Consumer Reviews of Goodman central air conditioners

Read more about Goodman central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-04-03 Name: Pete Damron

"Think about This"
If you read any review about a product, you're going to see the unhappy people. What is the percentage making the complaint? How many people take the time to brag about the HVAC equipment? All HVAC mfg have complaints. If you sell more, you will have more complaints. I am not just saying this. I am trying to open your eyes. Goodman MFg is the world's second largest HVAC mfg selling more than any other brands. They have an outstanding warranty compared to the others. Goodman mfg Amana. They warranty for life. Go to the website and read for your self. Carrier has one plant located in Tyler, Texas. Just laid off 360 employees. The production shit moved to Mexico. Trane/American Standard, same thing 50% has moved to Mexico again Tyler employees lost jobs. The internet high is a great thing but the highway sometimes only goes one way with any HVAC equipment. First place, proper duct work. "Working mechanical" is a must and a trained installer that know what he is working on. Many companies sell up to a dozen brands. It's whatever they can sell. Again, 99.9% is the install. Many things can cause freon leaks over charged system. Dirty filters causing high head presure bad ref lines to begin with. A dirty filter can cause vibrations to start because of lint on blower wheels. I could go on for pages. However, the key is research. Try and find out the percentage of failures compared to success. That may be hard to do because a happy consumer isn't here placing a complaint. HVAC equipment is a big investment. It is a lot of the equity in your home. Goodman Mfg knows this and they didn't get to where they are today by selling junk and tin cans.

Date created: 2010-03-11 Name: David Merkel

"Great unit"
Never had any problems with this unit. Runs quietly and efficiently. Would recommend.
Date created: 2010-03-01 Name: Newton

"Great install = Great reliability"
Installed two separate units due to config of house and cool/heat needs. No complaints and only filter replacement for costs. Bills are reasonable.
Date created: 2010-02-07 Name: Shel Huda

"Would not reccommend Goodman"
Bought an entire new Goodman 14 seer variable speed air conditiong unit at the end of 2007. Compressor blew 1/2010. $1100 in repairs. Three days later the txu broke, another $280. Parts are covered under warranty, but what good is that when your repair bills are through the roof?
Date created: 2010-02-05 Name: J. Crossley

"NEVER GET A GOODMAN"
Unit installed in August 2007. Since then, we have replaced the compressor and now the coils and a defrost board! I work in Property Management and would never recommend this product.
Date created: 2010-01-21 Name: Tom

"air conditioning"
My new air conditioning system is great. It's quiet and it really worked good this winter. I love the new furnace. The A/C is good too!!!
Date created: 2010-01-21 Name: Edward

"a/c replacement"
My 4 ton 16 seer a/c & heat Goodman system has been nothing but great! My utility bill has decreased about 30% and the unit is super quiet! I replaced my old Rheem system and the difference is very noticeable.
Date created: 2010-01-19 Name: J Johnson
Location: CA

"13 seer unit"
It is the worst unit I have ever had to use. The units where installed in 2009 in the apartment complex. I live in Ca. 650 sq foot one bedroom apartment. My average bill is $40 a month. My heating bill for December was $180. I had my Thermostat on 74 degrees. The vents were blowing a semi-warm air; had to wear layers of clothing to keep warm. The technicians came out and could not find anything wrong with the units. Right now, I have to live in a freezing apartment because I cannot afford such high electric bill.
Date created: 2010-01-15 Name: Jacob Rhea

"Goodman Gas Furnace with ac"
I had the compressor motor die about 6 months ago, Goodman still replaced the motor for free! Even though the 10 year warranty was done over 2 years ago!
Date created: 2010-01-05 Name: Never Again!

"Goodman Air Conditioner"
Two years old and 720.00 worth of labor charges for condenser and capacitor. Terrible consumer relations department and service. I would never recommend this brand to anyone. Bad quality for the money. Never again!