Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2006-09-03 Name: R Whitledge
Location: Nashville TN

Goodman equipment was installed by builder in my new house. One system for the main level and a smaller one for the second floor. On 90+degree days the temp in the house would reach 80 degrees with both units running and set at 70 degrees. They never cycled off as they did not cool the house. Service tech said that these units were only designed to cool at 15 degrees below outside temp. This house had a 3ton and a 2ton unit for cooling 2100 square ft. After three service calls and raining ductwork in crawl space I gave up and purchased new system. Cools beautifully. Would never again use a Goodman unit.

Date created: 2006-07-12 Years owned: 5

A/C unit really failed when first summer heat hit 30 days after possesion. D&D determined return air too small-replaced. Next year or so D&D replaced compressor, constant sv calls for not coOling, freon. A/C would not cycle off from 3 to 9 or 10 pm, neighbor's do, also Goodman. 2005 gave up on D&D called someone else, they "fixed leaks." A/C cooled fair all summer, failing again 06. called another Co.,4 lbs freon, says we need to buy a new unit, 39 to $4400 WE NEED HELP!

Date created: 2006-06-24 Years owned: 3

I have a Janitrol ductless split system air conditioner. We have had it for about three years. We have had to call for service every year. Today I tried turning it on and "nothing!". The remote controler display is working but I can't get anything to work (auto, fan,...) I tried the on\off button on the front of the unit. Nothing happens. I check the fuse box and there is no problem with the fuses. I log on to the Janitrol website and the Goodman website looking for an operating manual to determine if I'm doing something wrong. I can't find the manual. I click on the link to customer service for Goodman Mangufacturing. This only gets me to a screen asking for my user name and password. Since I've never been on the site before, I type in the user name and password I typically use with no result. (It wouldn't accept them) I probably haven't had the unit on for more than a total of 400 hours. Between the unreliability of the unit and the inability to find the users manual on line, I'm hot. (In more ways than one.)