Consumer Reviews of JANITROL central air conditioners

Read more about JANITROL central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-08-18 Name: C. Normand
Location: Alabama

"Installing for 28 years, No Problems"
As a contractor in hvac in Alabama, I wanted to own what I installed. I installed a Janitrol 28 years ago and it ran no problem for 12 years before I ever did anything to it. I had to replace a capacitor due to lightning strike. 8 years after that, I finally replaced the whole unit which was still running. I wanted to upgrade to a higher efficiency unit. I went with Janitrol of course. Most problems people have with any unit is due to the installer, not the equipment. Janitrol still has the best warranty in the business.

Date created: 2009-07-29 Name: Mike

"Janitrol has had peoblems"
I am doing this for my neighbor,he has a Janitrol 4 ton outdoor unit,that has problems,first off the A-Coil leaks freon,(R-22)2nd the compressor is failing,it Still hasent kicked the can yet,but it will.
Date created: 2009-07-21 Name: Kevin Sowers

"Basic unit, not good not bad"
I have 3.5 ton unit on house that was 5 yrs old when I purchased it, and I have had it 7 years now. Found leaks at service valves, condenser fan motor failed at year 3, so I replaced it (myself) for $123. Compressor run capacitor blew at year 5, and I changed it (myself) for $12. Discovered a 50uF 370v capacitor works better than original 40uf 440v did. Reduced my amp draw almost 6 amps!! Unit started developing high head press, and I drilled out expansion valve orifice. Works better than ever!
Date created: 2009-07-21 Name: D. Chavez

"NOT HAPPY"
My "Janitrol" doesn't seem to keep up. It runs all day and half of the night.
Date created: 2009-07-14 Name: Arleen Diaz

"Home Owner"
Janitrol is a piece of junk. I am so disappointed in their product and their customer service. The compressor on my unit went after only 6 years. Mind you that I maintain the unit I have to coils cleaned and I replace the filter once a month. I keep the outside unit clean and free of debris. It made no difference. I would not recommend Jannitorl or Goodman to anyone. Stick with the companies that you know. I was talked into this by the ac guy that installed and I regret it. junk junk junk!!!
Date created: 2009-07-09 Name: R Christy

"Air conditioner continous problems"
We purchase 2 units exactly alike and one unit we have had nothing but trouble since the beginning. The other unit has been fine. The biggest problem also being the dealer that sold us the unit has gone out of business. We are using another repairman, and they do not know what has originally been replaced and the original problem. We had the compressor go out in the first year. Every year we turn the air conditioner on it seems it freezes up and leaks freon. Would I buy another unit, absolutely not.
Date created: 2009-06-16 Name: C. Brookins

"Inherited Unit with few problems"
Best we can tell since faceplate is worn is unit was put in with furnace in 1987 making it 22 years-old. We purchased house in 2003 so have had experience with it for 6 years. Maintenance service every 2 years since that time. ac Capacitor changed in 2007. Appears to be freon leak now but still working well if not very cold. Considering replacing with a Goodman whom salesperson says is the manufacturer of the Janitrol.
Date created: 2009-06-12 Name: T Hamm

Compressor failed on ac unit at my 4 yo home. Junk!
Date created: 2009-05-21 Name: K Clark

"KC"
Our Janitrol was installed when the house was built. We are considering getting a new unit just because we know that the current one will eventually give up. However, even without servicing our Janitrol has always been faithful every summer.
Date created: 2009-05-08 Name: Jeff G.

"Janitrol Good for Me"
Had Janitrol for 13 years and never had a problem. They say it is all in the installation and installing an inexpensive unit correctly apparently can do better than an expensive bad install.