Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

Contractors: Are you looking for Quality Leads?
Learn more

Date created: 2008-05-25 Name: Steve Mcclure
Location: Huntingdon, TN

"Goodman 2.5 ton split unit"
I purchased a Goodman Central split unit, electric heat. I have had 4 service calls the first year. Now I'm having the 5th service call because it is freezing up again. I have had 2 Goodman units and the first one had a cracked heat exchanger. When I can afford to replace this I know I will never buy one of their units again. Others have told me there Goodman unit was great but I have had nothing but trouble with both of them that I have owned. Burn me twice never a third time.

Date created: 2008-05-23 Name: Mr. Bob Robinson
Location: La Jolla, CA

"Mr. Bob Robinson"
I'm a HVAC contractor who has owned a Goodman Furnace & A/C system for over 10 years now. I have never had any problems and the system performance is great. I have installed thousands of Goodman Heaters & Air Conditioner over the years and have had almost no call backs and receive letters from many happy customers thanking me for a job well done and for a very good price. As in every business there are hacks, liars, and cheats. They are there to take advantage of consumers and / or general contractors who don't want to pay a fair price for a job to be done properly. I have repaired more Carrier, Lennox, Trane, Rheem, Schnider General systems than Goodman by a longshot. When Goodman is the 2nd largest A/C manufacture in the U.S. with a larger market share than all but Carrier, that speaks for itself. No manufacture is perfect, but most of the people that have had problems only have themselves to blame and the people they used to do the work for them. If you don't want to be screwed, then don't deal with screwballs, or con artist. Good Luck, the choice is yours.
Date created: 2008-05-20 Name: No luck with Goodman
Location: Sacramento, CA

This unit, a 5 ton, 12 seer unit has not performed well from day one in 1999 on our new house. It required three service calls to get the house below 84 degrees. It has never cooled the house well since then and runs almost constantly in the summer. One month's electricity bill in 2007 hit $830.00!! (Yes, I change my filter regularly).
Date created: 2008-05-20 Name: Bill Umbarger
Location: Brooklet, Georgia

I have read the reviews about the Goodman A/C and not real impressed since I purchased one 2 years ago. We are starting to have some trouble with this unit. I wish I had researched it farther before I bought a Goodman.
Date created: 2008-05-12 Name: J. Jjenk
Location: Alpharetta, GA

Goodman was in older house we bought three years ago. It cools great and have only replaced the filters every six months.
Date created: 2008-04-30 Name: R. Mosley
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Works like a charm. I have never had any problems with the Goodman AC system. I had it installed by a licensed contractor and have it routinely serviced every year. Runs very quiet compared to my old AC. I have no complaints about this air conditioner.
Date created: 2008-04-23 Name: S. Rendahl
Location: Mesa, AZ

We have two builder special units that came with our newly built home in 2007. Fortunately for us we upgraded our units in tonage and seer. I feel that this is probably the only thing that has allowed our units to keep working well and reliably. Neighbors have had nothing but grief with their units (they did not upgrade). I would like to complain that the seer rating does not seem to match with our electric bills. On a routine maintenance call, the technician laughed at the seer rating said our 12 was more likely a 10 maybe. He also said his company should get rich in our neighborhood at replacement time. Best advice is to try you best to maintain your equipment. If you can afford to buy extra ton-age do it. It seems to have helped us keep the repairs to a minimum.
Date created: 2008-04-05 Name: P. Heafner
Location: Raleigh, NC

Ours is a combination gas heat/air conditioning unit that was installed 2 1/2 years ago and we have had 4 repair calls. We are very disappointed in the installer and our friend that recommended this brand.
Date created: 2008-03-12 Name: Robert Decker
Location: CA

I install a ton of Goodman furnaces and air conditioners. If people are having problems with theres, most likely they chose a low ball contractor, or handyman type to install it. If Goodman is installed right, they last!!! I have two systems. I have put in so many I've lost count. I only ever had three call backs. Less than 1/10 of 1%. That is better that most!!
Date created: 2008-02-21 Name: The Lucky One
Location: Houston, Texas

15 years and still running!!! Replaced blower fan once in those 15 years and 5 months. "Still chilling with Goodman 12Seer in Houston!"