Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-02-11 Name: Donna Black
Location: Georgia

"Goodman"
I'm not at home now so I don't know the model, but we are very satisfied. I'm not a contractor, but a homeowner, and we are extremely happy. We had a Rheem before and now our electric bill has been cut in half. We have had it 2 years with no problems.

Date created: 2015-01-30 Name: Big Tex
Location: Trophy Club, TX

"Positive reviews here are self-serving"
Let's tell it like it is here. Contractors who handle Goodman simply are not good installers, because they can't get the top brands like Trane to begin with. So they write great reviews and tell you it's installation. Maybe, in some cases. Goodman was Janitrol, which every contractor called Jan-i-Junk. Builders use this crap to get low quotes into the new homes to raise their profit. They do it with every product in the home (unless you pay for an upgrade) and in AC you can't change the manufacturer because it's what the contractor uses for a cheap price. I have a 9-month-old KHOV home and I am replacing half the stuff in this $700,000 house...horrible! My AC issue here is that they undersized my tonnage to begin with ($$$) despite my begging/pleading with them to upsize the units(6.5 Tons for 4000 square feet). Come on, man! It takes 2.5 hours to get this house from 60 to 70 degrees this winter. During summer it takes the same amount of time to get it down to cool range as we use it as a second home and keep the thermostats lower or higher, depending on season. This summer I moved in here full-time and I am not going through this again. I am having my Certified Trane Dealer come in and install two 5 Ton 16 Seer Trane units at a $12,000 replacement cost. It's worth it in the long run, as Trane is a high-end, no-issue product. I don't have time for this nonsense. My time is worth money too. cut your losses and bite the bullet. Replace The Goodmans(Jan-I-Junk) and move on down the road! And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the No Spin Zone of AC today!

Date created: 2014-11-14 Name: unsatisfied customer

"Warranty"
They do not stand by their warranty. The system is only 3 months old and the furnace is messed up but they will not warranty it, so now it is 25 degrees outside and I have no heat. Will never buy any of their products ever again.

Date created: 2014-11-12 Name: S. Hutchison
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Do not buy"
My unit is 3.5 years old. Had a blown end cap in the 1st year. It has a cracked drain pan and a blown compressor. Do I pay to fix the lemon or replace it? My neighbor has a unit 2.5 years old. It has had several service calls and also blew the compressor. I'm so fed up, I am spending thousands to replace and scrap the unit. If you only want workable cooling for a year, buy Goodman.

Date created: 2014-11-05 Name: G. Desautels
Location: Pompano Beach, FL

"Complaint concerning equipment"
I would like to advise people reading these reviews not to buy a Goodman AC. After only 6 months of usage, the compressor had to be replaced. In order to replace this part (by the way, still under warranty) we had to pay a fee of $75 to exchange it for a new one. It's still under warranty, we have been told, but the new compressor needs Freon. To finish it all, the labor is not warrantied. So it comes to a total of $475 that is supposed to be warrantied - $75 exchange for a new one, $123 of Freon, and the labor for an AC that was bought in April 2013. Wow... How come this company is still in business? Oh yeah, I told Atlantic AC in Pompano Beach that we would write a complaint.

Date created: 2014-09-28 Name: U.G
Location: Northridge, CA

"Compressor not working after 4 years"
I bought the 4-ton Goodman condenser unit, and after 4 years the compressor stop working. I knew that I had a 5-year warranty on the compressor, so I called them and they told me that the warranty is only for the parts. I asked 4 different companies how much they will charge only for the labor. The answer was between $1400-$1800. I can't believe that Goodman doesn't give a warranty for labor. Stay away from this awful company!

Date created: 2014-09-19 Name: Yoko
Location: Laughlin, NV

"Undependable AC units & company won't stand behind their products."
I own 3 Goodman AC units on my roof. They were installed by L & S AC in Las Vegas on January 14, 2013. My contractor picked the AC company. All of them needed repairs in a little over one year, which means I had to spend $3,300 in the last six months. One of the big problems was that L & S did not tell me about Good Care warranty, which would have covered the units and labor for ten years for $1,500. They also did not register two of them, and the third was a wrong unit. I have a Goodman AC that was repaired by L & S on March 16, 2014; they put in a new compressor and a reversing valve. Now, in six months, that unit already needs a new compressor, a reversing valve, and a condensing coil. I now have a dependable AC Company who is trying to help me get a new AC from Goodman, since the unit broke for the second time in the last six months. Since the unit broke three weeks ago, I have spoken to 4 customer service people at Goodman Co. in Houston, TX, to get a new AC unit, but none of these people has helped me so far. The best one was Caroline, who told me that a technical rep will call my AC company, but that has not happened since I spoke to her four days ago. I keep calling Goodman every day and also my AC company to see what progress has been made, but nothing, even after 3 weeks of no AC in the Mohave desert. It's 94'f in my house. I should not have to keep calling them, and spending my time, energy and money on this. It should be easier for an AC contractor to replace them with so many problems. I am ready to take those units out and replace them with a company that will stand behind their product and service.

Date created: 2014-09-03 Name: S. Mosley
Location: Phenix City, AL

"Worst unit ever"
This is the worst unit ever made!!! We built and purchased our home 2011 and the contractor had this unit already installed when we brought the house. We started having issues with the unit after only 18 months, starting with low refrigerant, then compressor went out, and now cracked pipes. I would never recommend this product to anyone. When I lived in Kentucky, we had a Trane and it never gave us any problems.

Date created: 2014-08-30 Name: Gary
Location: Lakeland, Florida

"They suck!"
I have had nothing but problems with this air conditioner! I have had it serviced 5 times in the last two months. Loses coolant and they can not find where. I read where the coils leak and going to replace them! I would never purchase another one!

Date created: 2014-08-27 Name: D.Taylor

"Not a good company"
I have only been in my home for 2 and a 1/2 years. My unit needs a new coil. I am the first homeowner of my home. Brand new home, I called to see about the warranty and I was told my warranty only covers the part and not the labor. I don't think this is fair. After reading up on this company, I see that they have had a lot of problems with the coil on these units and they sometimes are replace and still aren't any good. I will never ever buy anything from this company. And when you call them they act like they don't care. BAD Company!!!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>