Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-07-20 Name: Greg

"AHU Variable Speed"
Had a Goodman installed last week, so far so good. My only concern is the variable speed ahu. Seems to blow very hard in the "on" position, reaches the set temp, slows down to almost 0, then blows hard again a short time later. Needless to say this is very distracting and wakes us at night. Hope the installer can fix the situation.

Date created: 2009-07-19 Name: Janet Gentry

"Jan - Tampa"
This has been the worst air conditioner I have had. Not even one month after the warranty expired the thermastat went and 6 weeks later a fuse. I have spent $750 in the past year. Now there is a leak in the evaporator coil (price quote $1300) and the conductor will need to be replaced soon ($225). To make matters worse the air conditioner repairman told me that his company doesn't like this brand and they are the ones that sold it to me and put it in. They quoted $6500 to replace. The service company is being fired.

Date created: 2009-07-16 Name: Eddie

"Installer Lies"
I put my Goodman in myself and have had zero problems with it. It sounds like allot of your problems are with the installer not the unit. I've been working on hvac for years and most service calls are because of bad installers. a good installer will make any product look good. a leak free system that is properly sized should last over 15 years. Don't forget to have your units clean and checked by an honest, certified repair man. I don't care if it's just him or a large company as long as their honest you'll be happy. Blame it on the other guy or the equipment is how they make their money. You all know how much they charge to fix somebody else’s mistake but in a year somebody else says they messed up too. find a honest repair man.

Date created: 2009-07-15 Name: Jean
Location: AZ

"Goodman whold house AC"
We bought this house in az in 2007. The house and the ac unit are only 5 years old. Thank heavens we bought and renewed the American Home Shield house warranty. We had to have one of the ac compressors completely replaced. It rattled and shook and kept tripping the breaker. Last month the fan on the other unit was making a heck of a screeching noise and the repair man had to replaced it. The fan blades just sat inside slots and had all vibrated out--they weren't welded in. I have another repairman here again because that same unit stopped cooling and he just found the coils are leaking and there is rust all around them. Without the home warranty, we would not be able to pay for all of this. I asked the repairman why he thought the coils on an air conditioning unit that was only 5 years old would leak and he said the manufacturers warranty probably just expired. We had central air in our house in Massachusetts for 22 years and never had anything go wrong with it. Believe or not, we ran it as much as we run these two units--it gets hot and humid in Boston. I would never put a Goodman unit in any future house. They are not well built at all.

Date created: 2009-07-14 Name: Scott T

"Scott T"
When we bought our current home about 18 years ago, we had a Goodman unit installed and we have had no problems whatsoever. It has kept our home very comfortable even on the hottest days and we have never had to add freon. I'm having a service guy come out tomorrow to change what I think is a fan motor gone out. 18 years=no other problems. You can rate that as 'Very Satisfied'. But I agree, you buy junk, you get junk. You dont take the time to educate yourself about your home or what your buying, you get taken.

Date created: 2009-07-13 Name: Jim Ling

"Dont Waste Your Money"
Built a new 3500 square foot home and our local HVAC company suggested using Goodman AC/Heat Pumps. In the 3 years I have had 7 service calls to problems / failures of these units. I would not recommend them to anyone. We have spent close to 800 dollars for service calls that were due to part failures and the ever so popular freon leaks that oh by the way if you want to fix them it will be 400 dollars for the the dye test to find them. *Terrible Product*

Date created: 2009-07-13 Name: carmen
Location: Texas

"Great A/C"
I must say after looking at all the reviews I must have got a different product. I have not had any problems with my Goodman a/c unit until yesterday. I have had this unit for 11 years and quite frankly I am ashamed to say, I have never done a service call or any maintance. I am suprised and glad it has lasted this long. I have yet to find out the problem. Did I mention I live in Texas and it runs 24/7 during the summer months. I hope it is something minor.

Date created: 2009-07-12 Name: R. Behrmann

"These things suck"
We moved into a house a year ago. The house was complete redone before we moved in including a brand new goodman a/c and heat pump system. Last summer we turned on the air and within 10 minutes had a waterfall coming out of the first floor air intake. Techs found that it had a cracked drip pan. Took 2 weeks to get a replacement. Went to turn the air on this summer, and we had to replace the thermostat, drip pan leaking again, and now the fan system has stopped working in it. I've owned other brands in other homes, and I've never seen anything as bad as this in systems that are a year old.

Date created: 2009-07-12 Name: Carol T.

"Owner"
Here we are again! We purchased a Goodman furnace and ac unit at the same time from a reputable company. Company owner highly recommended this unit. 10 year warranty, you know. What he didn't mention was that when 2 year labor warranty runs out, you get to pay through the nose for labor! Guess what, ac is broken again. Unit runs 24/7, and doesn't cool anything. Total shoddy installation, I think, because ac was hooked up to my dryer outlet, instead of proper outlet. This was done because new breaker was not installed yet. I have pictures of shoddy install, as in pipes to outside were run through a bedroom door, not a wall.The thermostat was hung in basement next to furnace, etc.

Date created: 2009-07-12 Name: C. Mason

"Goodman should be named Badman"
My unit was installed 5/4/05 brand new, and at this time the guy has been out over 10 times, trying to repair unit, as of today 7/12/09 I am having hot flashes and setting in a hot house again, To say that I am disappointed would be an understatement-- I paid out a lot of money for something that should last longer than 8 months without problems, and having my floors mess up;