Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-04-12 Name: R. Caudill
Location: Madisonville, KY

"Tips from a pro"
I have been an hvac installer/service tech/HVAC instructor for 26 years. My installs are second to none, and I take great pride in my work. I must simply tell it like it is. Goodman is by far the most unreliable. Consumer Reports agrees. Sorry if this steps on any toes.

Date created: 2015-04-08 Name: Yasmin
Location: Florida

"Unsatisfactory"
My ac was replaced 7 years ago & the compressor has died. It was installed with a permit & when I was unable to reach the company I called Goodman & they refused to give any warranty because it had to be registered within 60 days of installation. My house had burned down so who knew I had to call? Maybe the contractor but it wasn't done so now I have to pay for another defective Goodman compressor that won't give me 10 years of use.
Date created: 2015-04-08 Name: E Barbao
Location: Pell City, AL

"Not worth the hassle"
We have a Goodman that was installed after we purchased a home. Brand new. After a year and a half it quit blowing cold air. We had the local hvac folks come out and the first words out of their mouths was, "Oh a Goodman". Every season since then, when the weather changed from summer to winter or winter to summer, we have had to call the techs. We have had to replace the mother board, which went bad in 8 months. I will say that they replaced it with another one as it had a 1 year warranty, but since then we have had to have at least 3 different parts replaced, and we have had to have the gas refilled twice. We are looking at buying a new townhouse and when I saw that the contractor is using a Goodman I told him that was a deal breaker. After having an inspection done on the brand new town house the inspector said the same thing. There were several other issues such as having linoleum in the bathroom and laundry room, no electrical plugs in the garage, the fuse box outside rather than in the house or at least in the garage. These are small things that would cost very little to do correctly, all of which points to shortcuts to make more profit. So if your contractor is using a Goodman as the primary heating/cooling look deeper because there are certainly going to be issues. I'll never buy another one.
Date created: 2015-04-03 Name: Amy Brennigan
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Excellent"
My sister wrote a glowing review on Rheem as did others but this site won`t publish them. This is an excellent model. Quiet. Efficient.
Date created: 2015-03-22 Name: Steve DeVIney
Location: Texas

"Needs to be installed right"
As a contractor, I've installed and serviced most brands. Goodman has been very good to me and has stood the test of time. I have installed hundreds of Goodmans and have less warranty problems than major name brands. It's all about the install! If they're put in right you get years out of them. If you buy one off the internet and hire Jo Blo off of Craigslist to install it, expect some issues. I'll stand behind Goodman all day. It's my go-to unit for replacements.
Date created: 2015-03-18 Name: Karen Knedlhans
Location: United States

"Not good quality"
Not even 2 years old and it is not blowing air already? For the cost it should be better than this.
Date created: 2015-03-12 Name: Reggie Barnett
Location: Friendswood, TX

"Great unit"
In 2011 my 17-year-old, builder-installed Trane compressor locked up. This was the upstairs 2 1/2 ton upstairs unit. We are now entering our 4th season with this unit and I can't be more satisfied. The installing company is a Premier Daikin/Amana/Goodman dealer in the Houston area and I can't say enough about how good they are. I would probably say the same no matter the brand. I have purchased the annual service which keeps drain lines clear and the system clean. No problems with the system at all.
Date created: 2015-03-10 Name: gregory
Location: Florida

"Unsatisfied"
Put in the air conditioner, which had to be fixed the next day as it was not blowing cold. The guy came to fix it but it still does not blow cold. It runs all day and does not get cold. I even have to open the refrigerator to help cool down the place; that's nonsense. The only time it goes off is if I turn it off.
Date created: 2015-02-11 Name: Donna Black
Location: Georgia

"Goodman"
I'm not at home now so I don't know the model, but we are very satisfied. I'm not a contractor, but a homeowner, and we are extremely happy. We had a Rheem before and now our electric bill has been cut in half. We have had it 2 years with no problems.
Date created: 2015-01-30 Name: Big Tex
Location: Trophy Club, TX

"Positive reviews here are self-serving"
Let's tell it like it is here. Contractors who handle Goodman simply are not good installers, because they can't get the top brands like Trane to begin with. So they write great reviews and tell you it's installation. Maybe, in some cases. Goodman was Janitrol, which every contractor called Jan-i-Junk. Builders use this crap to get low quotes into the new homes to raise their profit. They do it with every product in the home (unless you pay for an upgrade) and in AC you can't change the manufacturer because it's what the contractor uses for a cheap price. I have a 9-month-old KHOV home and I am replacing half the stuff in this $700,000 house...horrible! My AC issue here is that they undersized my tonnage to begin with ($$$) despite my begging/pleading with them to upsize the units(6.5 Tons for 4000 square feet). Come on, man! It takes 2.5 hours to get this house from 60 to 70 degrees this winter. During summer it takes the same amount of time to get it down to cool range as we use it as a second home and keep the thermostats lower or higher, depending on season. This summer I moved in here full-time and I am not going through this again. I am having my Certified Trane Dealer come in and install two 5 Ton 16 Seer Trane units at a $12,000 replacement cost. It's worth it in the long run, as Trane is a high-end, no-issue product. I don't have time for this nonsense. My time is worth money too. cut your losses and bite the bullet. Replace The Goodmans(Jan-I-Junk) and move on down the road! And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the No Spin Zone of AC today!
<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>