Consumer Reviews of Heil central air conditioners

Read more about Heil central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-04-30 Name: HEIL

"Consumer"
Our unit was installed last June 2007 so we have had it for less than a year. We turned it on in April and it was not working. All the coolant had run out and we had the person who installed it come back. Our person can't figure out what is wrong but put new coolant in it and got it working again. He now wants to return and do service costing in excess of 100.00. I do not understand how a unit that was used for only three months and less than 1 year old should already be broken. In the future I will not purchase any of this companies products.

Date created: 2009-04-08 Name: HEIL

"Heil system"
We have had our Heil ac and furnace for four years and have had no problems. Of course, I change filters montly, clean the condensing coils once a year, cover the condenser in winter, keep the return air grills clean, and keep the furnace room dust free. Amazing how long mechanical systems last if you get off your @$$ and maintain them properly!!!!

Date created: 2009-04-01 Name: HEIL

"Found the problem with the Heil"
This is something that was not expected nor known by a lot of hvac folks apparently and many times does not cause a malfunction. It was discovered third hand by someone who had never seen the problem but had heard rumors of it. The problem was the mercury switch mechanical timing thermostat. It worked fine for the a/c but the electronics for the furnace apparently did not like a slight voltage induced in the control wiring by the 9 volt back up battery in the stat. Once the stat was replaced with an electronic unit, everything worked fine. This problem only took 4 months, 3 circuit boards, a new wiring harness, and 5 different grounding methods and a new stat to fix. I therefore have changed my rating satisfaction from very unsatisfied to very satisfied.

Date created: 2009-03-14 Name: DPG
Location: IL

"Trouble free operation"
My Heil HVAC system works really well for me. I have had no problems with it in the 9 years since it was installed. When I have had it occasionally cleaned/checked (every few years), the HVAC guy said that it didn't really need it. (The sealed burners seem to stay really clean - a big improvement over my old furnace.) So, for me, this unit has been a very good purchase.

Date created: 2008-12-30 Name: Mike Brothers
Location: Nashville, TN

"Home owner"
I have had nothing but trouble with this unit from the start. The heat system burned up the first winter. Several other calls for relay switchs, now the compressor is out. Waiting to see if company will stand behind equipment. won't hold my breath.

Date created: 2008-10-17 Name: M Arnold
Location: Peoria, IL

"Heil Furnace.Air Condtioner(5000 Series)"
Had my Heil Furnace and Air unit installed in Jan of 99 and it's been flawless. Air unit recently sprung a hole in the condenser coil, was repaired, but blew out 6 months later. I can't complain about having the unit for almost 10 full years without any problems. The unit has a 5 year warranty, so it's already surpassed that. I still own the unit nad will be getting a new condenser put in. So we'll see how long the new condenser lasts. I hope to get a couple more years out of it, then I'll replace the entire when, when the new part goes out.

Date created: 2008-09-22 Name: D Xiong
Location: Milton, WI

"Don't Buy a Heil"
My house was built 5 yrs ago with a Heil furnace and central A/C installed. Not one year went by without a problem with my unit. Water leaked all over the furnace unit due to a cracked drainage hose. The A/C had to be recharged every single year and the unit constantly had electrical problems. It also kept freezing up. Be fore-warned!!! Do Not Buy!

Date created: 2008-09-10 Name: Donnie Davis
Location: Piedmont, SC

"Mr. Donnie Davis"
We put our unit in 2005. Since then we have had to have it worked on 3 times. The last time began five weeks ago and it is still not fixed. The refrigerant coil was leaking in several places. Needless to say, my family has existed in extremely uncomfortable circumstances for the last five weeks. There has been no contact from the gentleman that put the unit in unless it was initiated by me. Being in these circumstances has affected my sleep, my work, and my health. Never again!

Date created: 2008-09-05 Name: J. L. Lowe
Location: Blytheville, Ar.

"Mr"
This Seer 13 unit is being replaced this day with a new unit. Two days ago the third compressor went out. The first (original)compressor went out in May 2008, the second failed in July 08. I will never again purchase a Heil unit for any reason, and I caution everyone against the same.

Date created: 2008-08-14 Name: Fletch
Location: Phoenix

"10 years and going strong!"
Wow, what can I say? 10 years in Phoenix and I keep my house at 69 degrees. Had the breakers replaced and the drip pan but that's it!