Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-02-05 Name: J. Crossley

"NEVER GET A GOODMAN"
Unit installed in August 2007. Since then, we have replaced the compressor and now the coils and a defrost board! I work in Property Management and would never recommend this product.

Date created: 2010-01-21 Name: Tom

"air conditioning"
My new air conditioning system is great. It's quiet and it really worked good this winter. I love the new furnace. The A/C is good too!!!

Date created: 2010-01-21 Name: Edward

"a/c replacement"
My 4 ton 16 seer a/c & heat Goodman system has been nothing but great! My utility bill has decreased about 30% and the unit is super quiet! I replaced my old Rheem system and the difference is very noticeable.

Date created: 2010-01-19 Name: J Johnson
Location: CA

"13 seer unit"
It is the worst unit I have ever had to use. The units where installed in 2009 in the apartment complex. I live in Ca. 650 sq foot one bedroom apartment. My average bill is $40 a month. My heating bill for December was $180. I had my Thermostat on 74 degrees. The vents were blowing a semi-warm air; had to wear layers of clothing to keep warm. The technicians came out and could not find anything wrong with the units. Right now, I have to live in a freezing apartment because I cannot afford such high electric bill.

Date created: 2010-01-15 Name: Jacob Rhea

"Goodman Gas Furnace with ac"
I had the compressor motor die about 6 months ago, Goodman still replaced the motor for free! Even though the 10 year warranty was done over 2 years ago!

Date created: 2010-01-05 Name: Never Again!

"Goodman Air Conditioner"
Two years old and 720.00 worth of labor charges for condenser and capacitor. Terrible consumer relations department and service. I would never recommend this brand to anyone. Bad quality for the money. Never again!

Date created: 2009-12-26 Name: Mike Garcier

"Mike-Chattahoochee,Fl."
Bought a new air handler and outside unit late Summer 2009. No problem until November 2009. The outside unit freezes up. A complete layer of ice over all the entire unit. The installer stated this is normal. However, he did come and checked it. The problem was in the defrosting. Replaced the defroster Thursday, 12/24/09. On 12/26/09, the unit was frozen again, blocking airflow and the inside air handler is blowing out cold air. Called the installer and he told me to keep running the unit so it can defrost. A little ice is normal. This, my friends is not a little bit of ice. It's a solid block of ice on all four sides of the outside unit. I'm thinking it's a freon leak or lack thereof.

Date created: 2009-11-23 Name: Chris

"Goodman not so good, man"
My house came with a brand new goodman ac. Since then the coil has been replaced twice and another major part also needed replacing. It again is freezing up as we speak. Goodman was installed in my entire neighborhood and there are always ac trucks out. I highly recommend looking elsewhere for an ac unit

Date created: 2009-11-10 Name: J. Michael

"Two units failed after 28 months"
Tenth repair/adjustment of units since buying new (both heat and cooling problems). Two units in house and both coils have leaks and need replacement, total labor cost $1,300 (obtained several quotes to get this price). Goodman provided parts at no cost, but labor to reinstall inferior products is unacceptable. Goodman Consumer Affairs told me to submit invoices and Goodman would cover the labor. not! Just received legal letter from their Consumer Affairs Mgr saying they would cover $300 if I agree to release Goodman and all associates from any and all claims, now and forever. Does this sound like a company operating in good faith?

Date created: 2009-11-03 Name: Ken Boudreau Sr
Location: Florida

"Waste of money"
I had the air handler installed on 12/23/2005. I replaced a 14 year old unit with this goodman. I have replaced the evaporator coil (TWICE)in the for years and the txv valve once. They warranty the parts but not the labor. The labor on these replacement parts totaled $675.00, not counting the inconvenience of being without air conditioning, in Florida, while waiting for the parts on the second installation. I wrong to the company for a reinburstment of the labor cost and sent me a letter outlining the warranty of 5 years parts. What happened to quality?