Consumer Reviews of Heil central air conditioners

Read more about Heil central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-09-05 Name: martha nguyen

"Out of gas"
This unit is not very old and it will not hold gas... it would seem that it should lastb longer than 8/10 years.....modle pgfo18k040a....

Date created: 2009-08-27 Name: Keith Rhodes

"Heil Junk"
Dont buy this junk..had my Heil unit for 5 years with 2 coils gone bad now having to spend $5,800 bucs to get a better brand unit.

Date created: 2009-08-17 Name: Mark

Have two units, one for the upstairs and one for the downstairs. Bought new when we built the house. Every year either the heil furnaces or heil air conditioners have broken and had to have major repairs. This time it is the fan motor for the actual air conditioner. Almost $600.00. You would think that something like the air conditioner would last longer than 4 years without major repairs.

Date created: 2009-08-16 Name: M. DeLong
Location: Northern Arkansas

"Heil Air Conditioner"
We bought this new house 2 years ago with a Heil air unit. The blower motor went out about 3 weeks ago, and the part still has not showed up. We keep getting stories from our air guy about the unavailability of the motor. One was suppose to be shipped from Tennessee (we live in northern Arkansas), and it was "lost" in shipping. Now, we are getting the only one in the United States (located in Houston) and should be received anytime. It has been hot here, and very uncomfortable. I can't believe this is essentially a new unit, the blower stops working, and we can't get one. I will never buy another house with one of these units.

Date created: 2009-07-14 Name: Dale Dabbs

"Dale Dabbs"
I had (2) Heil two stage units installed side by side last fall. This summer one of the units runs very loud & makes a strange sound. My a/c Co. says all is well but I can't stand the noise. What can I do for help?

Date created: 2009-06-28 Name: Thomas G. Smith

"Very satisfied with my Heil Central unit"
I cannot believe that my Heil central air unit is still functioning after 40 years. It is very gratifing to find something that just keeps on working with no maintainence except a yearly oiling.You are to be congratulated!

Date created: 2009-06-18 Name: Ernie Geiger
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada

"Heil air conditioner"
I was sold a heil air conditioner in the fall of 2007 from the dealer here in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan , Canada. Mr Scott Tessier of Tesseir mechanicals ltd. sold me this one and I am very unsatisfied with it, It hasn't worked since it was installed and I cant get anyone up here to fix it. Every time I phone Scott he never answers and when I block my name and number so he doesn't know whose calling then he answers. I have had 4 to 5 different guys that work for him up here to try and fix it and it has not run cool yet I moved into a mobile home and was told by Scott that this is a good one to have, so I bought it, had it installed and it hasn't worked yet. We went all last summer without and air conditioner and so far this year. and we can't get anyone up to check it, when you turn it on it blows only cool to warm air. and the thermostat in the house is down as far as it will go. what can I do. it is darn hot here, and without an air conditioner its terrible.

Date created: 2009-06-12 Name: Babz B.

"Can't get parts!"
The unit as worked fine,but after having it for "only" 6yrs. The parts have been discontinued!!! Most of the companys that service your unit won't guaranty having to use a universal part,so you have to get a new unit! Because I this I will never get a Heil product again!

Date created: 2009-05-28 Name: Howard

"No problems for 1almost 18 years"
Bought a 12 seer Quaker/Heil scroll type 4 ton (46,000 btu) a/c unit in Sept., 1991 (a premium high efficiency unit at the time). Works great and had no problems with the unit since it was installed. Just do regular cleaning of condenser coils and oil the fan motor.

Date created: 2009-05-06 Name: John

"Works Great"
I have had a Heil ac unit for a couple years now it really works great and it is very quite