Consumer Reviews of Islandaire central air conditioners

Read more about Islandaire central air conditioners

• EZ (9 reviews)

Date created: 2015-07-07 Name: A. Ting
Location: New York, NY

"Worst company ever!"
Bought a unit less than a year ago. The unit leaked onto my wood floors, causing them to buckle. Now the unit will not go below 74 degrees and it's the middle of summer. I called numerous time but was only given the run around. I was finally referred to Diamond Ice, their alleged warranty/repair company who confirmed the unit was broken after they had already sent a company out there who initially said the unit was broken. After Diamond Ice said they would get it replaced, I was then told to contact the original sales person. I will be suing for the cost of the unit and my damaged floors. There are other companies that manufacture hard-to-find unit sizes. Please do not feel that you have to use this company and be bamboozled like the rest of us.

Date created: 2015-01-21 Name: Gary
Location: Ottawa, Canada

"Replacement Chrysler unit"
As a contractor, after searching everywhere for a replacement for the Chrysler two-piece ptac and finding nothing out there, I was fortunate enough to locate replacements through Islandaire. The installation went well, the customer is satisfied and I found the support provided by the manufacturer to be excellent. Given my experience with the product and the company, and my customer's level of satisfaction, I would not hesitate to recommend the product to future customers.

Date created: 2015-01-14 Name: jbs
Location: Mount Vernon

"Worst product"
What you think you save with the purchase of these units, you spend on service technicians who can't fix the problem or get the parts. I am stuck with over 160 Islandaire PTAC units. They give us nothing but trouble and aggravation. Spend your money on a better product. Islandaire truly sucks.

Date created: 2014-11-13 Name: Cullen
Location: New York

"Good quality AC"
It's quiet and going strong after five years. I maintain it every year so maybe that's why I've had a better experience than others. I would get another if this one died.

Date created: 2014-07-28 Name: elle
Location: ny,ny

"Islandaire thru-wall air conditioner and heater unit"
Don't buy from this company. Cheap units that constantly break-down and then zero customer service from Islandaire. They don't return phone calls or emails. Honestly don't know what these people are doing all day for their paychecks. The receptionist is the only person that answers the phone and she tries to get you to call the installer ..... only after persistent insistence does she transfer to voicemail of phantom service people. Have 2 units less than 2 years old, both of which have needed multiple repairs. Are extremely loud. One constantly has water leak despite repairs. One has constant thermostat issues in which it thinks it's colder by 10 degrees than it actually is despite repairs. After 13 months, compressor went out in both units. Have used different service companies to make sure original service contractor wasn't the issue - they weren't.. It's the Islandaire piece of crap merchandise that's the problem. Stay away from this company.

Date created: 2014-07-10 Name: Pam Hill
Location: Thornton, CO

"Leaks in closed loop system, fan breaks"
Purchased 100+ units in 2011. Fan blades are brittle and break-these they covered under warranty. Closed loop freon system leaks in 30+ units (and still counting....), they will not cover. $445 per unit to repair. After being in business for 20 years I expect better. The company we called to purchase a different ptac from said let me guess - it's the fans. Would not recommend.

Date created: 2014-01-30 Name: Burned by Islandaire
Location: Amherst, NH

"Islandaire Horrible Experience"
I made the mistake of buying an Islandaire ptac in 2011, a through-the- wall combination air conditioner and heater, the kind you see in motels and lower price hotels. It never made it one full year without repairs. First it melted itself, then it wouldn't cool. Then the fan shaft assembly broke. I had to threaten to sue them to get them to replace it under warranty. Then the new replacement unit started breaking down right after the warranty expired. I finally bit the bullet and junked it last year and bought a new Amana. This was a very expensive mistake. All of this is true and I have the documentation to prove it. Do yourself a favor and do not buy, it is absolute junk.

Date created: 2012-05-26 Name: G. Huang
Location: New York

The fan stopped working right after the 12 months warranty ended. Almost every owner in my condo building complained about their units. The fan is too laud and one owner had a gas leak.

Date created: 2011-08-07 Name: Joe Nagrano
Location: Downtown - NYC

"Islandaire Air Conditioners Suck"
I spent $2,000 on a Islandaire 18,000 btu air conditioner and it never worked. I got it through Norwest. The unit does not cool, it vibrates and is very loud. The company and the reseller have done nothing. Norwest Air Conditioning and Islandaire have left me holding the bag. They stalled so the warranty would wear out and I got stuck with the thing. Do not buy Islandaire air conditions.

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: Vessi

"Worst company"
This is the worst company. I ordered a sleeve in April. Currently is middle of September and I still do not have it. Last time I spoke with the sales person he told me that they have quite a few 6 months old cases.