Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-06-16 Name: Craig Wiedder
Location: Chicago

"Quality of Installation VS Quality of Equipment"
I am amazed at the negative reviews posted about Goodman and Amana equipment. I have been in this business for over 40 years, and would advise you that, most of the horrible experiences that consumers relate are caused by the installing contractor and not the equipment manufacturer. Your first and most important selection should be the installing contractor. If you get this part right, you can be sure that he/she will not sell you a poor quality unit. Why would they? Lastly, my experience is that Goodman products are the best value equipment on the market. There are more expensive units available, but the higher price that you pay will go for national brand advertising and dealer rebate trips to Hawaii!

Date created: 2013-06-11 Name: Dissatisfied customer

"Horrible"
Piece of crap, I have had my unit for 3 years. Compressors have gone out twice, now I have to replace a split coil on the outside unit. I would never recommend this place ever!

Date created: 2013-06-08 Name: John Smith
Location: Austin

"Listen Up People.."
I've read a lot of reviews on here hearing people say Goodman/Amana equipment is terrible. This is simply not the case. A lot of you are complaining about your compressor going out. If you (or your contractor) would have registered the equipment online, this would be way less of a hassle than it has to be. We stand by our equipment with 10 year parts, 10 year unit replacement, lifetime compressor replacement and lifetime heat exchanger replacement. The problems you are all running into are with half assed contractors. I see them and load their equipment up every day. You need to do really in depth research before you pull out your phonebook and choose the "right looking" company. If they come to your residence or business looking like slobs, you'll get sloppy half assed work. On the other side of the token, there are really good contractors out there that I sell equipment to daily or every other day. Those are the guys I would trust. Do your research people!

Date created: 2013-06-05 Name: mick mathewson
Location: indio,ca

"Avoid Goodman"
My unit is 18 months old and compressor has failed. I now have to replace the compressor with an 800 dollar labor charge added to the purchase price of 5500, total cost 6300 dollars. You can buy a name brand unit from a real company with a labour warranty for this price. My lesson learned, go elsewhere so you do not repeat this experience!

Date created: 2013-06-04 Name: M Moore
Location: Sugar Land, TX

"Two New Units - Both Failed Within Two Years"
Installed two new Goodman cooling units and one compressor unit in 2009. Needed service for low freon in 2010 and again in 2011 and 2012. May 2013 both units needed freon and inspector says both cooling coils need to be replaced. In my view neither were good from the start.

Date created: 2013-06-04 Name: Ceb
Location: Newport News, va

"Horrible"
I moved in to my new home November 30, 2012. On December 1, my heat went out. Tonight I write this review on my 5th service call. I do know this company is still in business.

Date created: 2013-05-31 Name: Chris
Location: Ohio

"Wow"
Wow! Has anyone ever heard of the phrase as its only as good as the installer. I have been selling all goodman equipment and never had any problems with them. If it is installed correctly it will last as long as the rest . One person wrote that the company used the wrong soldier ,ok that's his problem not equipment failure and by the way you can buy a warranty to up to 10 yr parts and labor at a very reasonable price. One other thing maybe get a better contractor to do the repairs right the first time

Date created: 2013-05-29 Name: Franklin S
Location: NC

"Worst Purchase Ever... Consider Yourself Warned"
Worst Purchase Ever... Consider Yourself Warned I have read several reviews on Goodman systems and everyone complains about it going out 4 or 5 times. Mine has too, in the last 2 months. I have honestly lost count of the number of times it has been repaired and we have had it for 3.5 years. It has literally been out of service more than in service lately. It has a new coil, compressor and 2 or 3 motors and today it's broken again. It has leaked and clogged and pretty much everything you can think of. It is an absolute joke. I only pray I don't destroy it in a fit of rage and void my "warranty"(if it can be called that).

Date created: 2013-05-29 Name: Joe
Location: Texas

"Goodman - never again"
Installed May 17, 2012, Failed May 26, 2013. Lasted 1 year and 9 days. Parts not on hand, have to be ordered. Installed 2 blower motors, still not working, ordered circuit board, have to wait another day. Schedule to be repaired May 30, 2013 in the afternoon. What will the diagnoses be next when this doesn't fix the problem?

Date created: 2013-05-27 Name: M. Tabb
Location: Largo Md.

"Compressor Condenser"
Had unit installed on 03/10/10 by a well-known contractor. By 06/10/10 lost 6lbs. of R22. They used the wrong solder. Called same contractor who said R22 was not covered under warranty. Refused to pay and was not charged. Year later, lost R22 again. Called different contractor who showed me the leak. He used the right solder and the unit has had no problems.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>