Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-05-05 Name: Y. Candiotti

"Completely satisfied"
Our Goodman ac was installed in June 2003 and has been completely dependable. We have routine service performed every year. We have not had any breakdowns nor does it have any problems keeping us cool even on the hottest days of the year. We are very pleased with our system.

Date created: 2009-04-14 Name: GOODMAN
Location: MN

"Great Goodman Product"
The Goodman System installed in our house has worked great even in mn. I was a little concerned because the unit was priced very competitively but with a 10 year parts warranty how could I go wrong. It has been a very good system and they keep the cost down by not advertising and hiring ex ball players to sell the brand. I will by another Goodman system when I move.

Date created: 2009-03-14 Name: Sam Kruse
Location: Houston, TX

"Goodman 5 ton AC."
I have had my Goodman 5 ton unit for 10 years. I have not had any problems. I have it checked out every two years for freon level, but none has ever been added. The air flowing across the evaporator coil has a 22 degree + drop in the hottest of Houston weather. The humidity level is around 50. I keep the temperature at 77. I went from a 4 ton a/c with a seer rating of 8.5 to this 5 ton with a seer rating of 12 and my electric bill dropped $75.00 per month. My house is 2800 sq. feet. Great for a ten year old unit.

Date created: 2009-03-07 Name: Zachary Blanton
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

"Excellent"
Has performed flawlessly and we are 100% satisfied with our purchase.

Date created: 2009-03-01 Name: CT
Location: OK

"Goodman split unit"
Our house is 5 years old, when we bought the house I upgraded the 5 ton 10 seer to a 5 ton 13 seer. The first 2 years were ok, then came the summer of 2006 when the average temperature was 105 degrees, the 5 ton wouldn't get the house below 77 degrees, I called an ac guy and they installed a txv and the problem went away, it was at that time that I found out our ac was undersized by 2.5 tons.. We are in the process of adding another unit.. And yes we will go with Goodman for the second unit.

Date created: 2009-02-28 Name: Ruben Leiva
Location: Miami, FL

"Best option....."
The best option !! 10 years on all parts, excellent quality, competitive prices.

Date created: 2009-02-18 Name: Ken
Location: Gilbert, AZ

"Don't let hacks install your unit"
We have been installing Goodman for years now. Their quality has improved greatly over the last 2 years. We have no problems with them at all. The main problem is that a lot of wanna be technicians install these units. Some of you people that have complaints have probably chosen to take the absolute lowest bid to install your system. Well, you get what you pay for!! Condensate problems are usually the result of poor installation. Also, airflow problems and improper cooling from a properly sized unit are due to poor installation. Some technicians frown on Goodman as well. Those techs are usually the ones who are not qualified to service anything!! We have installed both r-410a and r-22 systems with no problems. I have 2 Goodman units in my home as well, No problems. Once again, the unit is only as good as the company installing it.

Date created: 2009-02-04 Name: C. Weihs
Location: Sarasota, FL

"Goodman Air Conditioner"
We bought this air conditioning after much research about capacity and square footage. We have had continual problems with the unit shutting off, freezing, and coils etc. replaced 3 times. I am ready to drop kick this piece of garbage off a cliff. Do not buy a Goodman!!!!

Date created: 2009-01-28 Name: Steve Raymer
Location: Murfreesboro, TN

"Firefighter"
This is the worst hvac unit I have ever owned. purchased in 2003, repairs have been constant including,compressor,freon leaks,2 fan motors,4 computer boards,3 sensors,fan blades,does not heat, does not cool, what good is it? Would make a good boat anchor.

Date created: 2009-01-14 Name: P Alicea
Location: Clarksville, TN

"Goodman HVAC unit"
I had a Trane unit for 17 years and I replaced it with a cheaper Goodman unit. Big mistake! In less than a year I have had to have it repaired and I just called again because the unit is stuck on run all the time. I think I going to go ahead and cut my losses and buy a Trane unit. Please be careful and don't be fooled by the cheaper price. Trust me you will end up spending alot more money in the long run.