Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-05-12 Name: Jac Tom

"Never buy GoodMan... Should be named Badman.."
Every year this crap leaks freon and I have 10 years warranty which wont cover freon leaks... Even thou I went thru an authorized dealer. I actually went for Goodman becoz of this 10 year warranty and labour. Please dont consider that when u buy an A/c.. Buy something reputed like Trane, Carrier or York..

Date created: 2009-05-10 Name: Charlotte

"Don't Buy One!!!"
We bought the Goodman ac/gas furnace 2 years ago. The furnace works great. As far as the ac unit it started to freeze up after 2 years of use. We called the repair person, its low on freon and the coil has a leak! There trying to blame it on our well water. Saying we need to get a aerator for our well. But the ac unit that we had for 8 years before that worked great until the last year. I think it's the until from all the vibration, Because Its So loud. The vibration causes the coil to rub against other parts, meaning the coil will eventually have a leak. I would not buy another Goodman or recommend it to anyone!!!!

Date created: 2009-05-10 Name: Sharon F

"Goodman A/C unit new construction"
The fan motor has been replaced two times in the life of my unit. Last night, the fan on the compressor went. We have had numerous service calls. The warranty apparently covers nothing - because I always end up paying.

Date created: 2009-05-09 Name: Roy Mainville

"Don't buy Goodman"
This Goodman Model capf4860d6aa wasn't cooling the house at all and it was only used for 2 months at the end of last summer. We were told that there was a coolant leak. The technician then found that the coil needed to be replaced. With all the reviews that I've read on this site I would almost bet that this won't be the last time! We didn't research this unit enough because we trusted our plumber to sell us a good product and now we're paying the price. My suggestion is to pay a few hundred more dollars and buy a Trane or another reputable make!

Date created: 2009-05-05 Name: Y. Candiotti

"Completely satisfied"
Our Goodman ac was installed in June 2003 and has been completely dependable. We have routine service performed every year. We have not had any breakdowns nor does it have any problems keeping us cool even on the hottest days of the year. We are very pleased with our system.

Date created: 2009-04-14 Name: GOODMAN
Location: MN

"Great Goodman Product"
The Goodman System installed in our house has worked great even in mn. I was a little concerned because the unit was priced very competitively but with a 10 year parts warranty how could I go wrong. It has been a very good system and they keep the cost down by not advertising and hiring ex ball players to sell the brand. I will by another Goodman system when I move.

Date created: 2009-03-14 Name: Sam Kruse
Location: Houston, TX

"Goodman 5 ton AC."
I have had my Goodman 5 ton unit for 10 years. I have not had any problems. I have it checked out every two years for freon level, but none has ever been added. The air flowing across the evaporator coil has a 22 degree + drop in the hottest of Houston weather. The humidity level is around 50. I keep the temperature at 77. I went from a 4 ton a/c with a seer rating of 8.5 to this 5 ton with a seer rating of 12 and my electric bill dropped $75.00 per month. My house is 2800 sq. feet. Great for a ten year old unit.

Date created: 2009-03-07 Name: Zachary Blanton
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

"Excellent"
Has performed flawlessly and we are 100% satisfied with our purchase.

Date created: 2009-03-01 Name: CT
Location: OK

"Goodman split unit"
Our house is 5 years old, when we bought the house I upgraded the 5 ton 10 seer to a 5 ton 13 seer. The first 2 years were ok, then came the summer of 2006 when the average temperature was 105 degrees, the 5 ton wouldn't get the house below 77 degrees, I called an ac guy and they installed a txv and the problem went away, it was at that time that I found out our ac was undersized by 2.5 tons.. We are in the process of adding another unit.. And yes we will go with Goodman for the second unit.

Date created: 2009-02-28 Name: Ruben Leiva
Location: Miami, FL

"Best option....."
The best option !! 10 years on all parts, excellent quality, competitive prices.