Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-06-29 Name: Mary
Location: Glendale AZ

"Delay while manufacturer makes a part"
Broke down after 2 months. Company put a band aid on it until part comes in. The manufacturer has to make the part. Extremely disappointed.

Date created: 2014-06-19 Name: RJ Sanders
Location: Ocala, Fl

"Bought about 6 yrs ago-"
Unit has had the evaporator - condenser and compressor replaced in that time!!! This brand is junk.

Date created: 2014-06-11 Name: J. Allen
Location: Sharon Springs, Kansas

"Pathetic Service"
I am a Carrier and Thermo King certified technician for transit applications. The Goodman condensing and air handler units are pretty much, technically, generic. Where they fail is in customer service. I have been trying, unsuccessfully, for three weeks to purchase a control panel and transformer for the above mentioned unit. According to three of their distributors, the model and serial numbers I give them are not valid??? Still no parts!! John

Date created: 2014-06-11 Name: B. Lang
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"2 Units"
Bought a new home in 2005. Had 2 of the same units installed. One for downstairs and one for the upstairs. The unit for downstairs unit - I have had no problems. History of the unit for upstairs - 1) 2006-08 regular maintennance/no problems. 2) 2009- checked for leaks found no problems but added 3 lbs. of freon. hmm? 3) 2010- replaced dual run capacitor. Found leak in both valves on unit. added 2 lbs. of freon. 4) 2011 - Found oper run capacitor and fan not running. Replaced dual run capacitor. 5) 2013 - Found leaks in evap coil needs to be replaced, added 2 lbs. of freon. We didn't replace coil. $$$. 6) 2014 - Leak! haha. not funny but not surprised., weak condenser fan capacitor, added 3 lbs. of freon. So, either I replace the coil or buy a new unit. Not sure what to do.

Date created: 2014-06-10 Name: H. Rouse
Location: kinston, nc

"Goodman high effiency central unit"
I have read the reviews and can truthfully say the following, When I purchased my Goodman product the installer was a reputable dealer who had been in business for 20+ years. He recommended Goodman as the best on the market; durable, easy to maintain, and exactly what we needed. I couldn't be more dissatisfied with the unit and the contractor. The unit freezes up in the winter, and has now blown an in-blower fan motor that can't be found anywhere. The Dealer/contractor can't keep an appointment time, or tell the same story twice in a row as to why it's been a week now that we are without a/C. Everything is still under warranty, money shouldn't be an issue. I know mechanical things break, but help out the people who have supported your product with service and part availability. No more Goodman or our installer for me.

Date created: 2014-06-07 Name: Marilyn
Location: Lillington, NC

"Lasted 12 years"
About 2 years ago I had a capacitor replaced. The compressor just went out. My unit lasted 12 years. I did yearly maintenance on it. I also keep my thermostat at about 78 or above in the summer and 65 or below in the winter. My monthly bill averaged $80.00 for a 1000 square foot house.

Date created: 2014-06-04 Name: MItchell Abernathy
Location: Nashville,Tn

"Not a happy customer"
The day we received our unit they left it at the end of our driveway. We only had the unit for a week and it stopped working and apparently it had a freon leak. That was May 10th and its June 4 and we still haven't received the part to fix our unit. They keep you on hold forever. I am not happy with the service and if I could go back I would not choose this company or recommend them to anyone else

Date created: 2014-06-03 Name: Kathleen W.
Location: Dallas, TX

"Goodman AC"
I have a 2002 Goodman system that has had minimal problems. In the last five years, I have only replaced the capacitor at a cost of $125.00. It's so true about the install. Some contractors think Goodman is junk and install it in a shoddy way.

Date created: 2014-05-30 Name: s. kubiak
Location: Tn.

"Central unit"
Unit worked about a year I have had 4 service calls about $800 of refrigerant and labor. My fifth call to a new repairman said the copper evaporator coil needs replaced because of leaks by one made of aluminium cost $619 and 10% of those he has replaced leaked. How is that for a knight mare. Congrats Tx. No regulations in your state so this is what we get from products made there. The next time you vote to succeed from the union you have my vote.

Date created: 2014-05-29 Name: Bob
Location: Ohio

"New cars"
Well you thinks it's the brand, sometimes it may be but I find not as often as a you may think. Here is a typical call on my business phone, my ac isn't working when can you get here? I'm out in a hour or two and change your filter! Thanks for the trip charge! Call two: My furnace shut down!! I'm out in a hour or two and change your filter! Thanks for the trip charge! Vines growning on your condensing unit outside? Weeds and grass as tall as a 3 year old blocking the air flow around it make for a very profitable year for me! What would Chevy or Ford do for your blown motor on your one year old car because you never changed the oil? Just a thought!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>