Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-06-12 Name: A Peterson
Location: Texas

My unit is just over 2 years old, The contractor that built my house swore by the unit. They have worked flawlessly up to the 2-year mark. Then 1 of the 2 units started acting up. First service call, installed a hot start, second service call, a compressor, now waiting on the third service call, hopefully they make it today, its supposed to get 98 degrees today. Stay away from these units.

Date created: 2008-06-11 Name: Vicki V.
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"Goodman: The Bucket of Bolts"
We built a brand new house in 2001 and have had problems with this unit from day 1! I wanted a Trane, but the builder strong armed us into a Goodman. I'm sure he got a kickback. Every year it loses freon and we have to have someone come out and add more freon. Our air-conditioner man said that Goodman is the bottom of the line. I am looking at putting in another unit next year.

Date created: 2008-06-10 Name: Don Q.
Location: Murfreesboro, TN

"Good units for the money"
Had 2 Goodman units in the house when we moved in 12 years ago, 1 gas pack downstairs and 1 split for upstairs. Both lasted 12/13 years with virtually no problems. Recently replaced both with the new Goodman units (13 seer), working great so far and saving on electric bills too. Was told by my HVAC guy who I trust 100% that Goodman bought out Amana a few years back and began using their designs, especially for heat exchangers, which are excellent. Like any brand, a proper installation is critical for longevity/performance.

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: Kevin
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Waste of Money"
We have 2 Goodman units, and have had constant maintenance problems. We have done all of the maintenance required - filters, cleaning coils, etc only to be hit constantly by the machine's breaking down. Same part broke 7 times for 2 ac units at $150 a pop. One of the compressors just went on the larger unit and the repairman said Goodman is such a crappy brand to just replace it.

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: Gerrianne Cannon
Location: Hazlet, New Jersey

"Air Conditioning Unit"
I replaced my old unit with a Goodman recommended by my subcontractor. I bought it in Sept of 2004. In Sept of 05 I had to replace the fan motor. It is now June of 08 and I am replacing the fan motor again.

Date created: 2008-06-08 Name: Paul Olson
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

"Goodman As Good as it Gets"
We installed a Goodman 2.5 ton a/c Furnace combination to replace a five year old Carrier system. Our energy bills dropped by 15% and our home was never cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Great product that has performed flawlessly

Date created: 2008-06-04 Name: Jamie Johnson
Location: Omaha, Nebraska

"had nothing but problems"
I live in Omaha Nebraska and I work for an apartment complex that has Goodman on 7 out of 10 buildings. I have carrier in the other 3. This year which is year 3 for the Goodmanís. A/C is having nothing but problems. We have had about 60 calls so far this year. compressers, contacters, low on freon, and everything else has gone wrong. Oh by the way the Carrer A/Cís are 5 years old and we have never worked on them. To be honest I think Carrer is a good make and will recommend it to anyone. Thanks

Date created: 2008-06-04 Name: Benaghil
Location: Libya

"air conditioning"
Am looking for ac equipment

Date created: 2008-06-02 Name: George H. Sparks
Location: Horn Lake, MS

"GHS"
New house. Seer 16 and Seer 13. First service call less than 2 months after closing on home. 2nd service call about 1 week later. 3rd service call two days after the second. 4th service call about a week and 1/2 later. 5th service call about 3 days after the 4th. 6th service call about 1 week later. Finally made it to the end of the summer. Summer 2008 - used air about 1 month upper unit seer 13 - fan will not work. I believe the fan relay is bad. I will probably eventually replace both units. If I buy a Goodman I hope someone will shoot me for being stupid!!

Date created: 2008-06-01 Name: Mikey D
Location: NH

"absolute garbage"
New house, new central ac unit. This thing has been problematic from day one. First is sounded like a plane taking off, basically it's very loud but I'm told "that's the way these units are".. Weak airflow after three weeks, service guy fixes it but says these units stink. Next season had refrigerant leak fixed. Last season had fan replaced. This season needed to be repaired again. Please stay away from these products, they are built cheap with poorly constructed parts and installed by contractors for top dollar taking advantage of home buyers. I should have researched this brand before I agreed. Lesson learned. Invest money in a better brand that stands behind their product. If you are buying a new house, insist on a different unit. My neighbor did and he's had no issues for the same time.