Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-08-27 Name: D.Taylor

"Not a good company"
I have only been in my home for 2 and a 1/2 years. My unit needs a new coil. I am the first homeowner of my home. Brand new home, I called to see about the warranty and I was told my warranty only covers the part and not the labor. I don't think this is fair. After reading up on this company, I see that they have had a lot of problems with the coil on these units and they sometimes are replace and still aren't any good. I will never ever buy anything from this company. And when you call them they act like they don't care. BAD Company!!!

Date created: 2014-08-26 Name: James M Ofsanko
Location: New Jersey

"I install them"
Never had a unit go bad in the last 5 years I have been installing them. A lot about a system depends on who installed and if it was installed properly. Which, in this business, I find a lot cut corners. With new laws coming to New Jersey, should weed out the fly by nighters. I also agree with a post - most units are cut from the same cloth.

Date created: 2014-08-20 Name: Dennis Anderson
Location: East Troy, WI

"Pissed"
Junk.. Second time in 2 years it broke down. Now needs a new compressor. My option is wait for 2 weeks for one to be shipped or pay 100.00 for 3 to 4 day shipping. Mid August and here I sit...Should have got a name brand. Oh well..

Date created: 2014-08-12 Name: Joanne H. Taylor
Location: Barrrington, Rhode Island

"Housewife"
Had gas furnace and a/c unit installed in August of 2010. Starting in June of 2011 every time a/c unit ran water could accumulate on cellar floor. After finally getting my own plumbing contractor, as the company who installed the unit kept giving me the runaround, found out we had a crack in the tray which should collect the water and send it to the pump. Goodman said it was the fault of the contractor who installed the unit, that they damaged the tray. Had a new unit installed, at my expense, and the same thing happened to this second tray. Wrote to the company and they replied that they manufacture the best quality equipment and gave me the excuse that I should have purchased their "so called plan". They never honored any warranty within the time period. Would never recommend this product to anyone. So far it has cost me almost as much for repairs as I paid for the new unit at the time of purchase. Other unit I had lasted me for fifteen years and never had a problem. Heard this company was No. 2 in the manufacture of these units. They keep producing equipment and not treating their customers reasonably they will end up being at the bottom.

Date created: 2014-07-31 Name: Renee Klein
Location: Northridge, CA

"Goodman air conditioners suck"
Goodman air conditioners suck big time. My unit always had problems and it only lasted 3 years. The owner of this company should be arrested for imitating a manufacture of air units. For the money I spent it came to the cost of $750.00 per year. My advice is don't buy this product and go with a reputable company that knows what their doing. Rheem, Trane anything other than Goodman. I never even heard of Goodman before my suckie air conditioning repairman put one in. If you enjoy sweating every summer and like to see your electric bill skyrocket then this is the product for you. Last summer I got the biggest electric bill I ever had, because the start up on these units take double the electricity that other units use. When the system would start it sounded like grinding thunder. The system is very flawed so again let me stress this unit isn't even worth the pain and anguish and trouble. I wouldn't even take this unit if somebody paid me for it. Don't buy goodman.

Date created: 2014-07-29 Name: nancy
Location: san antonio, tx

"Goodman high efficiency condenser/5 ton/13 seer"
Our first Goodman high efficiency condenser broke after owning it for only 3 months. They replaced the unit last week and already it is broken. These units are a piece of junk. Will not be wasting our time with Goodman anymore.

Date created: 2014-07-19 Name: Curt Jamison
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"All cut from the same cloth"
Here's the straight facts from an heating & ac industry veteran with four journeyman tickets, 14 years of specialized technical heating & ac experience, and the owner of a rapidly growing heating & ac company. Pretty much all air conditioning equipment made these days is cut from the same cloth, with all manufacturers using ~80% of the exact same components from the exact same component manufacturers (of which there's only 4 major players). Literally, the biggest differences in ACs, brand to brand, is the colour of paint used on the equipment, and the manufacturer's nameplate; that, and the additional ~$1000 the better known brands cost the homeowner to purchase. Most AC brands are incredibly reliable when installed correctly (avoid Coleman home ACs like the plague!), which they very rarely are, and no AC brand will be effective, efficient, and reliable when installed incorrectly. Refrigeration is such a finite science that all the installer needs to do is not mess up what the engineers designed by poor installation practices and the system will run like a top long-term. What often leads the lesser known brands to garner unfavorable reviews is that the "big name brands" (Carrier, Trane, & Lennox) require a contractor to move a large volume of their product to eligible to be a dealer of their product, so the "part-timers", "on-the-siders", and "fly by night" companies end up (poorly) installing the lesser known brands as that's all that's available to them. It's not the brand, it's many of the people using the brand that are the problem. It's a similar situation to "vicious" dog breeds. Pit Bulls themselves aren't the problem, it's the percentage of Pit Bull owners who buy a Pit Bull because they want an aggressive and intimidating dog, and train it to be so, that are the problem. Goodman makes a quality product for a reasonable price point and provides fantastic product support. In my company we use Goodman as our house brand because we believe in the product, so much so that we offer a complimentary 10 year parts and labour warranty on all installations. I also use a Goodman furnace and AC in my own home (when my 12 year old Carrier furnace failed (heat exchanger), and then when my 7 year old Carrier AC (compressor) failed), again because I believe Goodman to be the best value of any current manufacturer. When you buy an AC with brand recognition, you're paying for the name, nothing more. The reputation of excellence that those brands earned (and deservedly so, they did make a superior product for the longest time) was true in days gone by, but they're now just coasting on that reputation, while still pricing their product as if they were still superior. It's your money, do what you will, but I wouldn't be happy paying more to get less.

Date created: 2014-07-17 Name: Ras Shifflett
Location: Virginia

"Hope it doesn't happen to me"
Just got central heating and air -- a Goodman. I had a Rheem and let me tell you: ten years of hell. Don't buy Rheem. Biggest problem I had they cared less about us the buyer. Another problem: HVAC companies will take all your money. I never found one I trusted. Anyway had this Goodman 2 days. Wish me luck.

Date created: 2014-07-15 Name: John s.

"Horrible unit"
Both me and my mom had Goodman units installed at the same time. Her unit broke one year after install. Technician replaced the pump twice before he got a good one. Two years after installation the blower motor burned up. Now she has a bad control board. Mine broke the first time two years after install. Pump was replaced. Now seven years after install pump has died again and needs replacing. Worst ac I have ever owned.

Date created: 2014-07-09 Name: Dale Watkins
Location: Eastpoint, Fl

"Consumer"
The reviews are not bogus! This company should not be in business! I've had to replace every part on this thing over the years and now starting over with replacing parts. Stay away from this company!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>