Consumer Reviews of Heil central air conditioners

Read more about Heil central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-12-06 Name: DON EDWARDS
Location: LITTLE ROCK , ARKANSAS

"HOME OWNER"
As a home owner of heil equipment and have been in the business 31 years, all of the bad reviews sound like, poor installation and un qualified techs. All products now have 10 years parts warranty and the installing contractor by law has to give 1 year labor warranty. My unit is the quietest unit I have ever owned and have never had 1 problem since installation.

Date created: 2012-08-16 Name: R. Blake
Location: Apache Junction, Az.

"Defective Unit Part"
I purchased a new Heil AC/furnace split system in July of 2010. In June of 2011 it stopped cooling. The A/C tech came out and found that the capacitor in the condensing unit went out. He replaced the part and I was charged $66 for the call and labor. The part was under warranty. Well yesterday August 15th, 2012 the unit stopped cooling again. I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area and it is triple digits here. The A/C tech came out and sure enough the capacitor had gone bad again. It cost me another $66 service/labor charge and now I am told that even though the part is covered under warranty that the supply house that he use to swap out defective Heil parts no longer deals with Heil parts and he found a new supply place that handles ICP (Parent Company of Heil). This company will swap out parts for other ICP brands, but for Heil parts there is a processing fee, $35 for my part. I called ICP's headquarters and was told that all they could do was replace the defective part and had no control over processing fees. So it looks like every year this part will go bad and I will have to pay around $100 to have it replaced. What a bunch of crap.

Date created: 2012-07-24 Name: B. Troodler
Location: New Rochelle, New York

"Stay away, nothing but headaches"
Unit was nothing but trouble from the get go. Unit leaked at condenser coil and evaporator coil.All rjp mechanical would do would just add freon. Then in second year of same trouble Heil would not give any guarantee on labor. Could not get rjp Mechanical to come back and repair, so local Heil Distributor wanted money up front for all parts with the understanding it would be refunded if defective. Took out unit and purchased a great unit in a carrier. What a difference. Remember stay away from Heil if you do not want problems

Date created: 2012-07-19 Name: Kr Kenneth Clouthier
Location: Palatine Bridge, NY 13428

"Kenneth Clouthier"
This unit was installed in our new home on Feb 7 2006. We have had a problem with the unit since last summer. Our technician who installed the unit went out of business and we have no way of contacting him. Finally we have a technician and discovered that the condenser is leaking. He charged the unit and he said that it should be okay the rest of this summer but will have to replaced. We had our module home put up December of 2005. We still have part of the warranty for the compressor. The Model Number is:NAC024AKC3. Serial Number is: e054648969. Mfr #NACO24AKC3We live in the North East and the unit is used approximately 2 moths out the year. Why did the condenser develop a leak in such a short period of time? Please respond. Respectfully, Mr Kenneth Clouthier.

Date created: 2012-07-04 Name: Thomas Zanotti
Location: Belen NM

"Works fine"
I had a new Heil furnace and air conditioning unit stalled nine years ago. It is a three and a half ton unit which is properly sized. There have been no issues what so ever. Actually in Consumer Reports it appears to be one of the more reliable a/c units on the market. I live in the Southwest where the summers are long and hot.

Date created: 2012-06-19 Name: P Morin
Location: Manchester, NH

"15 Year Old HEIL"
The top of our whole house air conditioner unit says "High Efficiency 5000" - but every year since we purchased the house 11 years ago it has cost us more and more to run. I've had it serviced by a local and trustworthy hvac company nearly every year, and each year it needed work. Last year I was told that it would cost so much to run that it's not worth running, time to replace it. The unit was way larger than needed for the size of the home, so I am surprised that it died within 15 years.

Date created: 2012-05-14 Name: B. Cause
Location: Edmonton, CANADA

"STAY AWAY FROM HEIL!!!"
Installed a Heil central air conditioner 4 years ago and had to replace a coil in year 2 for $2000. It wouldn't even turn on this spring and had someone take a look at it and coil needs to be replaced again!!! That's another $2000 to fix. Three coils in 4 years is ridiculous!!

Date created: 2012-04-20 Name: R. Koli
Location: P. Ridge, NY

"Their Warranty STINKS"
I was considering Heil Products. Their warranty is void once I sell my house. That is a big negative when potential buyers find no warranty coverage. Their website discourages contact by potential users of their products. They refer to their dealers or contractors. I usually find manufacturers of products know more about their own products than any of their dealers or contractors. Try calling them direct. I would not consider HEIL for their weak warranty and the fact they avoid contact with homeowners, the final users of their products.

Date created: 2012-04-18 Name: D. Moritz
Location: Overland Park, Ks

"Where's the recall on this peice of junk?!!"
Had the a/c unit less than 5 years and stopped cooling. Freon leak from inside coil says the company that installed. He also said this is a very common problem. Parts covered but not labor. Less than 5 years-- ridiculous!

Date created: 2011-12-07 Name: L. Davy
Location: Cadillac, MI

"Owner"
The first unit was junk, replace under warranty. The second unit is also junk. Will be replaced this spring.