Consumer Reviews of International Comfort Products central air conditioners

Read more about International Comfort Products central air conditioners

Date created: 2019-07-18 Name: Shawnn Ward
Location: Florida

"Don't waste your money on their products"
I purchased a Grandaire not even three years ago. The module in the air handler went bad. The fan motor was fine. You can not purchase just a module (module is covered under warranty). You have to purchase a new motor to be used with a new module.

Date created: 2019-07-01 Name: Tim R.
Location: Houston, TX

"Warranty is nonexistent"
The blower motor went out in my air handle / ac. I called up to have the motor warranted, but they won't give me the time of day as the homeowner. I have to pay $300 to one of their dealers to replace a motor you can buy on eBay for $150. They won't even sell me a replacement motor at full retail price. What is the point of a warranty if it costs you more than buying a new one? I will never do business with these clowns again!
Date created: 2019-05-28 Name: GERALD R. CANIK
Location: Texas

"Don't Buy This AC"
I had 2 units installed in my home in Houston about 3 years ago. One has quit. I had another installed in another home 6 years ago and had to call service 4 times. The coils cannot handle the higher pressure of the new freon and are prone to leak. Do your research before you buy. I trusted a local friend and got burned.
Date created: 2019-05-20 Name: Jeff Ellis
Location: Jefferson, TX

"Run"
I bought a 25-ton commercial a/c unit less 4 years ago. I have had the compressors replaced two times, fan motor broke three times the evaporator coil has a huge hole in it. And the company says that is normal wear and tear.
Date created: 2019-04-17 Name: j. garner
Location: Lake Worth, FL

"Brand New Faulty product"
Had my new air conditioner installed on Oct 12, 2018. On April 11, after being away a couple of days, I came home to a flood in my house and garage. The Float Switch did not work to turn off the unit and caused a flood. I would think a new unit would have all the working parts. This issue has caused possible mold in my home, as well as fans and heaters to dry out my home. I have lived in many homes and never had this problem with old air conditioners. I spent all of this money to replace the old ac and had this big problem, which is causing a lot of grief to myself and my family. Does anyone really care! Let's see if I get an answer from the manufacturer.
Date created: 2018-11-02 Name: Prasad
Location: Tampa, FL

"Junk product"
This is a junk ac. Never buy this product. My ac repairman, Eddie in Tampa, installed this for almost for $6,500. I trusted Eddie. I think I got cheated. Ac unit failed in less than 6 months. I strongly recommend you return your ac and buy a brand name product. The dealer info on the product registration is shown as - AC Repairs, Inc., 1519 CAMPHOR COVE DR, LUTZ, FL, 33549 USA (813) 909-0809 [email protected]
Date created: 2018-07-08 Name: Tushar Patel
Location: Ontario

"Damage on Air Conditioner Compressor"
I purchased and installed from Unique Refrigeration & AC Company. I found damage on he air conditioner compressor product after installation.
Date created: 2018-05-28 Name: R. MOLL
Location: Lakeland, TN

"My Big Mistake"
First coil installed on April 8, 2011 (New). Second coil installed on March 26, 2012. Third coil installed on February 25, 2017. Fourth coil installed on ?????????? This unit is a piece of junk. What makes it so bad is the company won't reimburse you for the 410 and labor to change the coil out. Never seen so many defective coils.
Date created: 2017-07-11 Name: Bob Mosley
Location: Irvine, CA

"AC Horrible product"
Compressor went out after 13 months. Very difficult to get replacement compressor. Don't buy!!!
Date created: 2016-10-18 Name: A Sorondo
Location: Sanford, FL

"Poor customer service"
Poor customer service from ICP and ******-******. I purchased an ICP EcoTemp A/C unit, with a 10-year parts warranty, for our house in February, 2013. Last week, our A/C stopped blowing cold air, so I tried calling the installer, ******-****** from Debary, but was unable to contact them, as their phones were down. I then contacted another company that diagnosed the problem and replaced the run capacitor…a $40 part. I then contacted ICP directly to file a warranty claim for the capacitor and, after speaking with a customer service rep, I was transferred to Stephanie, a Senior Customer Service Rep. She explained to me, in a very defensive manner, that ICP had no obligation to honor the parts warranty, that was clearly stated on the bill of sale, as I was not an installer or distributor. I explained to her that I was unable to contact the installer, and explained to her that I just wanted a replacement part for the capacitor, so that I could have a spare in the event this problem happened again. She told me to call a qualified installer/dealer as they were the only ones that could file a warranty claim. Upon calling another qualified installer, they wanted to charge a service call and time/materials to “diagnose” the problem. I explained that the A/C was already fixed and I just wanted a replacement part for the capacitor…they still wanted to charge upwards of $200…for a $40 part. When I finally was able to reach ******-******, Brian became very adversarial and could not understand why I was bothering him for an issue that was already fixed and why I was hung up on a $40 part. I explained to him that I just wanted the part replaced under the 10-year parts warranty, and I would be happy to mail the defective part to him. He repeatedly asked me why I was so hung up on a $40 part, and I explained to him that I wanted to have a spare for future issues, which he said is likely to happen because capacitors go out all the time. In fact, he “carries a bunch of them in my truck because they go out so frequently”. It is sad that I spent over $4,000 for a unit that comes with a warranty that I am unable to use because of extremely poor customer service. ICP and ******-****** has lost a future customer, and anyone that asks me about an A/C unit…over a $40 part.