Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-04-23 Name: Steven Lonergan
Location: Saint Petersburg

"Don't buy it"
I wouldn't take a Goodman Air Conditioner if they gave them out for free, much less buy one again! The unit keeps dying due to chameleons. Went to the installers to get a part, to find out they were no longer in business. I went to Goodman in person, and the rude clerk wouldn't sell the run capacitor. Wish I had something good to say about Goodman, but regrettably I don't!

Date created: 2015-04-12 Name: R. Caudill
Location: Madisonville, KY

"Tips from a pro"
I have been an hvac installer/service tech/HVAC instructor for 26 years. My installs are second to none, and I take great pride in my work. I must simply tell it like it is. Goodman is by far the most unreliable. Consumer Reports agrees. Sorry if this steps on any toes.

Date created: 2015-04-08 Name: Yasmin
Location: Florida

"Unsatisfactory"
My ac was replaced 7 years ago & the compressor has died. It was installed with a permit & when I was unable to reach the company I called Goodman & they refused to give any warranty because it had to be registered within 60 days of installation. My house had burned down so who knew I had to call? Maybe the contractor but it wasn't done so now I have to pay for another defective Goodman compressor that won't give me 10 years of use.

Date created: 2015-04-08 Name: E Barbao
Location: Pell City, AL

"Not worth the hassle"
We have a Goodman that was installed after we purchased a home. Brand new. After a year and a half it quit blowing cold air. We had the local hvac folks come out and the first words out of their mouths was, "Oh a Goodman". Every season since then, when the weather changed from summer to winter or winter to summer, we have had to call the techs. We have had to replace the mother board, which went bad in 8 months. I will say that they replaced it with another one as it had a 1 year warranty, but since then we have had to have at least 3 different parts replaced, and we have had to have the gas refilled twice. We are looking at buying a new townhouse and when I saw that the contractor is using a Goodman I told him that was a deal breaker. After having an inspection done on the brand new town house the inspector said the same thing. There were several other issues such as having linoleum in the bathroom and laundry room, no electrical plugs in the garage, the fuse box outside rather than in the house or at least in the garage. These are small things that would cost very little to do correctly, all of which points to shortcuts to make more profit. So if your contractor is using a Goodman as the primary heating/cooling look deeper because there are certainly going to be issues. I'll never buy another one.

Date created: 2015-04-03 Name: Amy Brennigan
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Excellent"
My sister wrote a glowing review on Rheem as did others but this site won`t publish them. This is an excellent model. Quiet. Efficient.

Date created: 2015-03-22 Name: Steve DeVIney
Location: Texas

"Needs to be installed right"
As a contractor, I've installed and serviced most brands. Goodman has been very good to me and has stood the test of time. I have installed hundreds of Goodmans and have less warranty problems than major name brands. It's all about the install! If they're put in right you get years out of them. If you buy one off the internet and hire Jo Blo off of Craigslist to install it, expect some issues. I'll stand behind Goodman all day. It's my go-to unit for replacements.

Date created: 2015-03-18 Name: Karen Knedlhans
Location: United States

"Not good quality"
Not even 2 years old and it is not blowing air already? For the cost it should be better than this.

Date created: 2015-03-12 Name: Reggie Barnett
Location: Friendswood, TX

"Great unit"
In 2011 my 17-year-old, builder-installed Trane compressor locked up. This was the upstairs 2 1/2 ton upstairs unit. We are now entering our 4th season with this unit and I can't be more satisfied. The installing company is a Premier Daikin/Amana/Goodman dealer in the Houston area and I can't say enough about how good they are. I would probably say the same no matter the brand. I have purchased the annual service which keeps drain lines clear and the system clean. No problems with the system at all.

Date created: 2015-03-10 Name: gregory
Location: Florida

"Unsatisfied"
Put in the air conditioner, which had to be fixed the next day as it was not blowing cold. The guy came to fix it but it still does not blow cold. It runs all day and does not get cold. I even have to open the refrigerator to help cool down the place; that's nonsense. The only time it goes off is if I turn it off.

Date created: 2015-02-11 Name: Donna Black
Location: Georgia

"Goodman"
I'm not at home now so I don't know the model, but we are very satisfied. I'm not a contractor, but a homeowner, and we are extremely happy. We had a Rheem before and now our electric bill has been cut in half. We have had it 2 years with no problems.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>