Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2007-08-23 Name: K. Match
Location: Florida

A Goodman CLT36-1B system was installed in our newly built home two years ago. This summer it has malfunctioned repeatedly. The blower failed in May, and then it stopped cooling the house in the afternoon and evening. The original installer refused to recognize that there was a problem for weeks, doing his best to run up service call charges while telling me that it was unreasonable to expect the unit to cool the house to 73 degrees. I found another air conditioning company who determined that the evaporator coil on top of the furnace (this is a split system) had developed serious leaks. They discovered that Goodman apparently has redesigned that coil, and the new version will be installed tomorrow. I am told that these problems arise when new home builders pressure air conditioning contractors to install cheap equipment. The contractors make very little money on the installation but hope to make money on the service calls that they know will follow the installation. One good way to judge a builder is to ask what brand of air conditioning system they will install. If they say Goodman, thank them and hang up.

Date created: 2007-08-22 Name: Dennis Gillich
Location: Michigan

No problems I have a 13 seer two ton unit. Cools while condo which is two story 800 sq. feet. Upstairs is just as cool as first floor. Moonlighting installed and owner was great. Best price of of all brands and certified installers.

Date created: 2007-08-17 Name: D. Kaye
Location: Bullhead City, AZ

BEWARE OF GOODMAN AC! I purchased this Goodman AC CK49-1B May 2001. I have had to replace the motor within one year, the condenser several times, 3A fuse a few times, freeon and now I have had to replace the compressor. I would not advise anyone to purchase a GOODMAN AC. They are nothing but JUNK. Once it was installed I had a hard time to get the contractor to come back out. He told me that I needed to water cool the AC because my blower was bad. Finally I was told it needed a hard start. Now I find out that because of the hard start that is why my compressor went out. I see that I am not the only person that has had problems with this model AC. DO NOT PURCHASE A GOODMAN AC. I have had other AC's in the past in other homes I owned and NEVER had to call a repairman out to fix them. This contractor JIMCO in Bullhead City installed a 4 ton AC and I had a 3 ton Furnace. It took me a couple of years before I could afford a new 4 ton heater to be compatible with the AC. Even with the new heater I still have problems. This AC has put me back several thousand dollars in the past 6 years in repairs. Now I just put out $800.00 for a new compressor. How can a company be allowed to keep putting out such JUNK AC's? They wouldn't even acknowledge my warranty when I called. I was told that my warranty was out dated that my unit was a 1998, not a 2001. I have had a repairman come out on the average of 5 times or more per year costing from $185.00 on up per visit. It's like my AC has a device that waits until a week-end or 3 day holiday to go out. I can't do without an AC because it reaches 128 where I live in AZ. Yes, I am REAL UPSET especially after reading all the unsatisfied remarks. I wish I knew 6 years ago what a piece of JUNK the GOODMAN is.

Date created: 2007-08-17 Name: Dennis
Location: Michigan

I have 2 ton 13 seer and it cools 800 sq. foot condo both floors. Previous AC never cooled upper floor. The certified installer was a great guy.

Date created: 2007-07-25 Name: David Jon Cason, DVM
Location: Wagoner, OK

never could get the unit to work properly. will not get my house below 80, and it never shuts off. I was screwed for $1853.00. in my opinion.Dealing with the company was a waste of time.I am going to get another contractor to put another brand in this week. David Jon Cason DVM ( [email protected] )

Date created: 2007-07-12 Name: Lillian M. Kanyok
Location: Berea, Oh,44017

I purchased my unit on 04-15-99........I had to call for service about 3 years after it was installed, and it was fixed to my satisfaction. Yesterday, 07-11-2007, it stopped working. I called in a repair service, and was told the condenser was completely shot.......ro repair it will cost apprx. $2065.00, and to replace it will cost apprx. $3000.00............I only paid $1499+ to have my Janitrol installed.........any recourse for me???????

Date created: 2007-06-16 Name: S. Shipley
Location: Fountain, CO.

Our Goodman AC unit has performed flawlessly now going on its 4th summer. We could not ask for more out of an AC. The contractor did an excellent job installing it and we have not been disappointed.

Date created: 2007-05-16 Name: R. Smith
Location: North Augusta. SC

Three Gas packs but in the same neighborhood two years ago. All leaking freon and freezing up. 100% failure rate. Im sure others giving problems.

Date created: 2007-04-26 Name: A Klayko
Location: Louisville KY

It has been a terrible unit. Nothing but problems from the second year on and now I have to replace it. I would not recommedn this brand to anyone.

Date created: 2006-11-09 Name: M. Riley
Location: Columbia, SC

The Goodman heating & air unit I own is "very, very", loud. It came with my new home of 6 months and I've complained about it ever since. I didn't have a choice in the selection,the builder chose our units. I've had other heating & air units that were much quieter. When the unit comes on and shuts off,it makes a loud clanging/banging sound to the point where it wakes me up every night. No one(i.e. builder, service tech) seems to think that there is a problem with the unit. I beg to differ because I've had quieter units before.