Consumer Reviews of JANITROL central air conditioners

Read more about JANITROL central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-07-14 Name: Arleen Diaz

"Home Owner"
Janitrol is a piece of junk. I am so disappointed in their product and their customer service. The compressor on my unit went after only 6 years. Mind you that I maintain the unit I have to coils cleaned and I replace the filter once a month. I keep the outside unit clean and free of debris. It made no difference. I would not recommend Jannitorl or Goodman to anyone. Stick with the companies that you know. I was talked into this by the ac guy that installed and I regret it. junk junk junk!!!

Date created: 2009-07-09 Name: R Christy

"Air conditioner continous problems"
We purchase 2 units exactly alike and one unit we have had nothing but trouble since the beginning. The other unit has been fine. The biggest problem also being the dealer that sold us the unit has gone out of business. We are using another repairman, and they do not know what has originally been replaced and the original problem. We had the compressor go out in the first year. Every year we turn the air conditioner on it seems it freezes up and leaks freon. Would I buy another unit, absolutely not.

Date created: 2009-06-16 Name: C. Brookins

"Inherited Unit with few problems"
Best we can tell since faceplate is worn is unit was put in with furnace in 1987 making it 22 years-old. We purchased house in 2003 so have had experience with it for 6 years. Maintenance service every 2 years since that time. ac Capacitor changed in 2007. Appears to be freon leak now but still working well if not very cold. Considering replacing with a Goodman whom salesperson says is the manufacturer of the Janitrol.

Date created: 2009-06-12 Name: T Hamm

Compressor failed on ac unit at my 4 yo home. Junk!

Date created: 2009-05-21 Name: K Clark

"KC"
Our Janitrol was installed when the house was built. We are considering getting a new unit just because we know that the current one will eventually give up. However, even without servicing our Janitrol has always been faithful every summer.

Date created: 2009-05-08 Name: Jeff G.

"Janitrol Good for Me"
Had Janitrol for 13 years and never had a problem. They say it is all in the installation and installing an inexpensive unit correctly apparently can do better than an expensive bad install.

Date created: 2009-03-26 Name: JANITROL

"Janitrol Air Condition unit"
I purchased this house in 2006 with a 3 ton Janitrol. I have noticed that then the temperature reached about 74 in the summer the a/c doesn't cut off but temp slowly starts to rise inside. Will not kick off until around midnight after it has finally cooled the house back down. It's been serviced and I have been told adequate cool air is coming out at the check points, freon has been added but there's never a change. Previous owner had a very large great room added on upstairs which took the total square footage to approximately 1800 feet. Is it possible a 3 ton is not enough?

Date created: 2009-03-08 Name: MISSY R.
Location: Sandston, VA

"MISSY R."
3 years ago I bought a one year old house with with dual ac, (janitrol) within the first 2 months the upstairs compressor stopped working and had to be replaced it was only 1 year old, then a few months later more repairs, since I have lived in this house every summer the ac has to be repaired 3 or 4 times a summer, I just found out today my upstairs ac is not working again I am so frustrated, I lived im my old house for 9 years had a carrier and never even had it serviced or had any problems.

Date created: 2008-12-29 Name: john smith

"Janitrol short life"
I have had this unit a little over 5 years but have moved out of the house for a year and a half while it was for sale. So the unit is actually about 4 years old and needs about $1800.00 in repairs. Never had a unit fail in such a short time. I would definitely not recommend it.

Date created: 2008-09-08 Name: Rob
Location: Portsmouth, VA

"JANITROL THE WORST AC UNIT EVER"
I have had this unit for only 5 years and all I get is a bunch of "hot air" when it comes to quality of this unit. My AC has had to have at 3 or 4 repair or diagnostics. Take my advice.... Spend more money for a better unit. I am