Consumer Reviews of JANITROL central air conditioners

Read more about JANITROL central air conditioners

Date created: 2015-09-01 Name: Bert
Location: Pennsylvania

"The UN-Dependable Ninety Two"
I bought a house 10 years ago with two Janitrol "The Dependable Ninety Two" units in it, one for each side of the house. There hasn't been a single season yet (summer or winter) where we haven't had to spend several hundred dollars to repair one or the other of them. (They were installed in 2003 and 2004). The only thing "Dependable" with these pieces of excrement is that one of them is going to cost us a car payment every 6-12 months. They're absolute junk. I wouldn't put Janitrol/Goodman units in any property I ever own even if they were free, and I will never buy another house heated/cooled by a Janitrol/Goodman unit. After 10 years I could've paid for new unit(s) just with what I've spent on repairs.

Date created: 2013-09-27 Name: J. Todd
Location: Milton, FL

"Janitrol AC/Heat Unit Installed in 1973"
Two days ago, I was proactive and had my Janitrol AC/heat unit replaced. It was still working fine but after I found it was installed 40 years ago, I decided to update. I just wanted to give credit due for a product that has served well to three prior owners of this home and for the past 10 years for me.

Date created: 2013-08-07 Name: Robert
Location: Missouri

"Not As Efficient"
My Janitrol has been running since the early 90s. It is not a high efficiency but when you consider new air conditioners only lasting 10 years and a one time warranty. I guess I can call mine a reliable efficiency unit.

Date created: 2013-07-05 Name: Debra
Location: Ca

"Unit Still Running Since 1991"
I bought a new home with this unit AC in 1991. Have never had anything replaced in unit. Same compressor, same condenser, same capacitor, and contactor. Just recently replaced the insulation on refrige line. The old was crumbly and partially missing. It has never been charged. I think after 22 years of faithful duty in California hot summers, I have had a dependable unit!

Date created: 2013-06-30 Name: Jack
Location: Chelmsford, MA

"Janitrol 5 - Ton Unit in 1992"
Never had a problem with this unit, was still operating fine when we moved out in '09. Never needed service. Quiet (right outside kitchen window, and the turn-on house air flow was louder). Still maintained 27-28 degree temperature differential. Kept house as cool as you want, no matter the temperature, humidity or load (house full of guests). Installation cost was $2,200. Great product.

Date created: 2013-03-08 Name: Pmoore
Location: Satellite Beach, Florida

"Good Value"
I just replaced my 10 year old Janitrol system because the outside unit rusted completely away & fell apart but was still running!. I'm not complaining thou. We live near the beach in Florida and have to deal with salt air corrosion on a constant basis. Had no trouble the whole time, had to replace good inside unit cause new unit is r410 refrigerant & old one was freon. Still worked great thou. Hope the new Goodman is just as reliable!

Date created: 2012-08-13 Name: A. Urban
Location: Baltimore,MD

"Quality workmanship !"
I've had a Janitrol unit for 24 year it has finally broke down! The unit was installed correctly using the proper nitrogen charged when brazed ,purged, cleaned, and vacuumed ! no matter what type of ac you chose the real deal is who installs it, you can tell who's who? By the way he let's freon go into the system ! turning can upside down , slugs the compressor duh ? Fast Eddie costs you money. Pick your unit but chose a Qualified technician to do it right! Once !

Date created: 2011-09-29 Name: JTB

"AWESOME UNIT"
I purchased this Janitrol unit and had it installed in 1991 and I have had only one service call, last year. I am in need of replacing my furnace and I want to replace the a/c unit as well and will try to replace with a new Janitrol unit. I hope they are the same quality units they were in the early 90'S.

Date created: 2011-03-30 Name: Nash
Location: Brownsvill TN

"JANITROLS"
Good units that need to bring than back JANITROLS OR THE BEST BRAND AFER

Date created: 2010-09-13 Name: H. Mcneil
Location: miramar fl

"Please don't buy or accept this product"
This unit came with my house brand new in june 2004. within the first year i had to call for repairs.every year since then i have had one problem or another. this is now 2010 and to date i have had 3 new compressors including the one it came with. the last compressor lasted 2 days. now i'm told that i need a complete new unit. you can bet it won't be janitrol.