Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-07-10 Name: No-GoodMan
Location: Oklahoma

"Save your money"
If it cost you thousands less to purchase and install a Goodman unit over another brand... you will spend may more in repair cost over the "Warranty period" than if you would have just bought a better brand. After 3 years of small problems our blower motor goes out. I called Goodman to check on warranty and find out who the distributor was so I could tell my HVAC guy where to take the motor in to be replaced. I was told I had to have a license to even get the name of the distributor! The Customer support was extremely rude and hateful and after my HVAC guy found out where to take the motor he found that they were back ordered ... 16 units deep! I was told it would be 14 - 20 days before I could get the new motor in. The original installer died and my new HVAC guy hopes that the back ordered motors gives me a hint. He says he will not even install a Goodman due to the problems the unit would cause for his reputation.

Date created: 2008-07-10 Name: D. Black
Location: El Paso, TX

"Don't buy it"
Purchased a Goodman 14 seer A/C unit in summer 2006. After 2 years working properly, it now continually has freon leaks and won't keep cooling for more than a few days. I don't have any resolution on this yet, but I'd say stay away from these.

Date created: 2008-07-08 Name: A. Turner
Location: Waxahachie, TX

"Goodman Air"
Very poor

Date created: 2008-07-01 Name: Yolanda
Location: TX

"Goodman 13 SEER 5 Tons"
6/26/2008 went to the Goodman web site for A/C units and quotes… The web site referred us to a contractor/dealer in our area, Residential A/C Service (ras) in Houston, Texas. We had the unit installed early Friday afternoon and still having the unit serviced four days later. Ridiculous, right? I am not sure if it is a faulty unit (Goodman 13 Seer 5 tons) or the contractor is inexperienced at installing A/C units. Take note on the problems that have occurred with our Goodman 13 Seer 5 tons A/C unit : 1) the unit will not cool the house below 80 degrees, 2) it never shuts off, 3) had to replace a coil after the third day of installation and 4) the unit is loud. I would not recommend this brand or contractor to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2008-06-30 Name: Eleonore Larry
Location: Littltelm, TX

"Manufactory warrienties"
I've purchased my house in 2007 It's been one year at this address on July 25,2008 my Goodman A/C stopped working, I was told the fan motor went out so I had to purchased a brand new one. My question to you is if this unit is only 2years old what is your policy as far as manufactures warranties go? This unit is not an old one, especially since I only purchased this house in 2007, I’m very unsatisfied with this situation.

Date created: 2008-06-27 Name: J Lessard
Location: Traverse City, MI

"Goodman central air"
Unit not even 1 year old and today, the first hot day of the year we turned on the a/c and our Goodman central air is non-functional. Do not buy this brand!

Date created: 2008-06-27 Name: M. Roche
Location: Dallas, TX

"Goodman is JUNK!"
Purchased this unit 2 years ago and have had 2 very expensive service calls. The copper coils spring freon leaks - which is not covered under warranty. I am cutting my losses and installing a Trane today. The repariman said that goodman is the "Kia" of ac units. Do not purchase this product.

Date created: 2008-06-26 Name: Gina
Location: Arizona

"Dont waste your money"
New home and I need a new A/C system

Date created: 2008-06-25 Name: SGA
Location: Montgomery, AL

"Dreadful company; dreadful equipment"
The Goodman HVAC system was installed by the previous owners of my townhouse: I was delighted to have a system that was only two years old. In the past seven years I have replaced the condenser and two leaking coils. I have put freon in every summer. The third coil is leaking--and, of course--is not covered by warranty. There is obviously a quality control problem and a give-a-care problem on the part of the company. Tomorrow I am installing a $10,000 Trane to replace a system that should have lasted another ten years. I would not consider buying another house with a system by Goodman in it!

Date created: 2008-06-24 Name: Mad Bastard
Location: Chandler, AZ

"Jury Out...But so far NOT Happy."
Just had in Warranty coil replaced on split unit. My In Warranty Price for labor and whatever else they wanna clip you for was $800.00. My coil evidently was leaking freon But the good news it was under warranty...Hee Hee Then the contractor hammers you on labor.