Consumer Reviews of Guardian central air conditioners

Read more about Guardian central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-08-06 Name: D. Shepard
Location: Los Angeles, CA

"AC condenser works just fine"
Had Guardian (York) 3 Ton condenser installed into old r22 system three years ago. Unit works fine, hums along pumping out that cold air night and day.

Date created: 2018-06-08 Name: Tina M Wettig
Location: Texas

"Donít buy!!!!"
Piece of crap. One year old and it is completely shot! Condenser grounded out, shooting flames out the bottom! Ac repair man said donít turn on your burn your house down!
Date created: 2018-06-03 Name: Sherrie
Location: North Carolina

"So far a good system for our home"
We've had it for about 8 months now. We had one minor issue with it under warranty but the serviceman came right on out. No major issues. The servicemen spent their time installing it, which I think helps with issues. Wish the electric bill would have come down some, but basically, it stayed about the same. I figure at least it is not higher. Works excellent on pushing the cold air out and we have a 10-year warranty for parts, which makes me feel much more comfortable having bought it. Overall, I'm satisfied.
Date created: 2017-09-11 Name: M.E. Thornton
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"So far, so good."
The house we bought a year ago had the original, 15 year old systems still on and they were in not so great shape. First year we had multiple mechanical calls - thank goodness for home warranties! Our most recent experience was with Dr. Cool here in Vegas and the tech recommended the Guardian unit that is made to work with the older equipment but is more efficient. It saved us about $5000, because all the other components are fine, just the coils and some other parts on our older units were worn out. So far, so good. We get cooling with a quiet system (which is located right outside our master bedroom) and hopefully the energy bill will reflect the change up. We have very little humidity here so perhaps that is why some other customers have had issues? The system is backed by Johnson Control so I would expect a quality unit. I hope others with a good experience will sound off...and if something goes wrong, I'll be back to let y'all know.
Date created: 2017-09-07 Name: Patrice Kaufman
Location: West Hills, CA

"PIECE OF CRAP"
My Mom who is in her 90's built a granny suite. Had to buy new A.C. unit since old 1 too small. Piece of crap started to freeze up and blow hot air. Been happening since almost the start. Don't buy this is, in my opinion, elder abuse.
Date created: 2017-09-05 Name: R Boghean
Location: Alberta, Canada

"CHEAP JUNK"
From day 1 nothing but trouble. Freezes up all the time, compressor has quiet working after only 3 years. You get what you pay for, Guardian is junk do yourself a favor and buy a Lennox. I'm having a Lennox installed tomorrow and throwing this junk in the garbage where it belongs.
Date created: 2017-09-03 Name: JIM SMITH
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA

"GARBAGE"
Installed less than 2 years ago and no needs replacement, freezes up, txv valve and compressor faulty
Date created: 2017-06-09 Name: Steve findlay
Location: Canastota, NY

Purchased one month ago, have nothing but problems the coil froze up twice. Now the a/c condenser motor will not start up it was shipped with a relay and hard start capacitor for installation that should have been my first sign that I was going to have problems. I have been in the residential housing industry for thirty years only have seen secondary capacitor put on a older weak motor never straight out of the crate. I would never recommend or install another guardian or (York) again complete garbage!!!!
Date created: 2017-06-05 Name: Robert Geilhausen
Location: Godfrey, IL

"Guardian Central Air Unit"
Pleased to say the contractor did an exceptionally well professional job, did not rush or get in a big hurry, took his time and did the job right, now I'm living in a blizzard if I want to in this house!!!
Date created: 2017-06-03 Name: Bonnie Vallis
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"Unsatisfied"
Stupid compressor is quite slow, shuts off all the time. Energy assistance says not a good brand. Nothing like buying a brand new house and c/a which is like a year old and doesn't work properly.