Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-07-13 Name: J Miller
Location: Arlington, VA

"Buy only if you like constant buzzing"
Two Goodman units were installed next door for a dual system. When these units are on (which is all the time), the outside units emit a high- pitched mechanical buzzing that is driving me nuts. My Carrier unit has absolutely no buzz; just a gentile whirr of the fan. When I am 10 feet from the Carrier unit, and 50 feet from the Goodman units, the Goodman units are louder by far. Stay away!!!!

Date created: 2008-07-13 Name: Don Folk
Location: Surprise, AZ

"Home owner"
I have owned this house sense it was new 9 years ago and I am planning to replace my unit with a Lennox only because I got a good deal on it. The Goodman has held up to the AZ Phoenix summers very well and only recently has the performance gone down and the cost gone up, other than that the unit has performed well. Like some of the techs that have commented, some of you should check out your service company’s before you have them do work for you.

Date created: 2008-07-12 Name: G. Daniels
Location: Charlote, NC

"No Problems with my Goodman"
I have 2 Goodman A/C’s after dumping my Lennox'S. Never had a problem. Great price, great cooling. I am sorry to hear about all the people having problems but maybe you should scrutinize your service companies before condemning Goodmans,

Date created: 2008-07-10 Name: No-GoodMan
Location: Oklahoma

"Save your money"
If it cost you thousands less to purchase and install a Goodman unit over another brand... you will spend may more in repair cost over the "Warranty period" than if you would have just bought a better brand. After 3 years of small problems our blower motor goes out. I called Goodman to check on warranty and find out who the distributor was so I could tell my HVAC guy where to take the motor in to be replaced. I was told I had to have a license to even get the name of the distributor! The Customer support was extremely rude and hateful and after my HVAC guy found out where to take the motor he found that they were back ordered ... 16 units deep! I was told it would be 14 - 20 days before I could get the new motor in. The original installer died and my new HVAC guy hopes that the back ordered motors gives me a hint. He says he will not even install a Goodman due to the problems the unit would cause for his reputation.

Date created: 2008-07-10 Name: D. Black
Location: El Paso, TX

"Don't buy it"
Purchased a Goodman 14 seer A/C unit in summer 2006. After 2 years working properly, it now continually has freon leaks and won't keep cooling for more than a few days. I don't have any resolution on this yet, but I'd say stay away from these.

Date created: 2008-07-08 Name: A. Turner
Location: Waxahachie, TX

"Goodman Air"
Very poor

Date created: 2008-07-01 Name: Yolanda
Location: TX

"Goodman 13 SEER 5 Tons"
6/26/2008 went to the Goodman web site for A/C units and quotes… The web site referred us to a contractor/dealer in our area, Residential A/C Service (ras) in Houston, Texas. We had the unit installed early Friday afternoon and still having the unit serviced four days later. Ridiculous, right? I am not sure if it is a faulty unit (Goodman 13 Seer 5 tons) or the contractor is inexperienced at installing A/C units. Take note on the problems that have occurred with our Goodman 13 Seer 5 tons A/C unit : 1) the unit will not cool the house below 80 degrees, 2) it never shuts off, 3) had to replace a coil after the third day of installation and 4) the unit is loud. I would not recommend this brand or contractor to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2008-06-30 Name: Eleonore Larry
Location: Littltelm, TX

"Manufactory warrienties"
I've purchased my house in 2007 It's been one year at this address on July 25,2008 my Goodman A/C stopped working, I was told the fan motor went out so I had to purchased a brand new one. My question to you is if this unit is only 2years old what is your policy as far as manufactures warranties go? This unit is not an old one, especially since I only purchased this house in 2007, I’m very unsatisfied with this situation.

Date created: 2008-06-27 Name: J Lessard
Location: Traverse City, MI

"Goodman central air"
Unit not even 1 year old and today, the first hot day of the year we turned on the a/c and our Goodman central air is non-functional. Do not buy this brand!

Date created: 2008-06-27 Name: M. Roche
Location: Dallas, TX

"Goodman is JUNK!"
Purchased this unit 2 years ago and have had 2 very expensive service calls. The copper coils spring freon leaks - which is not covered under warranty. I am cutting my losses and installing a Trane today. The repariman said that goodman is the "Kia" of ac units. Do not purchase this product.