Consumer Reviews of JANITROL central air conditioners

Read more about JANITROL central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-03-17 Name: J. Lunsford
Location: Texas

I would not recommend this unit. The first one had to be replaced in just under 2 years of installation. It was under warranty, but I had to pay the $300 installation fee. The second one lasted from May 2003 until August 2007. We are already having to replace the fan motor on this unit. Even though it is under warranty we have to pay the installation fee again. Do not buy this product

Date created: 2007-09-07 Name: a.wiley
Location: chesterfield,va

Ive had my janitol ac system installed in a new less then 2 years ago and only to find out I have a bad compressor for this unit. I would have thought that this unit would have a service repair plan that came with the 5 year replacement parts for this item. Who would ever think of having to pay for someone to reinstall an item from having faulty equipment.
Date created: 2007-07-15 Name: E. Cole
Location: Ogden, Utah

I have had nothing but problems with this product since the day it was installed. The money I have spent on repairs I could have a bought a huge system. I am in the process of putting in a different system and will never look at Janitrol again.
Date created: 2007-07-13 Name: Joe Schmidt
Location: Minneapolis MN

We recieved one of these from a seller's homewarranty. Junk. Junk. Junk. In six years, four service calls on the fan and finally catastrophic compressor failure. The home warranty had a $350 deductable and the warranty did not cover the labor after 90 days. $100 for three visits. We wanted to upgrade from this off-brand but the warranty did not allow it. $650 later, we should have just said forget it.
Date created: 2006-07-19 Years owned: 5

Janitrol AC Model #CK49 1B died in less than 5 years and I can't get warranty assistance.