central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-09-20 Name: Ron
Location: Hamilton, Ontario

"Impossible to get parts"
My air conditioner broke down last month after 6 years of service (one would think equipment like an air conditioner would last longer than 6 years). I was told parts are not available in Canada. It seems it takes forever for parts to arrive because parts are still not here yet. I won't recommend buying any equipment from this brand if someone is looking to replace their old equipment.

Date created: 2018-09-18 Name: KJT

"Waiting for parts"
I have been waiting for parts for over a month (it needs to come from the states). Summer is almost over. Buy some brands that are more reliable.
Date created: 2017-08-14 Name: Carl
Location: Brantford, Ontario

"Best ever made"
I bought my home in 2009 and the big green monster keeprite came with it installed when the house was built in the 80'S. I had it serviced and nothing was wrong. Over the years just yearly washing of the fins were required or it would sound like a bad bearing noise. In 2015 I had a HVAC install a new furnace and I was considering replacing the unit. He inspected it and said other than saving a few dollars a year the big square green units were the best air conditioners ever made. Don't get rid of it. That was 2 years ago and still going strong.
Date created: 2016-06-16 Name: Ruth Mills
Location: Pembroke, Ontario, Canada

"Not working most of the time and this is since the day I bought it."
You asked the question--what do I not like about this air conditioner? I don't like that it doesn't work and your guys are inept at finding the problem. Bought it new 16 years ago and it has never worked right. It wants to start, but can't. Sometimes it goes and other times not. Seems like a charging problem but then I wouldn't know. As far as I am concerned this should have been dealt with under warranty. Very frustrated as my husband has health issues and needs it for his breathing. Guess he is out of luck. Right now it is 30 C and of course, it's not working again. I have been dealing with this insanity for 16 years.
Date created: 2014-09-05 Name: S anta
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada

"Waiting for parts"
Have an ac unit for just over two years and three components die. One part has to come from States. Five Business days and counting. With heat wave, it's 30 degrees in my house. Never again, Keeprite. Should be Keepwrong!!!!!
Date created: 2013-05-24 Name: Bill Macaulay
Location: Toronto Canada

"R-410A Split System Air Conditioner"
Do not in way buy KeepRite a/c had this one for three years and lucky if it`s ran a month without needing service (which is now becoming harder to get). Constantly leaking refrigerant, and from day 1 has been a lemon. Every time it`s turned on it needs refrigerant. Call to installer, yes we`ll put you on our list for service and we`ll get there sometime.
Date created: 2013-04-21 Name: C. Peri
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

"Don't Buy Keeprite, No-one helps with a problem"
We did a large addition. Our HVAC contractor and family friend suggested Keeprite; he was not a newbie (triple threat certified electric, gas fit and plumber). We said "OK". Furnace is a two stage unit and is great but the a/c broke after 5 years of service. My contractor friend had passed away since install. I looked for a Keeprite dealer to help when our a/c went down. They all wanted to tear it out and start new, even their dealers were trying to switch brands on us. They all wanted to sell us again instead of fixing our problem. When I asked Keeprite direct for help, i.e. send me someone to repair unit, they turned their back saying their warranty did not apply to seal failures on condenser; too bad, so sad. Well, this is no way to maintain a brand. Crappy service means no confidence in the product. ITW sold to United Technologies. Hope they do better.
Date created: 2012-08-19 Name: d. chapel
Location: powerview,pinefalls, mb

"Central air and furnace"
Very satisfied Keeprite was put in 1978 no problems. Today I hear noise like a bearing, turned fan by hand seems ok ???
Date created: 2012-05-23 Name: Disgruntled
Location: Markham, On.

"Don't expect it to last much past the the warranty"
We purchased a new furnace and air conditioner 9 years ago, both with standard 5 year warranties. Last year, after 7 years we had problems with both the furnace and air conditioner. Now after 8 years the air conditioner is done and leaking coolant. There is no guarantee of finding the leak and the process is costly so we are burdened with replacing the entire air conditioning system. You'd think an air conditioning unit would last longer than 8 years. I've done research and needless to say I'm not impressed with Keeprite nor any of the other consumer bands on the market.
Date created: 2011-10-05 Name: s smith
Location: Brantford, ontario

"22 years and counting!"
Came across this site as looking for furnace however couldn't pass up opportunity to pass on my experience with our Keeprite Air conditioner. It's old but have had no problems at all with it and it is still keeping us cool!