Consumer Reviews of Heil central air conditioners

Read more about Heil central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-09-21 Name: Blake Roulette
Location: Pelzer, SC

"Unsatisfactory"
The unit is a good unit when working my unit is between 4./5 6 ye a rd taking care of no problems until now unit blower motor went out discovered a consistent problem with this unit. Replaced blower motor now having to deal with failed compressor 1 day apart. Installer states that blower motor is a known problem but no relief from manufacturer. Replacing blower locks me into replacing compressor will mean I will have invested all most half of what a new unit would cost with new warranty. Theses items are made in Mexico and have problems from the beginning. Heil needs to step up and take care of their customers as of now I will tell everyone I know not to deal6with heil products. Warranty in or out a unit this young should last longer. We have allow manufacturers to do this to us to long. Stand up for you products and take care of the buyers.

Date created: 2017-06-30 Name: D. Davis
Location: Ooltewah, TN

"Service"
I bought this unit in 2009. In 2012 the variable speed motor went out. That was replaced by company who sold and installed unit. The unit has always been noisy. Here it is June 2017. The same motor went out again. The company ordered new one on Tuesday, here it is Friday no motor. They advised it should be in Monday, no guarantee. They advised company gets in no hurry shipping. They aren't sweating. Thank God I bought extended warranty or I would be screwed. They advised me with parts and labor these motors are $1500 to replace. Warranties are great but they don't cool the house while waiting on some moron to ship the part they are sitting on.

Date created: 2017-06-21 Name: J. Nate
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

"5.1 ton Heil air conditioner"
We just replaced our 10 year old Trane that split at the seams, with a 5.1 ton Heil, and we are amazed how well it cools in 115 degree heat! The unit is super quiet and cost much less than many other brands. I'm not exact on the series or model that we purchased, but it is a heat pump type. We are elated at the quality and the price! It is important to have a good installer, as with any unit.

Date created: 2016-09-14 Name: KCroteau
Location: rhode island

"Replacement compressor"
After the compressor went bad the system never fired up. It burned all the parts three or four times. System is bad now. Heil doesn't want to hear it. Never buy Heil.

Date created: 2016-09-12 Name: Vicky B
Location: Mebane, NC

"Air conditioning coils just out of warranty"
Don't you all find it typical that as soon as your warranty expires your product fails? I am only 5 weeks over my warranty period and now have been told that no amount of complaining will help. I just have to pay to install new coils. You would think that a grace period might be in place. So disappointing.

Date created: 2016-08-08 Name: Ashish Kalani
Location: Reading, PA

"Too expensive & bad"
Brand new system installed in June 2011, and it's July 2016, 2 weeks after the motor warranty goes out, and the motor breaks. How does a motor break down in 5 years? I have seen systems running since the 90's. Literally, I would never recommend this company to anyone. Not to mention the terrible customer service. If you want a company that will never care about the customer needs or stand by their product when it fails, then please do purchase their overly expensive product.

Date created: 2016-07-26 Name: E.Bay
Location: Bedford, IN

"Worst AC brand"
In the 10 years we owned this unit it was serviced 5 times. It came with a cracked coil which the original installer refused to repair. Today I am replacing this piece of crap with a Trane or Carrier.

Date created: 2016-07-06 Name: Edi
Location: Virginia

"Great unit"
I've bought and sold a lot HVAC equipment - Trane, Lennox, Carrier, Goodman, etc (they all pretty much share the same things) and I've been most pleased with Heil. The homeowners and contractors always want to blame the manufacturer but they should blame themselves. Some homeowners want to get the cheapest contractor and the cheapest contractor usually is someone that doesn't know a whole lot about HVAC. To the homeowners out there, make sure you get an HVAC company that you can trust and you know the company is knowledgeable. A lot of these reviews don't seem right. 2 bad transformers and a board? Sounds like a bad contractor to me. The units work great and haven't had much major or minor repairs. PS: It's the same thing as a Bryant, Carrier and Kenmore.

Date created: 2016-06-30 Name: Jeffrey Adams
Location: Tallahassee, FL

"Heil central heat and air"
We bought this unit in 2012 and had to replace parts each year. We always had maintenance on the unit each year and there has always been something wrong with the unit. I highly recommend you look at other brands besides Heil because if your wallet is big then buy Heil. You'll be spending tons of money each year.

Date created: 2016-06-28 Name: Peterson
Location: South Carolina

"Just Horrible"
Heil air conditioner is a rip off! Only had mine not even a year and it quit working! I am so mad! Had it fixed and it still is not working! The guy sold me a piece of junk! Please do not buy it! It is nothing but trouble, and they don't want to fix it unless you give them more money and even then it does not work. They need to stand behind their equipment!