Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2006-06-24 Years owned: 3

I have a Janitrol ductless split system air conditioner. We have had it for about three years. We have had to call for service every year. Today I tried turning it on and "nothing!". The remote controler display is working but I can't get anything to work (auto, fan,...) I tried the on\off button on the front of the unit. Nothing happens. I check the fuse box and there is no problem with the fuses. I log on to the Janitrol website and the Goodman website looking for an operating manual to determine if I'm doing something wrong. I can't find the manual. I click on the link to customer service for Goodman Mangufacturing. This only gets me to a screen asking for my user name and password. Since I've never been on the site before, I type in the user name and password I typically use with no result. (It wouldn't accept them) I probably haven't had the unit on for more than a total of 400 hours. Between the unreliability of the unit and the inability to find the users manual on line, I'm hot. (In more ways than one.)