Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-07-12 Name: Carol T.

"Owner"
Here we are again! We purchased a Goodman furnace and ac unit at the same time from a reputable company. Company owner highly recommended this unit. 10 year warranty, you know. What he didn't mention was that when 2 year labor warranty runs out, you get to pay through the nose for labor! Guess what, ac is broken again. Unit runs 24/7, and doesn't cool anything. Total shoddy installation, I think, because ac was hooked up to my dryer outlet, instead of proper outlet. This was done because new breaker was not installed yet. I have pictures of shoddy install, as in pipes to outside were run through a bedroom door, not a wall.The thermostat was hung in basement next to furnace, etc.

Date created: 2009-07-12 Name: C. Mason

"Goodman should be named Badman"
My unit was installed 5/4/05 brand new, and at this time the guy has been out over 10 times, trying to repair unit, as of today 7/12/09 I am having hot flashes and setting in a hot house again, To say that I am disappointed would be an understatement-- I paid out a lot of money for something that should last longer than 8 months without problems, and having my floors mess up;

Date created: 2009-07-11 Name: D. Pate

"You pay for it twice"
Purchase in 2007 & paid out in repairs about 1200.00 asof next week when the new parts get here.

Date created: 2009-07-09 Name: irwin perolman
Location: Miami

"Piece of goodman junk"
Horrible horrible horrible. both equipment and repair people are pieces of junk. had my goodman 5 ton installed in december 08. since then it has been used a total of three days. first the compressor broke. it took the repairman michael york 38 days to actually come to the house to look at it. three more days to replace the compressor. one day later the unit stopped working. he came to the house a week late, took a look at it and said it was a relay. three days latter he has not shown up. the temperature here in miami is 102 with heat index. unbelievable. I would never ever buy a goodman unit again......and I recomend that you look around , buy anything but goodman. they suck....we ought to get together and sue goodmans pants off you know a class action suit

Date created: 2009-07-07 Name: James Sullivan

"Piece of Junk!"
We moved into our brand new home two years ago. Our air has already gone out twice! Last summer we had to have it serviced (all the freon had leaked out). This is not covered by warranty. We had to have it filled and pay out of pocket on a 1 year old air system. Now once again our air is out and the repair man just left ($70) later we are told the inner coil has several pin hole leaks in the coils (from factory saudering). Estimated repairs is over $400 out of pocket. Come on - 2 yrs old...???

Date created: 2009-07-07 Name: Randy

"Homeowner"
We purchased the house two years ago. The unit was installed in 1999. The previous owners never mentioned any problems. Last year, 2008, we had to add 4 pounds of freon.( $600). This year, 2009, the unit wouldn't cool. Called same company. Compressor wouldn't start, it drew high amps, so they installed a surging unit to jump start the compressor. ($200). At this point, I called Costco, who has a company in Phoenix that installs new units. They didn't cover my area sadly, so I asked their rep what the most highly recommended unit was. Lennox, Trane, Bryant and then Goodman. I'm going with a new Lennox when this one quits next time.

Date created: 2009-07-06 Name: Bob

"Goodman is as good as any"
I have been installing Goodman condensing units in my apartments for 20 years on and off. I have also installed Coleman, Rheem, Trane, Ruud and Lennox. Right now I am back to goodman because of the price. Through a wholesaler they are the best deal. For instance I can get a 2.5 ton Goodman 13 seer condenser for $599 delivered. Every unit I have installed has had some type of problem, fan motors, capacitors, burnt wires, freon leaks, fan relays, low voltage transformers, you name I have had it. These problems are not brand specific. For instance I just replaced a 11 year old Rheem unit that looked 3 years old, with a Goodman. Compressor fried. I will probably keep and replace the compressor, but I have to get it running for tenants quickly.

Date created: 2009-07-06 Name: Anthony Hardy

"Let's See"
I read all reviews some good some not so go. I have a new 3-ton unit I will let you know how it go's but for now I am happy. 7/5/09

Date created: 2009-07-02 Name: KDH

"Goodman Service Valves"
I had a Goodman air conditioner installed in my brand new house in April 2008 and it ran well for the two months of hot weather (July and August). Turned it on for the first time this year last week and it wouldn't cool a 1300 square foot house; stayed at 80 degrees for 24 hours. I finally got the company to send a service technician out and he found that I have two holes in two service valves. The company will replace the valves because the unit is still under warranty but I have to pay over $300 in labor cost. My one year of free labor warranty ended in April 2009 and the company will not budge.

Date created: 2009-07-02 Name: R. Lynn

"GOODMAN AC"
I got the air conditioner when I purchased my house from Perry Homes...within 1 month the air conditioner broke and now that the 2 year warranty is up it broke again and I had to replace the compressor and some other parts for $1600...25 days later the unit won't work. It's 90 in my house and I had to stay in a hotel! Stay away from Goodman!