Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-04-10 Name: Jeff Seasholtz

"Poor Product"
Had a new Goodman 16 seer central air system installed in March 2008. By end of the cooling system, it started throwing warm air. At start up of 2009 season in May had no 410 freon in the system. The cooling coil was bad. Had to pay $900 to have a new one installed. Coil was covered but not the labor. Again 2010, tried to start this time in April. Same situation not compressor function. Called the repair rep out and they found another bad cooling coil. Luckily, this year both the labor and coil are under warranty. But this is another disruption to normal life. Last year, I notified Goodman and they did not give me the time of day. Really pissed me off. I just emailed them this morning and honestly expect the same flippant attitude. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND A GOODMAN PRODUCT. PURCHASE ANOTHER MANUFACTURER.

Date created: 2010-04-09 Name: RLGIII

"Goodman Air Conditioning Units"
I own a 3 ton unit & a 2 1/2 ton unit. Both are pieces of crap!!! I would not recommend purchasing this brand of air conditioning due to an obvious poor manufacturing process, poor quality of parts, customer service, and quality control. I have had the coils replaced twice, a motor replaced, leaks in the system soldered, and freon replenished in both units every year that I have owned the units. I am currently confronted with purchasing two new units or replacing the entire system at extreme cost, which I probably should have done years ago. I am extremely dissatisfied with Goodman air conditioning systems, and would strongly not recommend purchasing a Goodman product!!!

Date created: 2010-04-09 Name: Mrs D. Henke

"Flawless"
Five years old and never a problem with this system. We have been very pleased with the performance of our Goodman furnace and AC.

Date created: 2010-04-08 Name: Darell Shaw

"Stay Away"
We moved into our brand new home nine months ago. Our air has already gone out! We had to have it serviced (all the freon had leaked out). This is not covered by warranty. We had to have it filled and pay out of pocket on a 9 month old air system. The repair man just left ($90). Later, we are told that the inner coil has several pin hole leaks in the coils (from factory saudering). Estimated repairs is over $475 out of pocket. Come on - 9 months old...??? Never again will I own one of these systems. I think I should be entitled to a refund of all the money I have wasted on this defective system. Very poor quality.

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: Leroy Jones

"HAVE A PROFESSIONAL INSTALL!!!!!!!!"
I have sold and worked on Goodman units for over 25 years now and I know for a fact that if this brand is installed properly, then you will have no problems if any at all. In most cases that I have read on here, the unit was probably not installed correctly. Therefore, lead to many problems. Have a professional install your unit, not a kid with no experience right out of school. There are too many companies out there that throw this equipment in and don't take the time to do it correctly. I recommend Goodman. They are customer friendly, and back there warranty. You don't have to pay for a name. You get a good product for a good price or you can spend an extra $1000.00 on a Trane so they can have fancy commercials on tv. The unit is only as good as the installer. Simple as that.

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: Greg M.

"GMC Air Conditioner"
Unit began leaking freon last year about this time. Contractor located a leak in the evaporator coil (above air handler). Running with leaky coil until I decided to replace or repair. The outside compressor unit is rusty and looks pretty bad. Unit still runs though.

Date created: 2010-04-05 Name: C D I

"Valve leaks freon in the winter - buyer beware"
Had a Goodman AC installed in 2008. Worked fine until the first hot day in 2009 when no cold air was blowing out of the vents. The AC contractor found out that the unit did not have any freon. It leaked out over the winter months. Apparently, a bad valve design allows the gas to leak at lower temperature. They probably did not account for cold temperature contraction of the material used for the valves. My AC contractor tried to get reimbursed for the warranty work but has not received a penny from the manufacturer.

Date created: 2010-04-05 Name: L. Richardson

"Nothing but problems from day one!"
Brand new house and the day we closed, they had to replace the unit (5- 2007). A year later, they found a leak in the coils (8-2008). The next year, heat pump reverser valve was leaking (9-2009). Now, 4-2010 the damn thing isn't working again. I'm filing a lemon complaint if I can!

Date created: 2010-04-03 Name: Pete Damron

"Think about This"
If you read any review about a product, you're going to see the unhappy people. What is the percentage making the complaint? How many people take the time to brag about the HVAC equipment? All HVAC mfg have complaints. If you sell more, you will have more complaints. I am not just saying this. I am trying to open your eyes. Goodman MFg is the world's second largest HVAC mfg selling more than any other brands. They have an outstanding warranty compared to the others. Goodman mfg Amana. They warranty for life. Go to the website and read for your self. Carrier has one plant located in Tyler, Texas. Just laid off 360 employees. The production shit moved to Mexico. Trane/American Standard, same thing 50% has moved to Mexico again Tyler employees lost jobs. The internet high is a great thing but the highway sometimes only goes one way with any HVAC equipment. First place, proper duct work. "Working mechanical" is a must and a trained installer that know what he is working on. Many companies sell up to a dozen brands. It's whatever they can sell. Again, 99.9% is the install. Many things can cause freon leaks over charged system. Dirty filters causing high head presure bad ref lines to begin with. A dirty filter can cause vibrations to start because of lint on blower wheels. I could go on for pages. However, the key is research. Try and find out the percentage of failures compared to success. That may be hard to do because a happy consumer isn't here placing a complaint. HVAC equipment is a big investment. It is a lot of the equity in your home. Goodman Mfg knows this and they didn't get to where they are today by selling junk and tin cans.

Date created: 2010-03-11 Name: David Merkel

"Great unit"
Never had any problems with this unit. Runs quietly and efficiently. Would recommend.