Consumer Reviews of Heil central air conditioners

Read more about Heil central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-06-12 Name: Babz B.

"Can't get parts!"
The unit as worked fine,but after having it for "only" 6yrs. The parts have been discontinued!!! Most of the companys that service your unit won't guaranty having to use a universal part,so you have to get a new unit! Because I this I will never get a Heil product again!

Date created: 2009-05-28 Name: Howard

"No problems for 1almost 18 years"
Bought a 12 seer Quaker/Heil scroll type 4 ton (46,000 btu) a/c unit in Sept., 1991 (a premium high efficiency unit at the time). Works great and had no problems with the unit since it was installed. Just do regular cleaning of condenser coils and oil the fan motor.

Date created: 2009-05-06 Name: John

"Works Great"
I have had a Heil ac unit for a couple years now it really works great and it is very quite

Date created: 2009-04-30 Name: HEIL

"Consumer"
Our unit was installed last June 2007 so we have had it for less than a year. We turned it on in April and it was not working. All the coolant had run out and we had the person who installed it come back. Our person can't figure out what is wrong but put new coolant in it and got it working again. He now wants to return and do service costing in excess of 100.00. I do not understand how a unit that was used for only three months and less than 1 year old should already be broken. In the future I will not purchase any of this companies products.

Date created: 2009-04-08 Name: HEIL

"Heil system"
We have had our Heil ac and furnace for four years and have had no problems. Of course, I change filters montly, clean the condensing coils once a year, cover the condenser in winter, keep the return air grills clean, and keep the furnace room dust free. Amazing how long mechanical systems last if you get off your @$$ and maintain them properly!!!!

Date created: 2009-04-01 Name: HEIL

"Found the problem with the Heil"
This is something that was not expected nor known by a lot of hvac folks apparently and many times does not cause a malfunction. It was discovered third hand by someone who had never seen the problem but had heard rumors of it. The problem was the mercury switch mechanical timing thermostat. It worked fine for the a/c but the electronics for the furnace apparently did not like a slight voltage induced in the control wiring by the 9 volt back up battery in the stat. Once the stat was replaced with an electronic unit, everything worked fine. This problem only took 4 months, 3 circuit boards, a new wiring harness, and 5 different grounding methods and a new stat to fix. I therefore have changed my rating satisfaction from very unsatisfied to very satisfied.

Date created: 2009-03-14 Name: DPG
Location: IL

"Trouble free operation"
My Heil HVAC system works really well for me. I have had no problems with it in the 9 years since it was installed. When I have had it occasionally cleaned/checked (every few years), the HVAC guy said that it didn't really need it. (The sealed burners seem to stay really clean - a big improvement over my old furnace.) So, for me, this unit has been a very good purchase.

Date created: 2008-12-30 Name: Mike Brothers
Location: Nashville, TN

"Home owner"
I have had nothing but trouble with this unit from the start. The heat system burned up the first winter. Several other calls for relay switchs, now the compressor is out. Waiting to see if company will stand behind equipment. won't hold my breath.

Date created: 2008-10-17 Name: M Arnold
Location: Peoria, IL

"Heil Furnace.Air Condtioner(5000 Series)"
Had my Heil Furnace and Air unit installed in Jan of 99 and it's been flawless. Air unit recently sprung a hole in the condenser coil, was repaired, but blew out 6 months later. I can't complain about having the unit for almost 10 full years without any problems. The unit has a 5 year warranty, so it's already surpassed that. I still own the unit nad will be getting a new condenser put in. So we'll see how long the new condenser lasts. I hope to get a couple more years out of it, then I'll replace the entire when, when the new part goes out.

Date created: 2008-09-22 Name: D Xiong
Location: Milton, WI

"Don't Buy a Heil"
My house was built 5 yrs ago with a Heil furnace and central A/C installed. Not one year went by without a problem with my unit. Water leaked all over the furnace unit due to a cracked drainage hose. The A/C had to be recharged every single year and the unit constantly had electrical problems. It also kept freezing up. Be fore-warned!!! Do Not Buy!