Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-07-06 Name: Anthony Hardy

"Let's See"
I read all reviews some good some not so go. I have a new 3-ton unit I will let you know how it go's but for now I am happy. 7/5/09

Date created: 2009-07-02 Name: KDH

"Goodman Service Valves"
I had a Goodman air conditioner installed in my brand new house in April 2008 and it ran well for the two months of hot weather (July and August). Turned it on for the first time this year last week and it wouldn't cool a 1300 square foot house; stayed at 80 degrees for 24 hours. I finally got the company to send a service technician out and he found that I have two holes in two service valves. The company will replace the valves because the unit is still under warranty but I have to pay over $300 in labor cost. My one year of free labor warranty ended in April 2009 and the company will not budge.

Date created: 2009-07-02 Name: R. Lynn

"GOODMAN AC"
I got the air conditioner when I purchased my house from Perry Homes...within 1 month the air conditioner broke and now that the 2 year warranty is up it broke again and I had to replace the compressor and some other parts for $1600...25 days later the unit won't work. It's 90 in my house and I had to stay in a hotel! Stay away from Goodman!

Date created: 2009-07-01 Name: Travis G.

"Might as well have gone with window units!!!"
I purchased a one year old house with a Goodman air conditioner. Upon moving into the house, we were unable to get the air conditioner unit to cool properly. Had a technician come out and discovered that freon was low. Upon further investigation, evaporator coil was leaking. I was able to get the coil replaced under warranty by a 3rd party. Since then I have replaced 1 capacitor and have been forced to have the system recharged on 2 additional occassions. On neither occasion, were the technicians (from different companies)able to find the source of the leak. Currently, in my subdivision of 350 houses, 145 of the units are not working properly.

Date created: 2009-07-01 Name: H. Flame

"One Big Mistake"
When my old heating and air conditioning unit went down less than 3 years ago, I had a complete Goodman heating and air conditioning system installed (to the tune of about $7,200). It's a decision I've been painfully regretting ever since. Less than 12 mos. after installation, the new Goodman system flooded my finished basement. Also, the installer, Morvents heating and air, has had to redesign the slot the filter goes into several times, just to make it possible for me to be able to get a filter in! In addition - Morevents tried to convince me I had to pay $650 for a case filters for the system, that I discovered on my own I could get for $40. After, that I discontinued my contract with Morevents. Now - less than 3 years after installation the outside coil needs to be replaced, due to a hole leaking coolant. The coil is under warranty. But, the labor is going to cost me $1,000.00. I have complained vehemently to Morvents and to Goodman to no avail. The system is a lemon and I'm really suffering for it.

Date created: 2009-06-30 Name: Jeff Baugmenter

"Calling ALL consumers!!!!"
Keep in mind this is nothing more than a bitch&whine board. Check out the reviews here on any brand (Goodman, Carrier, Bryant, Lennox, Trane, etc etc) and you will find that all of them have bad reviews! So does that mean EVERY brand is a piece of junk? OF COURSE NOT! Consider these reviews with a grain (No. Make that a tablespoon!) of salt. The VAST MAJORITY of people come here to COMPLAIN, NOT to COMPLIMENT. If you look at these reviews, then Goodman is rated higher than TRANE, BRYANT, LENNOX, etc. is that necessarily true? Of course not! I'll reiterate this for the UMPTEENTH TIME! The QUALITY of the INSTALLATION far outweighs the BRAND being installed! As you can CLEARLY see by reviewing these reviews.....EVERY BRAND is a piece of junk! RIGHT???

Date created: 2009-06-25 Name: Terry Witt

"Should be named Badman instead of Goodman"
We have had our goodman unit for 16 months and it has stopped working twice already! The first time the tech replaced a capacitor the second time it was a freon leak. I guess it might make a good planter for some flowers, sort of expensive though.

Date created: 2009-06-24 Name: David C

"Goodman 13 seer 3 ton"
Had it installed this spring and works great. have had no problems so far. cools our 2 story house fine on 97 degree days.

Date created: 2009-06-24 Name: x

"Goodman is JUNK"
We purchased our home in 2004. New from ground up etc. Goodman AC....professionally installed for those of you trying to defend this trash of a company. Every year in June to be exact....we have to have someone come out and charge the system. For the system to only try and cool our home. Eventually the system upstairs will cool. The main floor system (5-ton) takes for ever to cool at best. Now...the main system has completely quit cooling..and actually sending all cold air out the fan. For what ever reason Goodman is failing..I really do not care. What I do care abt is good business ethics and Goodman should be replacing the damm thing, period! Never have I had a system that needs this much maintenance every 8 months. Oh..for those of you who install this and claim you have no issues..keep in mind, installing one 18yrs ago does NOT count. Totally a different set of parts and quality. I am talking abt the systems in the past 5yrs. This is where Goodman produced total tash and should be put out of business.

Date created: 2009-06-24 Name: Russell Corrigan

"Attn Anita"
Anita, from your description it sounds as though your evaporator coil is freezing up. It's possible the installers put in the incorrect size unit and/or your lacking proper airflow from the indoor air handler (furnace?). Coil freezing can be caused by several things, including insufficient air flow (dirty filters, undersized blower, duct size), improper refrigerant charge, etc. Sounds like they need to conduct a more dillegent diagnostic...right now it just sounds like they're changing parts and "hoping" to solve the problem. Again, sadly, I hope you didn't just go with the low bidder to save money. I'd bet your problem lies with the installation, not the equipment.