Consumer Reviews of Heil central air conditioners

Read more about Heil central air conditioners

Date created: 2013-10-07 Name: Larry sanford
Location: Denison texas

"Havoc Tech"
Had this unit for 3 years. This is the third evaporator coil that has been put on it. When should I call it a lemmon, never saw anything like it the 10 years I have been working in the refrigeration business. Worked on a lot of different equipment but never saw anything like this.

Date created: 2013-08-16 Name: kevin L
Location: albuquerque

"Heil AC System"
I have had my system for over 10 years and no problems at all. Great system.
Date created: 2013-06-29 Name: D Morgan
Location: Houston, TX

"Heil A/C Was a Good Investment"
When you live in Texas, where it is not the same without A/C, then a Heil was the answer for us. Today our 20 years - yes, 20 years old compressor died a normal death. We could not have been happier over the years. Installation is the key. If your service tech doesn't know what he is doing, then you will have problems.
Date created: 2013-06-13 Name: g.papcun
Location: Missouri

"Worst AC Ever"
Brand new construction grade A/C unit and the coil went bad after 5 years and 2 months. Would have cost me $800 to replace the coil, so I bit the bullet and had a Lennox installed instead. Don't buy a house with a Heil A/C unit.
Date created: 2013-06-06 Name: Al Carr
Location: denison,tx

"Faulty Coil"
I was advised by Heil that between 2009 and 2010, they had a bad batch of coils that leaked. It seems in this situation they would also pay the labor, but they won'T. Not very good customer service!!
Date created: 2013-06-02 Name: Mary Ann
Location: Somewhere, U.S.A.

"Piece of Crap"
We bought our Heil furnace and outside unit less than 6 years ago. We have had nothing but trouble with it. If there's a lemon law on furnaces ours qualifies. I highly advise not to buy one.
Date created: 2013-01-14 Name: kelly
Location: surfside beach sc

"Worst air unit ever!!!!"
Have owned my house for a year and a half and have had my air conditioning unit repaired 4 times. Worst unit ever!!! Go with any other brand!!!
Date created: 2012-12-06 Name: DON EDWARDS
Location: LITTLE ROCK , ARKANSAS

"HOME OWNER"
As a home owner of heil equipment and have been in the business 31 years, all of the bad reviews sound like, poor installation and un qualified techs. All products now have 10 years parts warranty and the installing contractor by law has to give 1 year labor warranty. My unit is the quietest unit I have ever owned and have never had 1 problem since installation.
Date created: 2012-08-16 Name: R. Blake
Location: Apache Junction, Az.

"Defective Unit Part"
I purchased a new Heil AC/furnace split system in July of 2010. In June of 2011 it stopped cooling. The A/C tech came out and found that the capacitor in the condensing unit went out. He replaced the part and I was charged $66 for the call and labor. The part was under warranty. Well yesterday August 15th, 2012 the unit stopped cooling again. I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area and it is triple digits here. The A/C tech came out and sure enough the capacitor had gone bad again. It cost me another $66 service/labor charge and now I am told that even though the part is covered under warranty that the supply house that he use to swap out defective Heil parts no longer deals with Heil parts and he found a new supply place that handles ICP (Parent Company of Heil). This company will swap out parts for other ICP brands, but for Heil parts there is a processing fee, $35 for my part. I called ICP's headquarters and was told that all they could do was replace the defective part and had no control over processing fees. So it looks like every year this part will go bad and I will have to pay around $100 to have it replaced. What a bunch of crap.
Date created: 2012-07-24 Name: B. Troodler
Location: New Rochelle, New York

"Stay away, nothing but headaches"
Unit was nothing but trouble from the get go. Unit leaked at condenser coil and evaporator coil.All rjp mechanical would do would just add freon. Then in second year of same trouble Heil would not give any guarantee on labor. Could not get rjp Mechanical to come back and repair, so local Heil Distributor wanted money up front for all parts with the understanding it would be refunded if defective. Took out unit and purchased a great unit in a carrier. What a difference. Remember stay away from Heil if you do not want problems