Consumer Reviews of Islandaire central air conditioners

Read more about Islandaire central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-04-26 Name: Lawrence G Morano
Location: Pennsylvania

"Unable to receive a call back"
After leaving several messages over three days in order to purchase up to 60 units over several years that are listed on their site, which would have fit the existing in-wall size of the units being replaced with no call backs, I have just decide to move my client to another brand that will require additional work to decrease opening size but responded on 1st call. Service is everything in the business, which some of their employees have not learned. This is their loss since my client has over 70 buildings and is in transition to update buildings. I hope they get their act together, this lead had zero advertising cost and could have enabled on-going sales?

Date created: 2016-12-08 Name: Johnson
Location: Florida

"Fraudulent owner- rip off"
Absolute fraudulent owner- running this company. Tell you whatever to sell & no follow-through. Absolute sociopath, Pathological liar, fraudulent owner of this company. Stay away- run away & spend your money at a more honest, quality ac company. Worst product & awful company owner.

Date created: 2016-08-30 Name: Jeremy Lang
Location: New York City, NY

"Poor warranty coverage"
Islandaire delivered a unit with the incorrect fan and incorrect aquastat. They replaced the fan with a fan of the wrong voltage, that failed. Finally put the specified fan in and 6 months later the condenser fan failed. I have a $950 bill to fix a unit that was only "whole" 6 months ago, and Islandaire says the warranty does not apply. They won't even supply the new fan. I have 4 other PTAC's from them and all are substandard. Stay away!

Date created: 2016-06-17 Name: PISSED OFF BECAUSE OF RIPPOFF
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Burn your money instead (it makes pretty colours)"
My building had over 150 air conditioning and heat pump units replaced with Islandair heat/air conditioning pumps 6 years ago. Average cost was around $3000 Canadian, Most have been junked at this time of writing. Do not buy this product.

Date created: 2016-04-01 Name: Jim Van
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Run away, run away now"
Installed July 7th 2014. Burned out February 2016. No support. Absolute junk. Built in the USA. American quality. Must I say more?

Date created: 2015-11-06 Name: Sam S.
Location: New York, NY

"Worst product and service ever!"
I bought two units a year ago to replace my McQuay units. Thought I was saving money. Both units break down often, very noisy and shut down during the winter when the temperature goes below 25 degrees. And to add insult to injury, their service/warranty is even worse. Avoid this product and company at all costs.

Date created: 2015-07-07 Name: A. Ting
Location: New York, NY

"Worst company ever!"
Bought a unit less than a year ago. The unit leaked onto my wood floors, causing them to buckle. Now the unit will not go below 74 degrees and it's the middle of summer. I called numerous time but was only given the run around. I was finally referred to Diamond Ice, their alleged warranty/repair company who confirmed the unit was broken after they had already sent a company out there who initially said the unit was broken. After Diamond Ice said they would get it replaced, I was then told to contact the original sales person. I will be suing for the cost of the unit and my damaged floors. There are other companies that manufacture hard-to-find unit sizes. Please do not feel that you have to use this company and be bamboozled like the rest of us.

Date created: 2015-01-21 Name: Gary
Location: Ottawa, Canada

"Replacement Chrysler unit"
As a contractor, after searching everywhere for a replacement for the Chrysler two-piece ptac and finding nothing out there, I was fortunate enough to locate replacements through Islandaire. The installation went well, the customer is satisfied and I found the support provided by the manufacturer to be excellent. Given my experience with the product and the company, and my customer's level of satisfaction, I would not hesitate to recommend the product to future customers.

Date created: 2015-01-14 Name: jbs
Location: Mount Vernon

"Worst product"
What you think you save with the purchase of these units, you spend on service technicians who can't fix the problem or get the parts. I am stuck with over 160 Islandaire PTAC units. They give us nothing but trouble and aggravation. Spend your money on a better product. Islandaire truly sucks.

Date created: 2014-11-13 Name: Cullen
Location: New York

"Good quality AC"
It's quiet and going strong after five years. I maintain it every year so maybe that's why I've had a better experience than others. I would get another if this one died.