Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-06-16 Name: J Badgley
Location: Tallahassee, Florida

"J Badgley"
I have been in the HVAC field for 40 years. I have worked for a utility company's service department for 38 years. We repaired Goodman equipment and in general they are simple to repair and very reliable. Proper installation is the key to good running equipment. The installer must read the installation manual! I inspected new installations for the utility and you would be surprise on how many installers don't read the manuals. I am going to replace my AC system with a Goodman because they give you bang for the buck. Also I replace my equipment every 9 years. Technology changes and efficiency improves. It pays to upgrade if you can afford it.

Date created: 2008-06-13 Name: Jennifer Downs
Location: Davidsonville, Maryland

"Unhappy Home Owner"
Bought a system in August of 04. August of 07, the fan motor needed to be replaced. June of 08, Reversing valve leaked all freon out and so I had that replaced and the system re-charged. I called the consumer affairs department with Goodman and the lady told me I should have bought the extended warranty (it's not even 5 years old!) Even though the parts were under warranty, I've spent over $500 in labor.

Date created: 2008-06-12 Name: A Peterson
Location: Texas

My unit is just over 2 years old, The contractor that built my house swore by the unit. They have worked flawlessly up to the 2-year mark. Then 1 of the 2 units started acting up. First service call, installed a hot start, second service call, a compressor, now waiting on the third service call, hopefully they make it today, its supposed to get 98 degrees today. Stay away from these units.

Date created: 2008-06-11 Name: Vicki V.
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"Goodman: The Bucket of Bolts"
We built a brand new house in 2001 and have had problems with this unit from day 1! I wanted a Trane, but the builder strong armed us into a Goodman. I'm sure he got a kickback. Every year it loses freon and we have to have someone come out and add more freon. Our air-conditioner man said that Goodman is the bottom of the line. I am looking at putting in another unit next year.

Date created: 2008-06-10 Name: Don Q.
Location: Murfreesboro, TN

"Good units for the money"
Had 2 Goodman units in the house when we moved in 12 years ago, 1 gas pack downstairs and 1 split for upstairs. Both lasted 12/13 years with virtually no problems. Recently replaced both with the new Goodman units (13 seer), working great so far and saving on electric bills too. Was told by my HVAC guy who I trust 100% that Goodman bought out Amana a few years back and began using their designs, especially for heat exchangers, which are excellent. Like any brand, a proper installation is critical for longevity/performance.

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: Kevin
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Waste of Money"
We have 2 Goodman units, and have had constant maintenance problems. We have done all of the maintenance required - filters, cleaning coils, etc only to be hit constantly by the machine's breaking down. Same part broke 7 times for 2 ac units at $150 a pop. One of the compressors just went on the larger unit and the repairman said Goodman is such a crappy brand to just replace it.

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: Gerrianne Cannon
Location: Hazlet, New Jersey

"Air Conditioning Unit"
I replaced my old unit with a Goodman recommended by my subcontractor. I bought it in Sept of 2004. In Sept of 05 I had to replace the fan motor. It is now June of 08 and I am replacing the fan motor again.

Date created: 2008-06-08 Name: Paul Olson
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

"Goodman As Good as it Gets"
We installed a Goodman 2.5 ton a/c Furnace combination to replace a five year old Carrier system. Our energy bills dropped by 15% and our home was never cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Great product that has performed flawlessly

Date created: 2008-06-04 Name: Jamie Johnson
Location: Omaha, Nebraska

"had nothing but problems"
I live in Omaha Nebraska and I work for an apartment complex that has Goodman on 7 out of 10 buildings. I have carrier in the other 3. This year which is year 3 for the Goodmanís. A/C is having nothing but problems. We have had about 60 calls so far this year. compressers, contacters, low on freon, and everything else has gone wrong. Oh by the way the Carrer A/Cís are 5 years old and we have never worked on them. To be honest I think Carrer is a good make and will recommend it to anyone. Thanks

Date created: 2008-06-04 Name: Benaghil
Location: Libya

"air conditioning"
Am looking for ac equipment