Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-05-05 Name: Carrol Maxwell

"Goodman central air conditioner system"
We have had only minor problems. Outside coils are beginning to rot, service man said we probably will have trouble this summer. We are thinking about another Goodman; service man said unit has been greatly improved.

Date created: 2010-05-04 Name: I. Rodriguez

"Goodman... very good"
Had two Goodman AC installed in my home. 17 years later, only one needs to be replaced. Definitely got my money worth.

Date created: 2010-05-04 Name: D. Sweatman

"Goodman Sucks!!!"
We have been living in this home since 2006 and I have had my Goodman Cooling serviced atleast 4 times. It seems that every March/September the unit fails to cool. Thankfully, we haven't had any issues with the heating but we have had coils replaced and multiple freon fills. I am so over this unit continually failing. I thought our unit was being sabotaged but after reading other forums I see we simply have a shabby product. This unit sucks!!!

Date created: 2010-05-03 Name: M. Singer

"Do Not Buy"
I want my money back!!!!!!!!!! Just had new air handler 3.5 ton installed 4/29/10 still having problems. Finally, owner of company that installed unit came out Sat night after I left several messages, Fri and Sat. He was called again several times. Sun came out, said give it time. Sunday night, temp finally came down to 80 when it was set for 72. Called again Monday morning. They came out today in the afternoon at 7 pm. Temp was 80. I'm not a happy camper!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-04-30 Name: Dareyl W. Stark

"NEVER, NEVER AGAIN"
I had a package unit installed by a Goodman dealer and I've had it worked on twice in 1 year. It quit heating the house so when I tried the electric heat strip it was unserviceable, so during the service call $374.00 they found it was also low on freon, but they couldn't detect a leak??? Added 5lb r22 and was on their way. Long behold 5 months later no cooling, again low on freon. Added another 5lbs and charged nothing since this service call was done by a Goodman rep who understood my frustration and also found the leak in the coil with a dye test and sniffer "inside" the house with the freon blowing out the registers. Goodman has jacked us around for 2 months trying to get a new coil and/or replace the unit. The latest service tech Shane Clevenger with "Able Co." out of Beaufort, SC is the only good thing in the word Goodman. He has spent "his time and money" to keep me and my family climatized in our home while Goodman continues to play their games with Me, Able Co, & his Supplier. Don't buy a Goodman. Their Service Reps are awesome. The company sucks!!!!! They need to take a hard look at customer satisfaction and service. Bet the President of the Company is warm/cool in his house.

Date created: 2010-04-27 Name: T. Osborn

"Great products"
As an HVAC contractor with 12 years of experience, I have worked on every brand made. When my system kicked the bucket 2 years ago, I chose to install a Goodman 16 seer heat pump. The efficiency of this system is the best I've ever seen. To the folks that have had serious problem with their Goodman systems, I can promise you that a system is only good as the installer. I have been installing the Goodman line of products for over 10 years & have had great success with these products. Less call-backs & in Louisiana folks have to have their air conditioner so down time is not an option.

Date created: 2010-04-23 Name: A. Bailey

"Horrible Product Goodman CKL 49 IL"
Bought house new with this air conditioner 5 years ago. We've had to have this unit serviced 3 times. Does not cool the second floor. Would not buy one of their products given the choice.

Date created: 2010-04-23 Name: F. Muller

"Proud Owner!"
I love, love, love my system. A product is only as good as its installer!

Date created: 2010-04-22 Name: Al Adkins
Location: Central KY

"26 YEARS OLD"
My 26 year old 7 seer Goodman air conditioner has developed a fatal leak. I also have a 20+ year old 55% gas furnace. Just for fun, I am quoting others but expect to replace both with Goodman 13 seer air and 95% furnace. Expect to save a bundle in utility cost. Located in central KY.

Date created: 2010-04-20 Name: Brenda

"DON'T BUY Goodman AC"
I bought 3 A/C units, 1 for my rental and two for the house I built. The first coil went out within the first year cost in 600$ to fix. The second went out costing 600$ plus 125 for freon and the third just went out cost 635$.