Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-01-08 Name: G.Correia
Location: Winchester,MA

"An okay evaporator"
I have had my Goodman unit for 15 years straight without too many problems. The unit has survived some very bad winters too, when it was covered in snow. However, the unit is loud, and the coil cover is very flexible. Also, the fan motor leaked a bit of oil once. I would not get this brand again, and would not advise getting a Goodman.

Date created: 2015-11-20 Location: Sacramento, CA

"Great, reliable AC system for a home!"
I bought the system in June 2014 because the summer was getting real hot. Installation was easy, I had Sears come out and do the installation. It has performed real well in my 1300 square foot house. I have heard good things about Goodman products and am glad I made the investment.
Date created: 2015-11-06 Name: Lela mcferrin
Location: Chattanooga, TN

"This system did not meet expectations"
I had to replace the motor two months out of warranty. Sorry, but this Goodman system should have lasted longer 5 years and 2 months. Very disappointed! Beware!
Date created: 2015-11-05 Name: J French
Location: Maryville, TN

"Total crap"
Built our house in 2003 and went with a Goodman unit. In January 2010 the compressor went out, $680; then in March 2010 the coil was leaking, $640. In January 2012 the compressor went out again so I bought a whole new unit to hopefully get rid of the problems, $3047. In June of 2015 had to add Freon, $45, and now November 2015 both the coil and compressor have gone out, $1364, although Goodman's customer service said they would pay $325 to help. Not good enough, fool me twice shame on me. I'm buying a new product that will hopefully last more than 4 years. Total crap!
Date created: 2015-10-22 Name: Renee
Location: St Petersburg, FL

"Just bought house, 2009 Goodman AC failed!"
We just bought a house less than 2 months ago and the 2009 Goodman AC has failed miserably just outside the 5 year warranty. These units should last at least 10 years. Now we have to either repair it for $2300 or replace it for more than $4000. Horrible unit with a class action lawsuit against the Goodman AC company for failed condenser coils. I hope the lawsuit wins so all of us can get our money back for these horribly made units!
Date created: 2015-10-12 Name: gena
Location: Corona, CA

"HVAC system"
Brand new unit I saved up for. They have repaired it many times. It's very noisy and unpleasant. They told me noise is normal. Seems like when it is humid it does not cool. I do not even want to turn it on. I would think a government agency would go after this company for ripping folks off. I don't even know where the serial numbers are and there is no Goodman logo on either unit so is it really a Goodman? Manufacturer says to take it up with the installer. Really? Better Business Bureau is next on my list. Very concerned about warranty issues later.
Date created: 2015-09-02 Name: dror
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Poor service by Goodman personal"
Over the past 10 months I have purchased over 120 units of 2 ton condensers and air handlers. Several units had manufacturer defects. I had a meeting with a Goodman sale rep, with a conclusion that the sales rep will get back to me. It is now 3 months and I've been totally ignored about the issue from the sales rep. If you call tech support you're guaranteed to lose 3 or 4 hours on hold, and then you will face someone who will ask you questions from a book, with no field experience at all. I will definitely start looking for an alternative supplier, as Goodman shows poor customer service.
Date created: 2015-09-01 Name: M kozeniecki
Location: Milwaukee, WI

"Worst AC unit ever"
This unit breaks down more than any unit I've had in the past. Within three years of installation, the motor needed to be replaced. The interior of the unit started rusting out in the first year. Had trouble with the compressor. I would not recommend a Goodman central air unit!
Date created: 2015-08-26 Name: unhappy buyer
Location: Kansas City, MO

"Never buy"
I bought this unit 1 year ago and it does not cool and it is the noisiest unit I have ever owned. I am so unhappy with this unit I am thinking about just taking it out and buying another unit. I will never buy any other products from Goodman. It was a horrible purchase to begin with. Do not make the same mistake.
Date created: 2015-08-25 Name: SL
Location: Morrisville, NC

"Goodman rip-off"
In our community, a builder has installed Goodman AC/Furnace/compressors and they stopped working after 9-10 years timeline. I can understand one or two houses. But many houses have the same problem. Now, it's in my house also. I have to replace it with a new one and it cost $$$$. I think there is something that Goodman is controlling or an embedded program in the chip. How come equipment is going bad in 9-10 years time frame (not only one but many). This is kind of a rip-off.
<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>