Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-05-12 Name: J. Jjenk
Location: Alpharetta, GA

Goodman was in older house we bought three years ago. It cools great and have only replaced the filters every six months.

Date created: 2008-04-30 Name: R. Mosley
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Works like a charm. I have never had any problems with the Goodman AC system. I had it installed by a licensed contractor and have it routinely serviced every year. Runs very quiet compared to my old AC. I have no complaints about this air conditioner.

Date created: 2008-04-23 Name: S. Rendahl
Location: Mesa, AZ

We have two builder special units that came with our newly built home in 2007. Fortunately for us we upgraded our units in tonage and seer. I feel that this is probably the only thing that has allowed our units to keep working well and reliably. Neighbors have had nothing but grief with their units (they did not upgrade). I would like to complain that the seer rating does not seem to match with our electric bills. On a routine maintenance call, the technician laughed at the seer rating said our 12 was more likely a 10 maybe. He also said his company should get rich in our neighborhood at replacement time. Best advice is to try you best to maintain your equipment. If you can afford to buy extra ton-age do it. It seems to have helped us keep the repairs to a minimum.

Date created: 2008-04-05 Name: P. Heafner
Location: Raleigh, NC

Ours is a combination gas heat/air conditioning unit that was installed 2 1/2 years ago and we have had 4 repair calls. We are very disappointed in the installer and our friend that recommended this brand.

Date created: 2008-03-12 Name: Robert Decker
Location: CA

I install a ton of Goodman furnaces and air conditioners. If people are having problems with theres, most likely they chose a low ball contractor, or handyman type to install it. If Goodman is installed right, they last!!! I have two systems. I have put in so many I've lost count. I only ever had three call backs. Less than 1/10 of 1%. That is better that most!!

Date created: 2008-02-21 Name: The Lucky One
Location: Houston, Texas

15 years and still running!!! Replaced blower fan once in those 15 years and 5 months. "Still chilling with Goodman 12Seer in Houston!"

Date created: 2007-12-03 Name: R. McHugh
Location: Jensen Beach, FL

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING THIS BRAND. THIS UNIT WAS IN THE HOUSE WHEN WE BOUGHT IT NEW 6 YEARS AGO AND HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS EVER SINCE. THE BUILDER PUT THESE INTO ALL THE HOMES IN HE BUILT BECAUSE THEY WERE THE CHEAPEST UNITS HE COULD FIND. WE HAVE JUST BEEN TOLD NOT TO POUR MORE MONEY INTO IT BECAUSE OF THE EXTREMELY BAD QUALITY. WE ARE NOW FORCED TO PURCHASE ANOTHER BRAND (RHEEM) FOR ABOUT $4,500. GOODMAN IS NOTHING BUT JUNK!

Date created: 2007-09-07 Name: K. Abbas
Location: Gilbert, AZ

With a 2 story house in central Arizona, we have two of these units. I believe their designation is Little P.O.S for the small unit and Big P.O.S. for the larger unit. If it's not, it should be. One of the units in the attic has been serviced no less than 10 times in the past 5 years because it continuously overflows water. They have blown lines and leveled to no avail. This piece resumes problems anywhere from a day to a month later. The lower, external units have both had fans and relays replaced and one needs a new fan again. Now my compressor is bad in the same unit as well. If I need move again but see a "Goodman" A/C in the new house, either the owners will have to replace the unit, or I'll move on. I have performed yearly maintenance as required, and there is no excuse for a unit to have this many problems in 5.5 years. All together now, I could have bought a real A/C unit for what this has cost me.

Date created: 2007-08-27 Name: Silver, L
Location: Jensen Beach, FL

I live in Florida and I have to say that my system lasted me about 15 years - and I'm not good about maintenance. Obviously the reason I'm on this site now is because it's taking it's last breath. I was thinking about replacing it with another Goodman - but now I'm having some serious doubts.

Date created: 2007-08-23 Name: K. Match
Location: Florida

A Goodman CLT36-1B system was installed in our newly built home two years ago. This summer it has malfunctioned repeatedly. The blower failed in May, and then it stopped cooling the house in the afternoon and evening. The original installer refused to recognize that there was a problem for weeks, doing his best to run up service call charges while telling me that it was unreasonable to expect the unit to cool the house to 73 degrees. I found another air conditioning company who determined that the evaporator coil on top of the furnace (this is a split system) had developed serious leaks. They discovered that Goodman apparently has redesigned that coil, and the new version will be installed tomorrow. I am told that these problems arise when new home builders pressure air conditioning contractors to install cheap equipment. The contractors make very little money on the installation but hope to make money on the service calls that they know will follow the installation. One good way to judge a builder is to ask what brand of air conditioning system they will install. If they say Goodman, thank them and hang up.