Consumer Reviews of Guardian central air conditioners

Read more about Guardian central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-09-11 Name: M.E. Thornton
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"So far, so good."
The house we bought a year ago had the original, 15 year old systems still on and they were in not so great shape. First year we had multiple mechanical calls - thank goodness for home warranties! Our most recent experience was with Dr. Cool here in Vegas and the tech recommended the Guardian unit that is made to work with the older equipment but is more efficient. It saved us about $5000, because all the other components are fine, just the coils and some other parts on our older units were worn out. So far, so good. We get cooling with a quiet system (which is located right outside our master bedroom) and hopefully the energy bill will reflect the change up. We have very little humidity here so perhaps that is why some other customers have had issues? The system is backed by Johnson Control so I would expect a quality unit. I hope others with a good experience will sound off...and if something goes wrong, I'll be back to let y'all know.

Date created: 2017-09-07 Name: Patrice Kaufman
Location: West Hills, CA

"PIECE OF CRAP"
My Mom who is in her 90's built a granny suite. Had to buy new A.C. unit since old 1 too small. Piece of crap started to freeze up and blow hot air. Been happening since almost the start. Don't buy this is, in my opinion, elder abuse.

Date created: 2017-09-05 Name: R Boghean
Location: Alberta, Canada

"CHEAP JUNK"
From day 1 nothing but trouble. Freezes up all the time, compressor has quiet working after only 3 years. You get what you pay for, Guardian is junk do yourself a favor and buy a Lennox. I'm having a Lennox installed tomorrow and throwing this junk in the garbage where it belongs.

Date created: 2017-09-03 Name: JIM SMITH
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA

"GARBAGE"
Installed less than 2 years ago and no needs replacement, freezes up, txv valve and compressor faulty

Date created: 2017-06-09 Name: Steve findlay
Location: Canastota, NY

Purchased one month ago, have nothing but problems the coil froze up twice. Now the a/c condenser motor will not start up it was shipped with a relay and hard start capacitor for installation that should have been my first sign that I was going to have problems. I have been in the residential housing industry for thirty years only have seen secondary capacitor put on a older weak motor never straight out of the crate. I would never recommend or install another guardian or (York) again complete garbage!!!!

Date created: 2017-06-05 Name: Robert Geilhausen
Location: Godfrey, IL

"Guardian Central Air Unit"
Pleased to say the contractor did an exceptionally well professional job, did not rush or get in a big hurry, took his time and did the job right, now I'm living in a blizzard if I want to in this house!!!

Date created: 2017-06-03 Name: Bonnie Vallis
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"Unsatisfied"
Stupid compressor is quite slow, shuts off all the time. Energy assistance says not a good brand. Nothing like buying a brand new house and c/a which is like a year old and doesn't work properly.

Date created: 2016-08-14 Name: DRC
Location: California

"Generally satisfied"
I purchased this brand and model because, as I understand it, it is one of the few, if not the only, model that was compatible with the 35-year-old equipment/configuration of the system. It could be installed without a very expensive retrofit of the entire system, the rest of which was functioning fine. As for the unit itself, we have no complaint.

Date created: 2016-08-02 Name: David Hurst
Location: DeKalb, TX

"Purchase of product"
Was told I was purchasing a York. Received a Guardian. I am not happy with the continuous running of the unit. I have the thermostat set on 72 which is our comfort level. The AC runs all day and most of the night. Our 1st unit purchased when the house was built in 2000 did not do this. Our home stayed comfortable and our electric bill was never over $250. I am waiting to see if this unit will eventually cool the house enough to stop running all the time.

Date created: 2016-03-19 Name: Ryan the Airguy
Location: Centralia, Il

"Good product. Good price."
Guardian made by York wasn't built to be "top of the line", but if comparing with other "budget based brands", it's at the top. I've installed and serviced about everything out there in the last 20 years, and this is a good product. Overall well designed, quiet, and durable. Keep in mind that performance and reliability start with a quality installation. Proper unit size, correct airflow (supply & return ducts), system charge, and so on, must all be correct for any system to work right, regardless of the make. Most any manufacturer will stand behind its product if installed to their recommended specs.