Consumer Reviews of Islandaire central air conditioners

Read more about Islandaire central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-07-28 Name: elle
Location: ny,ny

"Islandaire thru-wall air conditioner and heater unit"
Don't buy from this company. Cheap units that constantly break-down and then zero customer service from Islandaire. They don't return phone calls or emails. Honestly don't know what these people are doing all day for their paychecks. The receptionist is the only person that answers the phone and she tries to get you to call the installer ..... only after persistent insistence does she transfer to voicemail of phantom service people. Have 2 units less than 2 years old, both of which have needed multiple repairs. Are extremely loud. One constantly has water leak despite repairs. One has constant thermostat issues in which it thinks it's colder by 10 degrees than it actually is despite repairs. After 13 months, compressor went out in both units. Have used different service companies to make sure original service contractor wasn't the issue - they weren't.. It's the Islandaire piece of crap merchandise that's the problem. Stay away from this company.

Date created: 2014-07-10 Name: Pam Hill
Location: Thornton, CO

"Leaks in closed loop system, fan breaks"
Purchased 100+ units in 2011. Fan blades are brittle and break-these they covered under warranty. Closed loop freon system leaks in 30+ units (and still counting....), they will not cover. $445 per unit to repair. After being in business for 20 years I expect better. The company we called to purchase a different ptac from said let me guess - it's the fans. Would not recommend.

Date created: 2012-05-26 Name: G. Huang
Location: New York

The fan stopped working right after the 12 months warranty ended. Almost every owner in my condo building complained about their units. The fan is too laud and one owner had a gas leak.

Date created: 2011-08-07 Name: Joe Nagrano
Location: Downtown - NYC

"Islandaire Air Conditioners Suck"
I spent $2,000 on a Islandaire 18,000 btu air conditioner and it never worked. I got it through Norwest. The unit does not cool, it vibrates and is very loud. The company and the reseller have done nothing. Norwest Air Conditioning and Islandaire have left me holding the bag. They stalled so the warranty would wear out and I got stuck with the thing. Do not buy Islandaire air conditions.

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: Vessi

"Worst company"
This is the worst company. I ordered a sleeve in April. Currently is middle of September and I still do not have it. Last time I spoke with the sales person he told me that they have quite a few 6 months old cases.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Vlad

"Model EZ RM"
The worst ac. Seven units were installed in our building and 4 failed in one-two years (fans on the condensers). Customer be aware!