Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-06-30 Name: Jeff Baugmenter

"Calling ALL consumers!!!!"
Keep in mind this is nothing more than a bitch&whine board. Check out the reviews here on any brand (Goodman, Carrier, Bryant, Lennox, Trane, etc etc) and you will find that all of them have bad reviews! So does that mean EVERY brand is a piece of junk? OF COURSE NOT! Consider these reviews with a grain (No. Make that a tablespoon!) of salt. The VAST MAJORITY of people come here to COMPLAIN, NOT to COMPLIMENT. If you look at these reviews, then Goodman is rated higher than TRANE, BRYANT, LENNOX, etc. is that necessarily true? Of course not! I'll reiterate this for the UMPTEENTH TIME! The QUALITY of the INSTALLATION far outweighs the BRAND being installed! As you can CLEARLY see by reviewing these reviews.....EVERY BRAND is a piece of junk! RIGHT???

Date created: 2009-06-25 Name: Terry Witt

"Should be named Badman instead of Goodman"
We have had our goodman unit for 16 months and it has stopped working twice already! The first time the tech replaced a capacitor the second time it was a freon leak. I guess it might make a good planter for some flowers, sort of expensive though.

Date created: 2009-06-24 Name: David C

"Goodman 13 seer 3 ton"
Had it installed this spring and works great. have had no problems so far. cools our 2 story house fine on 97 degree days.

Date created: 2009-06-24 Name: x

"Goodman is JUNK"
We purchased our home in 2004. New from ground up etc. Goodman AC....professionally installed for those of you trying to defend this trash of a company. Every year in June to be exact....we have to have someone come out and charge the system. For the system to only try and cool our home. Eventually the system upstairs will cool. The main floor system (5-ton) takes for ever to cool at best. Now...the main system has completely quit cooling..and actually sending all cold air out the fan. For what ever reason Goodman is failing..I really do not care. What I do care abt is good business ethics and Goodman should be replacing the damm thing, period! Never have I had a system that needs this much maintenance every 8 months. Oh..for those of you who install this and claim you have no issues..keep in mind, installing one 18yrs ago does NOT count. Totally a different set of parts and quality. I am talking abt the systems in the past 5yrs. This is where Goodman produced total tash and should be put out of business.

Date created: 2009-06-24 Name: Russell Corrigan

"Attn Anita"
Anita, from your description it sounds as though your evaporator coil is freezing up. It's possible the installers put in the incorrect size unit and/or your lacking proper airflow from the indoor air handler (furnace?). Coil freezing can be caused by several things, including insufficient air flow (dirty filters, undersized blower, duct size), improper refrigerant charge, etc. Sounds like they need to conduct a more dillegent diagnostic...right now it just sounds like they're changing parts and "hoping" to solve the problem. Again, sadly, I hope you didn't just go with the low bidder to save money. I'd bet your problem lies with the installation, not the equipment.

Date created: 2009-06-22 Name: J Cowan

"Just a tip on leaks..."
When my contractor installed my 3 units for my home..he used a complete coil od copper tubing for each unit. He told me he didnt want any repairs or connections in the walls or attic. He went into detail of all the leaks he has had to repair behind other contractors that didnt want to toss out "cut offs" left over from tubing coils.

Date created: 2009-06-22 Name: BJarrett

"Would not recommend this heat pump to anyone"
We moved into a brand new house with a Goodman unit for our upstairs and downstairs. The air conditioning froze up once last year and I had to have it repaired. This year the unit has stopped blowing cold air in my upstairs unit and now the downstairs unit is not cooling. When the heating unit is running and stops, it sounds like someone is beating it with a sledgehammer. Absolutely do not buy this piece of equipment regardless of how much money you same.

Date created: 2009-06-20 Name: Lynn G

"Broken after 16 days!!!!"
This ac is a the worst!!!!!!!!! Our unit died today after only 16 days! It is 90 degrees here and the outside fan died today. Our trusted hvac guy (of many years) highly recommended Goodman. Says he puts them in all the time and has few problems. This was to replace a Trane that finally died after 22 years that gave us very few problems. I am so sorry I did not replace with another Trane unit! Do not buy goodman.

Date created: 2009-06-18 Name: Anita

"Goodman A/C unit won't shut off"
We had a Goodman 2-1/2 ton, 30,000 btu central air unit installed as a replacement to a Trane a/c in May 2008. The problem began right away, it won't shut off. We have a 2200 sq. ft ranch home and it cools the house but takes a very long time to reach the temp set on the thermostat. We've had 3 programmable thermostats (2 courtesy of our installers) thinking they could be faulty but that didn't solve the problem. The unit runs 2 to 3 hours non-stop before shutting down briefly and that doubled our electric bills last summer over what it cost us to run the Trane unit. Our installers have been dilligent trying to solve the issue including extending the labor warranty for an extra year, which we appreciate. I've just turned the unit on for the first time this season and the house was at 80 degrees, it's been running for almost 3 hours without shutting down and the temp in the house is just at 75, the thermostat is set at 74. Even when the house reaches 74 it doesn't shut off. They installed a larger coil at the end of the season last year hoping it would solve the problem....no luck, it still doing the same thing. The fan seems to slow down after a time and not push with the velocity it starts out with. I have a feeling this unit has a problem that can't be resolved and should be replaced. I'm sure my installers won't be happy to get my call tomorrow.

Date created: 2009-06-17 Name: Angie O.

"Already a Problem!"
Had my Goodman Central air installed one year ago this month. First hot day and it won't cool the house. Repairman coming tomorrow. Notice that most do come to this site to complain, but Goodman has the most reviews, around 100 more than other brands.