Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN central air conditioners

Read more about GOODMAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-04-30 Name: Dareyl W. Stark

"NEVER, NEVER AGAIN"
I had a package unit installed by a Goodman dealer and I've had it worked on twice in 1 year. It quit heating the house so when I tried the electric heat strip it was unserviceable, so during the service call $374.00 they found it was also low on freon, but they couldn't detect a leak??? Added 5lb r22 and was on their way. Long behold 5 months later no cooling, again low on freon. Added another 5lbs and charged nothing since this service call was done by a Goodman rep who understood my frustration and also found the leak in the coil with a dye test and sniffer "inside" the house with the freon blowing out the registers. Goodman has jacked us around for 2 months trying to get a new coil and/or replace the unit. The latest service tech Shane Clevenger with "Able Co." out of Beaufort, SC is the only good thing in the word Goodman. He has spent "his time and money" to keep me and my family climatized in our home while Goodman continues to play their games with Me, Able Co, & his Supplier. Don't buy a Goodman. Their Service Reps are awesome. The company sucks!!!!! They need to take a hard look at customer satisfaction and service. Bet the President of the Company is warm/cool in his house.

Date created: 2010-04-27 Name: T. Osborn

"Great products"
As an HVAC contractor with 12 years of experience, I have worked on every brand made. When my system kicked the bucket 2 years ago, I chose to install a Goodman 16 seer heat pump. The efficiency of this system is the best I've ever seen. To the folks that have had serious problem with their Goodman systems, I can promise you that a system is only good as the installer. I have been installing the Goodman line of products for over 10 years & have had great success with these products. Less call-backs & in Louisiana folks have to have their air conditioner so down time is not an option.

Date created: 2010-04-23 Name: A. Bailey

"Horrible Product Goodman CKL 49 IL"
Bought house new with this air conditioner 5 years ago. We've had to have this unit serviced 3 times. Does not cool the second floor. Would not buy one of their products given the choice.

Date created: 2010-04-23 Name: F. Muller

"Proud Owner!"
I love, love, love my system. A product is only as good as its installer!

Date created: 2010-04-22 Name: Al Adkins
Location: Central KY

"26 YEARS OLD"
My 26 year old 7 seer Goodman air conditioner has developed a fatal leak. I also have a 20+ year old 55% gas furnace. Just for fun, I am quoting others but expect to replace both with Goodman 13 seer air and 95% furnace. Expect to save a bundle in utility cost. Located in central KY.

Date created: 2010-04-20 Name: Brenda

"DON'T BUY Goodman AC"
I bought 3 A/C units, 1 for my rental and two for the house I built. The first coil went out within the first year cost in 600$ to fix. The second went out costing 600$ plus 125 for freon and the third just went out cost 635$.

Date created: 2010-04-19 Name: Charlotte Berry

"Goodman Heating and Cooling System"
Goodman sucks as far as I'm concerned. We have had this unit less than 3 years and have had 2 new compressors installed already. Sure, they are covered under warranty but not the labor, which runs over a thousand dollars. It takes up to a week to get the parts so you have no heating or cooling. The cost of our electricity has only gone up and up. I wish I could take the whole thing out and chunk it. I've had other heating/cooling systems last up to 25 yrs with minor problems. Don't buy just because it's cheaper. Believe me, you get what you pay for.

Date created: 2010-04-18 Name: Gator

"contractor"
Goodman has beefed up their copper. As a contractor, I have had good luck with them, been easy to work with warranty also. Customer comes first. If we have a problem, we stand behind it. Need to ask your A/C company what their warranty is as a company. If we change out parts on older unit, we have our own warranty regardless mgf. Sorry to here about problems. Choose your A/C company that will stand behind you.

Date created: 2010-04-14 Name: C. Lake

"Distributor View"
I worked for a distributor of Goodman products. My advise - do not buy a Goodman unit and if you do buy a labor contract. There are service bulletins out on the air handlers - service co. are getting #300 a crack for cleaning the evaporator coils on them from Goodman because they are failing at an amazing rate. Pkgd. units have reversing valve problems (epidemic codes 8692 & 8693) that Goodman pays service co. $425 to fix; and when the rev. valve goes it takes the solenoid coil and sometimes the compressor with it. Also the time defrost delay has a Service bulletin out. If you don't buy a labor contract, then you are at the mercy of the service co. who will charge you every time they come out to fix your unit-and believe me, they will have to come out and fix the 2008-2010 model units at least once. Goodman used to be a good brand; the family sold the business and it has had problems ever since. If it weathers the recession, we in the business will be surprised given the quality issues. I could have bought a Goodman unit, nearly at cost as an employee, but I put in a Trane unit this year and paid the higher price because I will not buy a brand I know I cannot depend on. It's sad to see a good brand sink - btw, this is also the company that manufactures Amana that you can buy at Sears.

Date created: 2010-04-12 Name: Alex

"Goodman is awful"
I have 2 units, both have leaking condensing coils. My neighbor has the same problem.