Consumer Reviews of Heil central air conditioners

Read more about Heil central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-07-26 Name: E.Bay
Location: Bedford, IN

"Worst AC brand"
In the 10 years we owned this unit it was serviced 5 times. It came with a cracked coil which the original installer refused to repair. Today I am replacing this piece of crap with a Trane or Carrier.

Date created: 2016-07-06 Name: Edi
Location: Virginia

"Great unit"
I've bought and sold a lot HVAC equipment - Trane, Lennox, Carrier, Goodman, etc (they all pretty much share the same things) and I've been most pleased with Heil. The homeowners and contractors always want to blame the manufacturer but they should blame themselves. Some homeowners want to get the cheapest contractor and the cheapest contractor usually is someone that doesn't know a whole lot about HVAC. To the homeowners out there, make sure you get an HVAC company that you can trust and you know the company is knowledgeable. A lot of these reviews don't seem right. 2 bad transformers and a board? Sounds like a bad contractor to me. The units work great and haven't had much major or minor repairs. PS: It's the same thing as a Bryant, Carrier and Kenmore.

Date created: 2016-06-30 Name: Jeffrey Adams
Location: Tallahassee, FL

"Heil central heat and air"
We bought this unit in 2012 and had to replace parts each year. We always had maintenance on the unit each year and there has always been something wrong with the unit. I highly recommend you look at other brands besides Heil because if your wallet is big then buy Heil. You'll be spending tons of money each year.

Date created: 2016-06-28 Name: Peterson
Location: South Carolina

"Just Horrible"
Heil air conditioner is a rip off! Only had mine not even a year and it quit working! I am so mad! Had it fixed and it still is not working! The guy sold me a piece of junk! Please do not buy it! It is nothing but trouble, and they don't want to fix it unless you give them more money and even then it does not work. They need to stand behind their equipment!

Date created: 2016-05-31 Name: Tom W.
Location: Chicago, IL

"Sucks"
Unit was installed with new house. Nothing but problems since the start. The furnace is failing and now the outside unit is failing. This product is total crap. 10 years of problem operation and service by a trained tech and the entire unit is failing. Stay away from this product!

Date created: 2016-05-23 Location: Indian Trail, NC

"No problems with our Central AC"
I've owned my AC for 5 months, as it came with the purchase of our new home. It's worked very well and cooled the house very efficiently. So far, I don't have any dislikes. It's very quiet. You can't even hear it running. I would definitely recommend this to a friend, and if I were in a position of having to purchase another AC, I would deeply consider this brand again.

Date created: 2015-09-05 Name: Cherry Rafferty
Location: Alpharetta, GA

"Units failing after 6 years"
One unit blew two transformers and a circuit board. After both were replaced everything is running. Both units were low on Freon. One required 2 lbs. and the other 3 lbs. Opened up the coil to the unit that required 3 lbs. of Freon and it was rusting badly. Replacement of coil will cost $1,600. Brand is so not worth the money.

Date created: 2015-09-01 Name: scott
Location: Simpsonville, SC

"22 years and still going"
I don't have any complaints about my Heil. It has gone 22 years and is still running. The only thing we had to do to it was replace the fan motor and that is when it was 20 years old. I'm replacing it because, well, it's just not as efficient as the new ones! Guess what I'm getting!

Date created: 2015-08-27 Location: Brownsburg, IN

"Quality air conditioning system."
The system was installed in our house in 1998. Six years after it was installed, the outer coil was replaced due to a lightening strike. The repair was a success and the cost was covered by homeowner's insurance. It has been a very dependable unit with no other issues. I would highly recommend the Heil brand to anyone needing a new unit. The only downfall is that it is not as efficient as newer units. Our Heil air conditioner continues to provide us with cool summer days so we will keep it till it is ready to retire.

Date created: 2015-08-18 Name: Michael M.
Location: Coppell, TX

"Great system"
Excellent system installed by an excellent support team. I've owned homes with Trane, Lennox, Carrier, and the performance of this system is better than Trane. Don't buy the fear that some Trane dealers sell about ICP product quality; it's just that, fear selling. The fact is my first Heil lasted 25 years, my neighbor has one that is 10 years old and runs great. He too was sold the fear of ICP by a Trane dealer but he did not buy it. The good news is the same system in Trane is 30% more. Value is in performance, not price, and Heil has good performance in my system.