Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-06-04 Name: Jamie Johnson
Location: Omaha, Nebraska

"had nothing but problems"
I live in Omaha Nebraska and I work for an apartment complex that has Goodman on 7 out of 10 buildings. I have carrier in the other 3. This year which is year 3 for the Goodmanís. A/C is having nothing but problems. We have had about 60 calls so far this year. compressers, contacters, low on freon, and everything else has gone wrong. Oh by the way the Carrer A/Cís are 5 years old and we have never worked on them. To be honest I think Carrer is a good make and will recommend it to anyone. Thanks

Date created: 2008-06-04 Name: Benaghil
Location: Libya

"air conditioning"
Am looking for ac equipment

Date created: 2008-06-02 Name: George H. Sparks
Location: Horn Lake, MS

"GHS"
New house. Seer 16 and Seer 13. First service call less than 2 months after closing on home. 2nd service call about 1 week later. 3rd service call two days after the second. 4th service call about a week and 1/2 later. 5th service call about 3 days after the 4th. 6th service call about 1 week later. Finally made it to the end of the summer. Summer 2008 - used air about 1 month upper unit seer 13 - fan will not work. I believe the fan relay is bad. I will probably eventually replace both units. If I buy a Goodman I hope someone will shoot me for being stupid!!

Date created: 2008-06-01 Name: Mikey D
Location: NH

"absolute garbage"
New house, new central ac unit. This thing has been problematic from day one. First is sounded like a plane taking off, basically it's very loud but I'm told "that's the way these units are".. Weak airflow after three weeks, service guy fixes it but says these units stink. Next season had refrigerant leak fixed. Last season had fan replaced. This season needed to be repaired again. Please stay away from these products, they are built cheap with poorly constructed parts and installed by contractors for top dollar taking advantage of home buyers. I should have researched this brand before I agreed. Lesson learned. Invest money in a better brand that stands behind their product. If you are buying a new house, insist on a different unit. My neighbor did and he's had no issues for the same time.

Date created: 2008-05-31 Name: Czell
Location: Leander, TX

"costly, goodman"
House is 5yrs, I have lived in the house three years, nothing but problems.

Date created: 2008-05-28 Name: PAUL M.
Location: Naples, FL

"GOOD UNITS"
I'm in Florida and I repair and install A/C units, I personally have two 3 1/2 Goodman units at my place of business for at least 10 years. The building has no insulation, and its made out of metal, which are very hard on A/C's no matter what brand. After reading some of your complaints it sounds to me like some of you just had shitty companies out to service your units, and it sounds to me like some units are undersized which builders tend to do sometimes. Be careful about companies (techs) bad mouthing other brands and other companies just to sell you a complete unit so they can make more commission, my two sons work for a big company here in town and this companies motto is sell, sell, sell!!! I went to a house to give a second opion which I do alot and another big company had told them the Goodman unit which was 4 years old was a piece of junk and they would sell them a new Trane unit for $6500.00. They got lucky and got my number from one of my long time customers, so I went out and found out by the serial number that it was under warranty and repaired it for $300.00 that was 3 years ago and the unit runs great so far. Always get at least 3 different quotes and ask allot of questions. Needles to say I have gotten allot of referrals from this family. Face it Americans, no matter what brand of air conditioners or appliances you buy. THEY JUST DON'T MAKE THEM TO LAST ANYMORE!!!! As a final comment, remember that servicing youíre A/C every 6 months for $89.00 in my area, will go a long way towards a long lasting and efficient unit. Be advised make sure you ask questions and keep an eye on the tech for they will do an incomplete job to get to the next job.

Date created: 2008-05-25 Name: Steve Mcclure
Location: Huntingdon, TN

"Goodman 2.5 ton split unit"
I purchased a Goodman Central split unit, electric heat. I have had 4 service calls the first year. Now I'm having the 5th service call because it is freezing up again. I have had 2 Goodman units and the first one had a cracked heat exchanger. When I can afford to replace this I know I will never buy one of their units again. Others have told me there Goodman unit was great but I have had nothing but trouble with both of them that I have owned. Burn me twice never a third time.

Date created: 2008-05-23 Name: Mr. Bob Robinson
Location: La Jolla, CA

"Mr. Bob Robinson"
I'm a HVAC contractor who has owned a Goodman Furnace & A/C system for over 10 years now. I have never had any problems and the system performance is great. I have installed thousands of Goodman Heaters & Air Conditioner over the years and have had almost no call backs and receive letters from many happy customers thanking me for a job well done and for a very good price. As in every business there are hacks, liars, and cheats. They are there to take advantage of consumers and / or general contractors who don't want to pay a fair price for a job to be done properly. I have repaired more Carrier, Lennox, Trane, Rheem, Schnider General systems than Goodman by a longshot. When Goodman is the 2nd largest A/C manufacture in the U.S. with a larger market share than all but Carrier, that speaks for itself. No manufacture is perfect, but most of the people that have had problems only have themselves to blame and the people they used to do the work for them. If you don't want to be screwed, then don't deal with screwballs, or con artist. Good Luck, the choice is yours.

Date created: 2008-05-20 Name: No luck with Goodman
Location: Sacramento, CA

This unit, a 5 ton, 12 seer unit has not performed well from day one in 1999 on our new house. It required three service calls to get the house below 84 degrees. It has never cooled the house well since then and runs almost constantly in the summer. One month's electricity bill in 2007 hit $830.00!! (Yes, I change my filter regularly).

Date created: 2008-05-20 Name: Bill Umbarger
Location: Brooklet, Georgia

I have read the reviews about the Goodman A/C and not real impressed since I purchased one 2 years ago. We are starting to have some trouble with this unit. I wish I had researched it farther before I bought a Goodman.