Consumer Reviews of Heil central air conditioners

Read more about Heil central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-06-20 Name: Elaine
Location: St. Louis, MO

"Not very reliable"
We have lived in our new home for 3 years and two out of the 3 years we have had problems with our unit. The first year we had to replace the pressure switch. This year (the 3rd year) we have to replace the blower motor and fan because when the motor went out it tore up the fan. I would not recommend this unit to anyone. Luckily we are still under our 5 year warrenty.

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: V. Minor
Location: east-central Illinois

"Does not meet minimum standards for implied warranty of merchantability"
We have two units; one works fine, the other does not. It's a lemon. After 4 years the compressor died; we paid $400 in labor to replace it. A year later the condenser coil failed; we discovered it when we turned it on in May, which was one month after the warranty expired. The problem obviously had developed before the warranty expired. International Comfort Products in Lewisberg, TN, has not been helpful. I as the consumer am not permitted to speak directly with their consumer advocate. How convenient for them.

Date created: 2011-06-02 Name: Renee Bailey
Location: Chicago, IL

"" With Heil I Sleep Like A DREAM""
My A/C is located just outside of my bedroom wall. I had a Heil installed 14 yrs ago & at that time discovered an A/C by your bedroom doesn't mean you don't sleep. My A/C isn't new by any means and when using it " I HEAR SILENCE " I am a single mother and wake with every little noise. I just had a tune up done and no problems! All I can say is 14 years and going strong and still as quite & reliable as it was brand new...Thank You!

Date created: 2011-05-05 Name: seig heil
Location: [email protected]

"This name should be changed to seig heil!"
Seig heil is more like it for this brand. when i first purchesd it , a nazi came out.

Date created: 2011-04-18 Name: JDL
Location: enid, ok

"Stay away from heil"
Nothing but problems. both coils were defective (I have two compressors), the company provided new coils but the dealer still wants $700 for installation. would not recommend anyone buy Heil, (the product from hell).

Date created: 2011-04-05 Name: C. D
Location: Al

"PIECE OF _____ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Will NEVER buy another HEIL again !!!! Problem after problem after problem. I've replace 6 or 7 control boards, 2 compressors and it still has problems!!!!! I ABSOLUTELY hate HEIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2011-02-28 Name: Becky Heath
Location: Swansea IL

"Piece of Junk"
We had to borrow money to purchase this unit told it was great unit broke down after 5 months of use and the installer went out of business. called another H/C repairman unit lost all freon said would have to find leak flush lines and recharge with probably 9 pounds of freon at 35 dollars a pound est of around 1,000 to fix. Contacted company told them of problem response was were sorry.So do not buy a Heil product its pretty sad they won't stand behind there product

Date created: 2010-10-16 Name: Jeff Edwards
Location: KY

"Just won't quit"
My Heil condensing unit was installed in 1971 (almost 40 years old) and has only had one fan motor replaced. I have my system serviced annually, which is the key to a long life of a system.

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: Donna

"Piece of Crap"
After seven years, the unit does not work and coincidentally the warranty ran out at 5 years. What a piece of junk!!!!

Date created: 2010-10-07 Name: Byron
Location: holiday FL

"Defective Fan Motors"
In January 2009 we were sold two Heil central units as replacement systems for our home with strong recommendations from installer. Three weeks after the first aniversary the blower fan moter on one system went out. After much discussion with installer the motor was replaced under warranty but I had to pay for part of the labor to replace. In September of this year the second system blower fan went out. Again I had to pay for labor to get the motor replaced. Today after only one year and nine months two motors have gone out and I am out close to $300 for labor to replace defective parts. Beware of these units!!!