Consumer Reviews of Heil central air conditioners

Read more about Heil central air conditioners

Date created: 2006-11-30 Name: Pamela Turner
Location: Antioch, TN

4 months out of warranty the coil condensor went out. Another month later some other part costing 400$ went out. Now we are having trouble again. Terrible and not reliable!

Date created: 2006-08-01 Years owned: 3

I am very unhappy with the quality of my Heil Air conditioner. It was installed to my home in 2003 and has had to be serviced a number of times. Since I was not the original owner the 5 year warranty on parts and labour did not apply to me. A new air conditioner had been a selling point, because we had lived in a home that had central air and our unit never had a problem in 10 years. So my three year old air conditioner has had to have the condensate pump replaced after leaking water all over my basement carpets and now I am having to replace the fan on the outdoor unit. When I approached the installer they said there was nothing they can do.

Date created: 2006-07-25 Years owned: 6

Purchased new in 1999 2 years later contacts failed ,repairs covered by warrenty.2 years later the fan switch failed , took over 3 weeks for parts and repair.June 2006 unit failed again and estimate for repairs is 1100.00.AC company suggested I buy a new unit as this unit was not reliable. Jerry Reed [email protected]

Date created: 2006-06-30 Years owned: 2

Fan went out in the first year. Expansion valve went out the second year. Heil dealers and distributors do not stock this item. Took over a week to get it repaired. Local contractor for Heil took two trips and several hours to find the problem. It took several hundred dollars to fix the problem with the part being under warrenty.