Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-07-01 Name: Yolanda
Location: TX

"Goodman 13 SEER 5 Tons"
6/26/2008 went to the Goodman web site for A/C units and quotes… The web site referred us to a contractor/dealer in our area, Residential A/C Service (ras) in Houston, Texas. We had the unit installed early Friday afternoon and still having the unit serviced four days later. Ridiculous, right? I am not sure if it is a faulty unit (Goodman 13 Seer 5 tons) or the contractor is inexperienced at installing A/C units. Take note on the problems that have occurred with our Goodman 13 Seer 5 tons A/C unit : 1) the unit will not cool the house below 80 degrees, 2) it never shuts off, 3) had to replace a coil after the third day of installation and 4) the unit is loud. I would not recommend this brand or contractor to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2008-06-30 Name: Eleonore Larry
Location: Littltelm, TX

"Manufactory warrienties"
I've purchased my house in 2007 It's been one year at this address on July 25,2008 my Goodman A/C stopped working, I was told the fan motor went out so I had to purchased a brand new one. My question to you is if this unit is only 2years old what is your policy as far as manufactures warranties go? This unit is not an old one, especially since I only purchased this house in 2007, I’m very unsatisfied with this situation.

Date created: 2008-06-27 Name: J Lessard
Location: Traverse City, MI

"Goodman central air"
Unit not even 1 year old and today, the first hot day of the year we turned on the a/c and our Goodman central air is non-functional. Do not buy this brand!

Date created: 2008-06-27 Name: M. Roche
Location: Dallas, TX

"Goodman is JUNK!"
Purchased this unit 2 years ago and have had 2 very expensive service calls. The copper coils spring freon leaks - which is not covered under warranty. I am cutting my losses and installing a Trane today. The repariman said that goodman is the "Kia" of ac units. Do not purchase this product.

Date created: 2008-06-26 Name: Gina
Location: Arizona

"Dont waste your money"
New home and I need a new A/C system

Date created: 2008-06-25 Name: SGA
Location: Montgomery, AL

"Dreadful company; dreadful equipment"
The Goodman HVAC system was installed by the previous owners of my townhouse: I was delighted to have a system that was only two years old. In the past seven years I have replaced the condenser and two leaking coils. I have put freon in every summer. The third coil is leaking--and, of course--is not covered by warranty. There is obviously a quality control problem and a give-a-care problem on the part of the company. Tomorrow I am installing a $10,000 Trane to replace a system that should have lasted another ten years. I would not consider buying another house with a system by Goodman in it!

Date created: 2008-06-24 Name: Mad Bastard
Location: Chandler, AZ

"Jury Out...But so far NOT Happy."
Just had in Warranty coil replaced on split unit. My In Warranty Price for labor and whatever else they wanna clip you for was $800.00. My coil evidently was leaking freon But the good news it was under warranty...Hee Hee Then the contractor hammers you on labor.

Date created: 2008-06-20 Name: Brian
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Own several Goodmans...."
I have used a contractor over the last couple of years, so I now have Goodman in three units.. Townhouse #1 --> Goodman coil only (3 years) Townhouse #2 --> Goodman AC roof unit (2 years) Single Family --> Goodman coil (1 month) No problems so far.. Too soon to tell about quality. However, be aware of the reviews. I was getting nervous that this site had Goodman 2 of 5. As of 6/20/08, I see that Lennox 1 of 5 Rheem 2 of 5 Trane 3 of 5 These are good brands! Conclusion, most people that have problems w/ units are posting.

Date created: 2008-06-17 Name: C. Dickson
Location: Aiken, SC

"Dissatisfied with Goodman"
I would not recommend Goodman products!!! I have had four service calls over 2 years on units that are barely three years old. First it was electronic control boards (two boards failed on the same unit). Most recently, a compressor failed in one unit while a fan failed in the unit sitting beside it. Thank God these were both under warranty (I can see why Goodman has to dangle this carrot now!). Bad news is - we're out $650 in labor to get them repaired! In hindsight, I'd gladly pay more up front for quality; quality in the form of American-Standard, Trane, etc.

Date created: 2008-06-17 Name: Ticked off
Location: Florida

"1 1/2 yrs old and already costing me $$$"
Unit barely 1 1/2 years old, brand new house, and already I'm shelling out $600 to replace the evaporator coil that sprung a leak. It's under warranty, but not the labor of course. So what does the tech tell me that comes out when I ask if this is normal? You have a Goodman so yes, it is normal for this brand of A/C unit. He's been replacing a lot of them lately as they were all installed approximately the same time as mine. I'm filing a complaint with the builder, with Goodman, with my attorney, and with everyone else I can possibly find to complain to.