Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-06-04 Name: MItchell Abernathy
Location: Nashville,Tn

"Not a happy customer"
The day we received our unit they left it at the end of our driveway. We only had the unit for a week and it stopped working and apparently it had a freon leak. That was May 10th and its June 4 and we still haven't received the part to fix our unit. They keep you on hold forever. I am not happy with the service and if I could go back I would not choose this company or recommend them to anyone else

Date created: 2014-06-03 Name: Kathleen W.
Location: Dallas, TX

"Goodman AC"
I have a 2002 Goodman system that has had minimal problems. In the last five years, I have only replaced the capacitor at a cost of $125.00. It's so true about the install. Some contractors think Goodman is junk and install it in a shoddy way.

Date created: 2014-05-30 Name: s. kubiak
Location: Tn.

"Central unit"
Unit worked about a year I have had 4 service calls about $800 of refrigerant and labor. My fifth call to a new repairman said the copper evaporator coil needs replaced because of leaks by one made of aluminium cost $619 and 10% of those he has replaced leaked. How is that for a knight mare. Congrats Tx. No regulations in your state so this is what we get from products made there. The next time you vote to succeed from the union you have my vote.

Date created: 2014-05-29 Name: Bob
Location: Ohio

"New cars"
Well you thinks it's the brand, sometimes it may be but I find not as often as a you may think. Here is a typical call on my business phone, my ac isn't working when can you get here? I'm out in a hour or two and change your filter! Thanks for the trip charge! Call two: My furnace shut down!! I'm out in a hour or two and change your filter! Thanks for the trip charge! Vines growning on your condensing unit outside? Weeds and grass as tall as a 3 year old blocking the air flow around it make for a very profitable year for me! What would Chevy or Ford do for your blown motor on your one year old car because you never changed the oil? Just a thought!

Date created: 2014-05-21 Name: G.M.
Location: NJ

"Contractor"
First off in my opinion homeowners that blame the equipment for failing, when it wasn't installed properly are morons! The parts in a Goodman are the same in a Trane, American Standard, etc. If you hire low life contractors to do the work, and they don't install it properly, who's fault is that, cheapo? Unfortunately, I'm sure you go though life in the same way. It's always someone else's fought. As far as the warranty, they will honor it as long as it meets there requirements, as with any warranty. If you hire drunks to install it, and they do a crappy job, then they will not. Would you? Have a great day!

Date created: 2014-05-13 Name: B. Donato
Location: Central Virginia

"Goodman/Janitrol Stinks"
The Janitrol name went away but the problems continue...the units we have have failed several times leading to numerous expenses...as soon as possible we will upgrade to another brand.

Date created: 2014-05-09 Name: Jamie Harris
Location: Greenville In

"Bad unit"
Purchased a home almost 4 years ago, bought our Goodman unit brand new. First winter the heat pump went out, first summer the outside unit froze up and the compressor went out, last summer the mother board went out and this year the outside unit is out again. Lennox units are not good either but I would get one of those over another Goodman unit. I am calling Goodman to let them know the whole unit should be replaced they are crap. You would be better off getting window units.

Date created: 2014-05-09 Name: L.Smith
Location: Chesapeake. VA

"Don't buy Goodman"
Bought Sept 2012 $6300.00. ~5/06/2014 not even 2 yrs old bad compressor. They don't cover labor 715.00 to fix it. 6300.00 one would think it would last longer than a year and a half. Don't waste your money. I'll buy a window unit before I ever buy a Goodman again.

Date created: 2014-04-25 Name: D. Guajardo
Location: Ft. Worth, Tx

"Goodman rips buyers off"
Had a Goodman a/c and heating unit installed in my home in 2005. The heating unit is in an upstairs attic. The companies employees smoked and drank beer the whole time they were here. I was not home at the time, I was working. They left exposed wiring and the unit has never worked properly. Upon complaining to the company about their horrible work and work ethics, I could never get a call returned. This year, 2014, the a/c unit went out. The contractor that looked at the unit stated that all mechanical parts were burnt up. A new unit will cost 2200.00. Never again will I allow a Goodman product be installed in my home. Buyer beware! This company is a farce.

Date created: 2014-04-02 Name: Ron
Location: Palm Springs, CA

"Not having good luck."
Replaced 30 year unit with this model. Since then it has broken down several times. I use it only in summer months from Late May- Sept here in desert. I have it serviced yearly. Since new they always seem to add freon. Now it blows warm air and shut down. I must call repair company again. I wish I still had the old one. This will be second repair. Next time I need a new a/c I will do my research and first read reviews.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>