Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-07-08 Name: mike waddle
Location: chickamauga geogia

"I will never buy a Goodman brand again"
I will never buy a Goodman brand ever again. My unit is a little over a year old and has broke down twice. I'm having to pay 650 dollars for repairs. Goodman will not cover a manufacture defect

Date created: 2014-07-03 Name: G.Allen
Location: Jacksonville Florida

"Defective product"
I purchased this house on September of 2012. Before I signed the papers the realtor had to have a new Goodman evaporator coil put in. Almost two weeks ago it started freezing and this was after freon was put in and now I have no a/c and no one will help because by the time people got around to the warranty ran out 5 days ago. So now I'm in Florida with no a/c because they want to charge an arm and leg to fix a coil that has a factory defect. It's a shame you can't get proper assistance with their defective product.

Date created: 2014-07-02 Name: L. Hoffman
Location: Naples, Florida

"Even at 50% off, you can't afford this unit!"
We purchased a new home in Oct. '09 and have had numerous ac problems since we moved in. The unit needed repairs almost immediately, adjustments to the installation were made early on. At 4.3 years the inside coil needed replacing, and then the outside coil went only a few weeks later, for over $1000 out-of-pocket in labor. What AC company has a product for sale that is close to being totally replaced before its fifth year? When I apprised Goodman of their (warranteed) coil failures and my labor costs, they told me that "problems can occur" and that I should have bought their "GoodCare Plan." This "plan" was/is unknown to me, and all of my neighbors who are stuck with a Goodman. We've paid and paid for upkeep and maintenance, and will pay whatever it takes to get this GOODMAN unit out of our life the next time it breaks down, which would not surprise us to occur soon...

Date created: 2014-07-02 Name: Stephanie
Location: Orlando, FL

"BEWARE"
My mother's old unit needed a compressor after almost 20 years. She decided it was time for a new unit. She found a good price for a Goodman so I did some research on the product. I found this site during my search. I explained to her that there have been many bad reviews on this product and she should stay away. On the contrary, so insisted she saw the complete opposite (where she found that I'm unsure because everything I read was negative) but she claimed with the right "installers" the unit would work fine. So she went with it anyway. It has now been exactly 21 days since she had this hunk of junk installed and low and behold, it stopped blowing cold last night. Already! I have a feeling she's in for a wild ride with this unit! Review pages like this are available to spare people from making big mistakes. I suggest listening to them!

Date created: 2014-06-30 Name: BARRY WROBLEWSKI
Location: North Port Fl

"GOODMAN IS JUNK PLAIN AND SIMPLE"
We bought our house in 2011 new. It had a Goodman heat pump. It broke down every year until 2014. They told us we would need a new compressor at a cost of $1400 under their so called warranty like putting good money into a black hole. I got smart and replaced it with a new unit. Don't buy Goodman -- it's just plain junk.

Date created: 2014-06-30 Name: GED
Location: MARYLAND

"HAD GOODMAN FOR OVER 18 years"
Goodman! Well I can honestly tell all of you that I have had my a/c unit going strong for ~18 years!. When I ask the a/c servicemen years ago (seasonal check-up) what brand it was, he advised me that it was a Goodman. That being said, I'm convinced that this unit (originally installed when I bought the house back in 1995) when replaced, I will purchase another goodman system. Another thing that I am really top of is yearly maintenance and replacing filters every 90 days. Thinking this might have a lot to do with any system you purchase. Keep up with your maintenance requirements. It's a must! Go Goodman!

Date created: 2014-06-29 Name: Mary
Location: Glendale AZ

"Delay while manufacturer makes a part"
Broke down after 2 months. Company put a band aid on it until part comes in. The manufacturer has to make the part. Extremely disappointed.

Date created: 2014-06-19 Name: RJ Sanders
Location: Ocala, Fl

"Bought about 6 yrs ago-"
Unit has had the evaporator - condenser and compressor replaced in that time!!! This brand is junk.

Date created: 2014-06-11 Name: J. Allen
Location: Sharon Springs, Kansas

"Pathetic Service"
I am a Carrier and Thermo King certified technician for transit applications. The Goodman condensing and air handler units are pretty much, technically, generic. Where they fail is in customer service. I have been trying, unsuccessfully, for three weeks to purchase a control panel and transformer for the above mentioned unit. According to three of their distributors, the model and serial numbers I give them are not valid??? Still no parts!! John

Date created: 2014-06-11 Name: B. Lang
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"2 Units"
Bought a new home in 2005. Had 2 of the same units installed. One for downstairs and one for the upstairs. The unit for downstairs unit - I have had no problems. History of the unit for upstairs - 1) 2006-08 regular maintennance/no problems. 2) 2009- checked for leaks found no problems but added 3 lbs. of freon. hmm? 3) 2010- replaced dual run capacitor. Found leak in both valves on unit. added 2 lbs. of freon. 4) 2011 - Found oper run capacitor and fan not running. Replaced dual run capacitor. 5) 2013 - Found leaks in evap coil needs to be replaced, added 2 lbs. of freon. We didn't replace coil. $$$. 6) 2014 - Leak! haha. not funny but not surprised., weak condenser fan capacitor, added 3 lbs. of freon. So, either I replace the coil or buy a new unit. Not sure what to do.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>