Consumer Reviews of Heil central air conditioners

Read more about Heil central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-08-16 Name: Rich
Location: Westville, IN

"My unit has finally given up the ghost!"
My unit has finally given up the ghost! Considering it's age and having to run constantly 8 or more hours on sunny days between May & October, I couldn't be happier. I usually had it serviced & cleaned every other summer. It lost only a few #'s of freon during that time. But it was especially expensive to operate this summer because the compressor has been slowly burning out dealing with heat and humidity of this 33% above average summer. My main complaint was it was a noisy machine!

Date created: 2011-08-03 Name: PAC
Location: Western Pennsylvania

"Our 30+ year old Heil has finally given out"
Our Heil 3.5 ton air conditioner has finally died. When we bought the house the ac unit was already 10 years old and needed a new compressor. We decided to replace the compressor. Other than some minor repairs, it has performed well for the last 22 years. A 32 year life span is pretty amazing for a central air conditioner! That, and a competent HVAC serviceman makes all the difference. I just ordered another Heil from my competent HVAC man.

Date created: 2011-08-01 Name: Peggy Young
Location: Indianapolis

"VERY HAPPY!"
Is very quiet and had great luck for two summers. Irish Air did the installation and have been very happy. This Heil unit is the second one we have had over 25 years. Neighbor has been thru two Tranes and a Rheem. He didn't listen....LOL

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: Beth

"Did not last"
Bought this "top of the line" unit less than 6 years ago. It broke in 100 degree weather and we have to replace. It was fine until then but it is ridiculous that it only lasted 6 years.

Date created: 2011-06-29 Name: Renee Harber
Location: Alamo, TN

"Heil AC junk. Unit from Hell not heil"
My unit has been nothing but a piece of junk since the very first day I turned it on. Everytime there is a seasonal change I have to call someone out to fix it because it doesn't work. I am now going to have to replace the air compressor for the second time in 8 years. Forget that. I am junking it and going to a TRANE. Nothing runs like a TRANE. DO NOT BUY THEIR CRAP. You also can't get warrenty parts replaced easily.

Date created: 2011-06-20 Name: Elaine
Location: St. Louis, MO

"Not very reliable"
We have lived in our new home for 3 years and two out of the 3 years we have had problems with our unit. The first year we had to replace the pressure switch. This year (the 3rd year) we have to replace the blower motor and fan because when the motor went out it tore up the fan. I would not recommend this unit to anyone. Luckily we are still under our 5 year warrenty.

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: V. Minor
Location: east-central Illinois

"Does not meet minimum standards for implied warranty of merchantability"
We have two units; one works fine, the other does not. It's a lemon. After 4 years the compressor died; we paid $400 in labor to replace it. A year later the condenser coil failed; we discovered it when we turned it on in May, which was one month after the warranty expired. The problem obviously had developed before the warranty expired. International Comfort Products in Lewisberg, TN, has not been helpful. I as the consumer am not permitted to speak directly with their consumer advocate. How convenient for them.

Date created: 2011-06-02 Name: Renee Bailey
Location: Chicago, IL

"" With Heil I Sleep Like A DREAM""
My A/C is located just outside of my bedroom wall. I had a Heil installed 14 yrs ago & at that time discovered an A/C by your bedroom doesn't mean you don't sleep. My A/C isn't new by any means and when using it " I HEAR SILENCE " I am a single mother and wake with every little noise. I just had a tune up done and no problems! All I can say is 14 years and going strong and still as quite & reliable as it was brand new...Thank You!

Date created: 2011-05-05 Name: seig heil
Location: hjk@hotmail.com

"This name should be changed to seig heil!"
Seig heil is more like it for this brand. when i first purchesd it , a nazi came out.

Date created: 2011-04-18 Name: JDL
Location: enid, ok

"Stay away from heil"
Nothing but problems. both coils were defective (I have two compressors), the company provided new coils but the dealer still wants $700 for installation. would not recommend anyone buy Heil, (the product from hell).