Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2007-08-22 Name: Dennis Gillich
Location: Michigan

No problems I have a 13 seer two ton unit. Cools while condo which is two story 800 sq. feet. Upstairs is just as cool as first floor. Moonlighting installed and owner was great. Best price of of all brands and certified installers.

Date created: 2007-08-17 Name: D. Kaye
Location: Bullhead City, AZ

BEWARE OF GOODMAN AC! I purchased this Goodman AC CK49-1B May 2001. I have had to replace the motor within one year, the condenser several times, 3A fuse a few times, freeon and now I have had to replace the compressor. I would not advise anyone to purchase a GOODMAN AC. They are nothing but JUNK. Once it was installed I had a hard time to get the contractor to come back out. He told me that I needed to water cool the AC because my blower was bad. Finally I was told it needed a hard start. Now I find out that because of the hard start that is why my compressor went out. I see that I am not the only person that has had problems with this model AC. DO NOT PURCHASE A GOODMAN AC. I have had other AC's in the past in other homes I owned and NEVER had to call a repairman out to fix them. This contractor JIMCO in Bullhead City installed a 4 ton AC and I had a 3 ton Furnace. It took me a couple of years before I could afford a new 4 ton heater to be compatible with the AC. Even with the new heater I still have problems. This AC has put me back several thousand dollars in the past 6 years in repairs. Now I just put out $800.00 for a new compressor. How can a company be allowed to keep putting out such JUNK AC's? They wouldn't even acknowledge my warranty when I called. I was told that my warranty was out dated that my unit was a 1998, not a 2001. I have had a repairman come out on the average of 5 times or more per year costing from $185.00 on up per visit. It's like my AC has a device that waits until a week-end or 3 day holiday to go out. I can't do without an AC because it reaches 128 where I live in AZ. Yes, I am REAL UPSET especially after reading all the unsatisfied remarks. I wish I knew 6 years ago what a piece of JUNK the GOODMAN is.

Date created: 2007-08-17 Name: Dennis
Location: Michigan

I have 2 ton 13 seer and it cools 800 sq. foot condo both floors. Previous AC never cooled upper floor. The certified installer was a great guy.

Date created: 2007-07-25 Name: David Jon Cason, DVM
Location: Wagoner, OK

never could get the unit to work properly. will not get my house below 80, and it never shuts off. I was screwed for $1853.00. in my opinion.Dealing with the company was a waste of time.I am going to get another contractor to put another brand in this week. David Jon Cason DVM ( [email protected] )

Date created: 2007-07-12 Name: Lillian M. Kanyok
Location: Berea, Oh,44017

I purchased my unit on 04-15-99........I had to call for service about 3 years after it was installed, and it was fixed to my satisfaction. Yesterday, 07-11-2007, it stopped working. I called in a repair service, and was told the condenser was completely shot.......ro repair it will cost apprx. $2065.00, and to replace it will cost apprx. $3000.00............I only paid $1499+ to have my Janitrol installed.........any recourse for me???????

Date created: 2007-06-16 Name: S. Shipley
Location: Fountain, CO.

Our Goodman AC unit has performed flawlessly now going on its 4th summer. We could not ask for more out of an AC. The contractor did an excellent job installing it and we have not been disappointed.

Date created: 2007-05-16 Name: R. Smith
Location: North Augusta. SC

Three Gas packs but in the same neighborhood two years ago. All leaking freon and freezing up. 100% failure rate. Im sure others giving problems.

Date created: 2007-04-26 Name: A Klayko
Location: Louisville KY

It has been a terrible unit. Nothing but problems from the second year on and now I have to replace it. I would not recommedn this brand to anyone.

Date created: 2006-11-09 Name: M. Riley
Location: Columbia, SC

The Goodman heating & air unit I own is "very, very", loud. It came with my new home of 6 months and I've complained about it ever since. I didn't have a choice in the selection,the builder chose our units. I've had other heating & air units that were much quieter. When the unit comes on and shuts off,it makes a loud clanging/banging sound to the point where it wakes me up every night. No one(i.e. builder, service tech) seems to think that there is a problem with the unit. I beg to differ because I've had quieter units before.

Date created: 2006-09-03 Name: R Whitledge
Location: Nashville TN

Goodman equipment was installed by builder in my new house. One system for the main level and a smaller one for the second floor. On 90+degree days the temp in the house would reach 80 degrees with both units running and set at 70 degrees. They never cycled off as they did not cool the house. Service tech said that these units were only designed to cool at 15 degrees below outside temp. This house had a 3ton and a 2ton unit for cooling 2100 square ft. After three service calls and raining ductwork in crawl space I gave up and purchased new system. Cools beautifully. Would never again use a Goodman unit.