Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-04-19 Name: Charlotte Berry

"Goodman Heating and Cooling System"
Goodman sucks as far as I'm concerned. We have had this unit less than 3 years and have had 2 new compressors installed already. Sure, they are covered under warranty but not the labor, which runs over a thousand dollars. It takes up to a week to get the parts so you have no heating or cooling. The cost of our electricity has only gone up and up. I wish I could take the whole thing out and chunk it. I've had other heating/cooling systems last up to 25 yrs with minor problems. Don't buy just because it's cheaper. Believe me, you get what you pay for.

Date created: 2010-04-18 Name: Gator

"contractor"
Goodman has beefed up their copper. As a contractor, I have had good luck with them, been easy to work with warranty also. Customer comes first. If we have a problem, we stand behind it. Need to ask your A/C company what their warranty is as a company. If we change out parts on older unit, we have our own warranty regardless mgf. Sorry to here about problems. Choose your A/C company that will stand behind you.

Date created: 2010-04-14 Name: C. Lake

"Distributor View"
I worked for a distributor of Goodman products. My advise - do not buy a Goodman unit and if you do buy a labor contract. There are service bulletins out on the air handlers - service co. are getting #300 a crack for cleaning the evaporator coils on them from Goodman because they are failing at an amazing rate. Pkgd. units have reversing valve problems (epidemic codes 8692 & 8693) that Goodman pays service co. $425 to fix; and when the rev. valve goes it takes the solenoid coil and sometimes the compressor with it. Also the time defrost delay has a Service bulletin out. If you don't buy a labor contract, then you are at the mercy of the service co. who will charge you every time they come out to fix your unit-and believe me, they will have to come out and fix the 2008-2010 model units at least once. Goodman used to be a good brand; the family sold the business and it has had problems ever since. If it weathers the recession, we in the business will be surprised given the quality issues. I could have bought a Goodman unit, nearly at cost as an employee, but I put in a Trane unit this year and paid the higher price because I will not buy a brand I know I cannot depend on. It's sad to see a good brand sink - btw, this is also the company that manufactures Amana that you can buy at Sears.

Date created: 2010-04-12 Name: Alex

"Goodman is awful"
I have 2 units, both have leaking condensing coils. My neighbor has the same problem.

Date created: 2010-04-10 Name: Jeff Seasholtz

"Poor Product"
Had a new Goodman 16 seer central air system installed in March 2008. By end of the cooling system, it started throwing warm air. At start up of 2009 season in May had no 410 freon in the system. The cooling coil was bad. Had to pay $900 to have a new one installed. Coil was covered but not the labor. Again 2010, tried to start this time in April. Same situation not compressor function. Called the repair rep out and they found another bad cooling coil. Luckily, this year both the labor and coil are under warranty. But this is another disruption to normal life. Last year, I notified Goodman and they did not give me the time of day. Really pissed me off. I just emailed them this morning and honestly expect the same flippant attitude. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND A GOODMAN PRODUCT. PURCHASE ANOTHER MANUFACTURER.

Date created: 2010-04-09 Name: RLGIII

"Goodman Air Conditioning Units"
I own a 3 ton unit & a 2 1/2 ton unit. Both are pieces of crap!!! I would not recommend purchasing this brand of air conditioning due to an obvious poor manufacturing process, poor quality of parts, customer service, and quality control. I have had the coils replaced twice, a motor replaced, leaks in the system soldered, and freon replenished in both units every year that I have owned the units. I am currently confronted with purchasing two new units or replacing the entire system at extreme cost, which I probably should have done years ago. I am extremely dissatisfied with Goodman air conditioning systems, and would strongly not recommend purchasing a Goodman product!!!

Date created: 2010-04-09 Name: Mrs D. Henke

"Flawless"
Five years old and never a problem with this system. We have been very pleased with the performance of our Goodman furnace and AC.

Date created: 2010-04-08 Name: Darell Shaw

"Stay Away"
We moved into our brand new home nine months ago. Our air has already gone out! We had to have it serviced (all the freon had leaked out). This is not covered by warranty. We had to have it filled and pay out of pocket on a 9 month old air system. The repair man just left ($90). Later, we are told that the inner coil has several pin hole leaks in the coils (from factory saudering). Estimated repairs is over $475 out of pocket. Come on - 9 months old...??? Never again will I own one of these systems. I think I should be entitled to a refund of all the money I have wasted on this defective system. Very poor quality.

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: Leroy Jones

"HAVE A PROFESSIONAL INSTALL!!!!!!!!"
I have sold and worked on Goodman units for over 25 years now and I know for a fact that if this brand is installed properly, then you will have no problems if any at all. In most cases that I have read on here, the unit was probably not installed correctly. Therefore, lead to many problems. Have a professional install your unit, not a kid with no experience right out of school. There are too many companies out there that throw this equipment in and don't take the time to do it correctly. I recommend Goodman. They are customer friendly, and back there warranty. You don't have to pay for a name. You get a good product for a good price or you can spend an extra $1000.00 on a Trane so they can have fancy commercials on tv. The unit is only as good as the installer. Simple as that.

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: Greg M.

"GMC Air Conditioner"
Unit began leaking freon last year about this time. Contractor located a leak in the evaporator coil (above air handler). Running with leaky coil until I decided to replace or repair. The outside compressor unit is rusty and looks pretty bad. Unit still runs though.