Consumer Reviews of JANITROL central air conditioners

Read more about JANITROL central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-08-13 Name: A. Urban
Location: Baltimore,MD

"Quality workmanship !"
I've had a Janitrol unit for 24 year it has finally broke down! The unit was installed correctly using the proper nitrogen charged when brazed ,purged, cleaned, and vacuumed ! no matter what type of ac you chose the real deal is who installs it, you can tell who's who? By the way he let's freon go into the system ! turning can upside down , slugs the compressor duh ? Fast Eddie costs you money. Pick your unit but chose a Qualified technician to do it right! Once !

Date created: 2011-09-29 Name: JTB

"AWESOME UNIT"
I purchased this Janitrol unit and had it installed in 1991 and I have had only one service call, last year. I am in need of replacing my furnace and I want to replace the a/c unit as well and will try to replace with a new Janitrol unit. I hope they are the same quality units they were in the early 90'S.
Date created: 2011-03-30 Name: Nash
Location: Brownsvill TN

"JANITROLS"
Good units that need to bring than back JANITROLS OR THE BEST BRAND AFER
Date created: 2010-09-13 Name: H. Mcneil
Location: miramar fl

"Please don't buy or accept this product"
This unit came with my house brand new in june 2004. within the first year i had to call for repairs.every year since then i have had one problem or another. this is now 2010 and to date i have had 3 new compressors including the one it came with. the last compressor lasted 2 days. now i'm told that i need a complete new unit. you can bet it won't be janitrol.
Date created: 2010-09-01 Name: Joyce Saviak
Location: Semmes Alabama

"BOUGHT A LEMON"
We replaced a Janitrol AC 8 years ago that had been in services for at least 17 years. The coil failed in the first year and has failed every year since. We have had 7 coils which requires the entire unit be pulled out and reinstalled each time. Our AC closet looks like trash and the manufacturer is telling us this is on us. If we pay for it this time, they will give us a 2 year warrant on the coil. Big Deal. This is a Lemon. I would never recommend anyone else have to go thru this.We had to install window units go get thru the down time. We are down again and have to decide whether or not to replace it at our own expense. The heater was installed 2 years later and is great. The new AC has to be compatible but I cannot fathom installing a new Janitrol. We have been told "nobody else" has this kind of problem and it must be something we are doing wrong. Running our AC unit?
Date created: 2010-08-06 Name: Barbara Thomas

"AC/Heat Pump"
4 yrs old and a pc of crap! Can anyone give me a contact number for the manufacturer? [email protected]
Date created: 2010-08-02 Name: BJ

"Don't Buy!!"
We were told in 2003 that a 13 Seer system was put in. System has had freon added 4-5 times so far and we were told last month that our unit is nearly the end of it's life! We found out the system was just a 10 Seer (of course, it's not on the paperwork!) Schmitt ac in Hudson Florida are scammers!
Date created: 2010-07-10 Name: Rodney Jones

"Verry lettle maintance"
It has held up well.
Date created: 2010-05-27 Name: Gary Sneide

"Good service!"
I put this 2-ton, 13 seer unit in 12 years ago after buying a fixer- upper home. I chose Janitrol/Goodman for its low cost, as the house needed many costly repairs. I have had just one maintenance call in all that time. Hasn't leaked any freon. For those who have had problems with Janitrol/Goodman, your problems most likely are due to poor system design, incorrect installation practices, or lack of proper maintenance.
Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: R. Bowman
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada

"Janitrol AC 23 years old still running"
I actually bought this house 10 years ago. The Janitrol Central Air unit was installed for original owners in May 1987. It cools just as well as the day it was made. Once and a while it fails to shut off when thermostat reaches pre set temp, and it keeps on cooling. I've had it lower house temp to 61 once when it was 88 outside. To my knowledge, it has never needed repairs, although I should have this issue of not shutting off checked. We have plenty of 90 plus humid days most summers here in southern Ontario, Canada.