Consumer Reviews of Heil central air conditioners

Read more about Heil central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-08-01 Name: Mark Powers
Location: Phoenix

"Super happy with Heil HCA7"
I got the 17 seer two-stage hca7 and I'm super happy. It's so much more quiet then the old Goodman unit which died. I couldn't be more happy!

Date created: 2014-01-25 Name: John H.
Location: Tennessee

"Heil-Quaker (Whirlpool) gas/electric packaged unit"
Believe it or not, my three-ton unit is 29 years old! It cools great and the natural gas heat sure beats the electric heat pump that I had before in another house. My home is approx.1500 square feet. In all these years I have only replaced the combustion blower motor($100), the fan limit switch($60), and the transformer ($35). I bought all the parts online and replaced them myself. Each spring I oiled both the condenser fan motor and the blower fan motors. I also hosed off the condenser fins a couple of times a year. I have never had to put any freon in this unit since it was new. The clamshell heat exchanger has finally started to leak so I am going to have to buy a new unit now. After doing much research and reading countless reviews, I have decided to stick with what works and works well. No matter how good or bad a product is the "warranties" are only as good as the people that stand behind them. It is a matter of trust on the consumer's part, and a matter of character on the manufacturer's part.

Date created: 2013-10-24 Name: Frank Jones
Location: Hueytown, Al

"4-ton Central Air Unit - Very Pleased!"
My 15-year old Heil unit, a 4-ton central air unit finally gave up the ghost. The only service other than cleaning, was a fan motor replaced 4 years ago. It has been an excellent unit.

Date created: 2013-10-07 Name: Larry sanford
Location: Denison texas

"Havoc Tech"
Had this unit for 3 years. This is the third evaporator coil that has been put on it. When should I call it a lemmon, never saw anything like it the 10 years I have been working in the refrigeration business. Worked on a lot of different equipment but never saw anything like this.

Date created: 2013-08-16 Name: kevin L
Location: albuquerque

"Heil AC System"
I have had my system for over 10 years and no problems at all. Great system.

Date created: 2013-06-29 Name: D Morgan
Location: Houston, TX

"Heil A/C Was a Good Investment"
When you live in Texas, where it is not the same without A/C, then a Heil was the answer for us. Today our 20 years - yes, 20 years old compressor died a normal death. We could not have been happier over the years. Installation is the key. If your service tech doesn't know what he is doing, then you will have problems.

Date created: 2013-06-13 Name: g.papcun
Location: Missouri

"Worst AC Ever"
Brand new construction grade A/C unit and the coil went bad after 5 years and 2 months. Would have cost me $800 to replace the coil, so I bit the bullet and had a Lennox installed instead. Don't buy a house with a Heil A/C unit.

Date created: 2013-06-06 Name: Al Carr
Location: denison,tx

"Faulty Coil"
I was advised by Heil that between 2009 and 2010, they had a bad batch of coils that leaked. It seems in this situation they would also pay the labor, but they won'T. Not very good customer service!!

Date created: 2013-06-02 Name: Mary Ann
Location: Somewhere, U.S.A.

"Piece of Crap"
We bought our Heil furnace and outside unit less than 6 years ago. We have had nothing but trouble with it. If there's a lemon law on furnaces ours qualifies. I highly advise not to buy one.

Date created: 2013-01-14 Name: kelly
Location: surfside beach sc

"Worst air unit ever!!!!"
Have owned my house for a year and a half and have had my air conditioning unit repaired 4 times. Worst unit ever!!! Go with any other brand!!!